Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Batman: The Dark Knight

This is my #2 "movie-to-see" this year.

Right between Star Trek and Iron Man.

I'm right there with you Gummy, but I personally would put Iron Man before Batman. The trailer looks GREAT!... <_<

This is my #2 "movie-to-see" this year.

Right between Star Trek and Iron Man.

I'm right there with you Gummy, but I personally would put Iron Man before Batman. The trailer looks GREAT!... <_<

Yeah, but I'm a bigger Batman Fan than I am an Iron Man Fan.

I saw a blurry image of a Two-Face action figure thats coming out for the movie. I didn't know that Two-Face would be in it!

Joker attacks dent and deforms him, from what I hear Dent becomes twoface @ the end and will the primary villan in the 3rd film

Now that the release date for Star Trek has been pushed back until next year, this will be my #1 movie to see this year.

I saw a blurry image of a Two-Face action figure thats coming out for the movie. I didn't know that Two-Face would be in it!

Me neither. I knew The Joker splashing Dent with acid was in the movie, but I thought they were saving the transformation to Two-Face for a future movie.

i guess now that the release date for star trek has been pushed back then this is Gummy's number one movie to see this year

I actually think it will help the movie....sort of like how when a musician or singer dies, their album sales jump up.

I actually think it will help the movie....sort of like how when a musician or singer dies, their album sales jump up.

I agree. Fans of Ledger who may not have seen it because they are not Batman fans may now go see it anyway.

I am goin to see the movie when it come out at theatres and go on the roller coaster at six flags this year can't wait for both of them

I don't think it will matter that much. Batman fans would see it whether or not Ledger was in it. Ledger fans would see it whether or not he died.

Ledger played an important role just as Lee did in The Crow. But we really don't know if Lee's death helped The Crow's box office receipts or not. There is no way to compare an actual event with a "might have happened" event. With The Crow Lee died during filming his scenes and maybe the audience wanted to see how things could be dubbed in since that was relatively new technology at the time. With Ledger, however, all his scenes had been shot already.

ok but reason why i goin to see it i seen almost all the batman movies sep for batman begins

I wonder what movie will turn out to do better, The Dark Knight or Iron Man, I want to see both, did anyone see Iron Man yet

I'd say it'll easily be Batman. It already has a very successful movie before it, so the base is already established. Not to mention Ledger's fans will flock to the film just to see him one last time on screen. I wouldn't be surprised if the death of Ledger will draw more of his fans to the movie who aren't fans of Batman. The only thing Iron Man has is word of mouth, which is powerful, but I don't see it making more money than Batman.

Remember, July is the release of "Batman: Gotham Knight". It is 6 mini-anime movies, much like "The Animatrix", that connects Batman Begins to the Dark Knight. I'm really looking forward to it, especially since it is the return of Kevin Conroy as Batman. Kevin Conroy is the actor who played Batman in every incarnation except for The Batman and JL: The New Frontier. Here's the trailer

Edited by The Kryptonian

Batman Gotham Knight release is tomorrow! Something else that is being released tomorrow that I am planning to pick up is the limited edition box set for Batman Begins

batmande7.jpg

it includes:

the two-disc special edition DVD version of Batman Begins plus an all-new disc with an exclusive two-minute sneak peek of The Dark Knight, Hollywood Movie Money to see The Dark Knight in theaters (a $7.50 value), a 128MB flash drive including 18 images from The Dark Knight, a Batman Begins lenticular, and five collectible Batman Begins post cards.

This is good for people like me that only have the single disc version of Batman Begins. This will also be released on Blu-ray

My review of Batman: Gotham Knight

It is very true that this is nothing new. Batman being turned into the Animatrix is still Batman. I am a Batman fan, but I think I was expecting more. The first story should have been completely left out. It is about kids telling there stories of when they first saw the Batman,but each kid has a different version as to what he looked like. The coolest thing about this movie is the return of Kevin Conroy. The downer is that the stories don't get interesting until the third.

Overall, this is an optional buy. It doesn't have anything to do with the upcoming movie, even though it is from the makers of the two Bale movies. If there is a connection, I didn't see it. They never reference Batman Begins, unless you count the Scarecrow on one story. I am a fan of Bruce Timm and what he has done with the DC animated universe, it is just a shame it didn't shine like most of his other work. On it's own, it's okay. If you are a major Batman fan, you will probably love it. If you are a casual or new fan wanting to like Batman, it being anime won't change your mind.

My review of Batman: Gotham Knight

It is very true that this is nothing new. Batman being turned into the Animatrix is still Batman. I am a Batman fan, but I think I was expecting more. The first story should have been completely left out. It is about kids telling there stories of when they first saw the Batman,but each kid has a different version as to what he looked like. The coolest thing about this movie is the return of Kevin Conroy. The downer is that the stories don't get interesting until the third.

Overall, this is an optional buy. It doesn't have anything to do with the upcoming movie, even though it is from the makers of the two Bale movies. If there is a connection, I didn't see it. They never reference Batman Begins, unless you count the Scarecrow on one story. I am a fan of Bruce Timm and what he has done with the DC animated universe, it is just a shame it didn't shine like most of his other work. On it's own, it's okay. If you are a major Batman fan, you will probably love it. If you are a casual or new fan wanting to like Batman, it being anime won't change your mind.

that story with the Kids describing the 1st time they saw Batman, sounds like an episode of Batman TAS made back in the mid 90's I remember seeing a story like that on that show (great cartoon btw) does it say when the one with the kids was made, cause it sounds just like that episode