Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaz4stfguy

Severe flooding in S.E. Minnesota

For those of you who have been following the news about the flooding in the Midwest U.S., I am relieved to say that my family escaped the damage. But many of my co-workers were not so lucky. Many have lost their homes. Seven lives were taken due to the sudden flash flooding. Fortunately, the communities are working together to get through this mess. Generosity has never been so apparent as it has been lately, either with cleaning supplies, temporary housing , or assistance with digging out. The amount of rain that fell in a brief few hours is unbelievable ... nearby towns of Witoka - 17 in. - and Hokah - 15 in. ... are of biblical proportions. One person is said to have stated that this was a 500 yr event, that is once in 500 yrs. I sure hope and pray that the next one is at least that long from now!

Here is a link: WCCO.com/photos

Thanks for your continued prayers my fellow trekkies!

Our prayers are indeed with you Jaz4debo. Its amazing how much devestation the floods have caused. Meanwhile, other parts of the country are dying for rain! Please stay dry and lets hope this all ends soon.