Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

what would you like to se the next Trek TV series be about?

I think for one it needs to be on syndication and avoid the CW!

now I always enjoyed the mirror universe episodes, why dont they make a series about that, a group of Federation crew members trapped in the Alternate (evil) universe trying to change it and get back to theirs, I think a series like this could be as good as what DS9 is and it can show a darker side to trek that is needed IMO

it should be about what happens to Chekov after The Undiscovered Country, and before Generations (commanding a starship I hope, his rank was captain as of Generations) maybe with some episodes with the mirror universe, if there was a mirror universe series, I think it should be a T.V. remake of Shattered Universe (Star Trek video game where the Excelsior under the command of Captain Sulu, gets trapped in the mirror universe)

it should be about what happens to Chekov after The Undiscovered Country, and before Generations

I don't think I can take having Chekov as the lead in a series....... :vbg:

Was Chekov really a Captain in Trek 6? I must have missed that. I thought he was still a Commander.

I don't know, I just want it to be fresh and something everyone can get behind and enjoy.

A pretty tall order given the staleness of the franchise right now. All avenues of further filmed adventures for TNG, DS9 & VOY crews seem closed for good.

If Trek XI succeeds then the door could be open for a TV series based on it but it will more likely spawn other feature films rather than a new series.

If it were me making the decisions I might have a meeting to seriously discuss the option of reinventing TNG sucess by taking a leap 100 years past NEM; new ship, new crew, new adventures which spawn galaxies.

I'd like to see more about "civilian" life under the Federation. Even now in 2008 there are private organizations jumping aboard the space exploration wagon - where are they in the Trek future. I guess originally Star Trek has envisioned a world without private enterprise where everything is controlled by "government" - the federation or whatever. Maybe it is time to revisit that idea - I'd like to see how some of those early explorers - traders etc react when the federation takes over.

I'd sort of like to see an "American West" analogy - in the frontiers of space a star fleet officer in the fledgling federation acts sort of like a traveling US Marshall - going from mining colony to outposts on the edge of space - maintaining order, investigating etc..

Since Star Trek is famous for addressing social concerns - if there is any social concern that a new series should address - it would be how people react when they find themselves subject to an all consuming government. (since they cancelled Jericho - I don't think the issue is being addressed except by the occasional law & order episode.)

it should be about what happens to Chekov after The Undiscovered Country, and before Generations

Was Chekov really a Captain in Trek 6? I must have missed that. I thought he was still a Commander.

no, he is a captain in Star Trek 7 more commonly known as Generations

I think it should be about an hour and at least a couple seasons.

Actually, I would like to see a series take place during the Excelsior era with the red uniforms that actually look like uniforms, maybe about 10 years after The Undiscovered Country. They could cover such things as the changing Klingon-Federation relations as a result of Praxis, the outward expansion of the Federation to it's "present" boundaries, perhaps the Federation-Cardassian war, etc. Much of the backstory has already been written in books, the movies, references from the later shows, etc.

It should not be about the USS Excelsior or Captain Sulu but could be in that time period.

it should be about what happens to Chekov after The Undiscovered Country, and before Generations (commanding a starship I hope, his rank was captain as of Generations) maybe with some episodes with the mirror universe, if there was a mirror universe series, I think it should be a T.V. remake of Shattered Universe (Star Trek video game where the Excelsior under the command of Captain Sulu, gets trapped in the mirror universe)

IMO that is not a good idea since that game gotboring after a while and it would have to be the longest movie to have all those characters in

Why not see it from a different species point of view. We have seen 4 genres of star trek all bout the federation and there policies.

Why not a Romulan ship.

A Klingon Ship

Or maybe a completley different species.

don't get me wrong i love Star Trek and the federation and think it may breathe new life into franchise

I like to see them in far,reaches of space ,with out post and all.AlsO was to make new ships in deep space too like enterpise..

post-761-1215528923.jpg

post-761-1215528967.gif

post-761-1215529082.jpg

I would have to say that the way to go for my take, would be as I believe Alterego said, a venture taking place a century or more from the last film-with more than enough room left before Daniels and co. Starfleet could have made leaps and bounds ahead, technologically, as well, by then...and encountered whole new species on a par with the UFP, as was with Cardassia, Romulus, etc. But the peek at the pre-TNG era, as in the novels, is an interesting notion.