Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How would you rate Bound?

How would you rate Bound?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Bound?

I feel like somewhat of a lone voice at the moment...

Perhaps I should have waited to vote since I missed the first 15 minutes but I liked what I saw. Kind of campy, reminiscent of the old ST but the tension built up well. I loved the ending, thought that was great - and about time.

I am going to miss this show!

I was not sure what to make of this episode as a woman but I really enjoyed it.

Click For Spoiler

I'm still digesting this episode so I'll probably comment more later.

I gave it a ten

Click For Spoiler
I saw scenes reminicent of TOS. Besides the obvious, the green women to "The Menagerie", it was the banter with T'Pol and her "humor" that I especially liked. The kiss with Trip was a nice touch. I'm eager to see how that plays into the remaining episodes. Will it be "happy ever more", or an unfortunate tragedy that takes one of them away? I don't know, only speculating.

A respectable 7 out of 10--light, frothy fun. Silly in many places but the fun dialogue made up for it. Camp in the best TOS tradition. As a woman, I can't seem to raise much "feminist ire" over it so to speak. They're sexy, slinky, green dancing girls. If you went in expecting a guilty pleasure episode you enjoyed it.

Take it in a TOS context.

The bits with Trip and T'Pol at the end were very cute.

MEG, the reviewer at Trek BBS, excoriated it. Blistering. I'm a feminist, too, but I think MEG didn't take it as the tongue in cheek episode it was intended to be. She ended the review saying she was "thankful that 'In a Mirror Darkly Part I' is pre-empted in her city next week" because she was so offended at the site of bare midriffed T'Pol in the preview and Trek always lessens women and so on and so forth. I tuned her out at that point. :rolleyes: Even the best of sci-fi always has a bit of the sexy babe factor going on. I just can't get that upset over it at this point with cancellation looming, you know?

I gave it a 4.

Click For Spoiler
Not that it was a good show but I knew what was going to happen almost from the begining.

I am still really looking foward to next week.

I completely forgot that today was Friday. I was out buying my neighbor a new monitor for his computer (27" HDTV/Monitor). On top of that my TiVo didn't record it so I have to wait till Sunday to see it.

8.5 - entertaining but nothing groundbreaking.

o/t pheremones

Click For Spoiler
humans have pheromones too and they've done some interesting studies with how we're affected by them. Really bizzare stuff like women sniffing men's sweaty t shirts - but we do respond to some people's pheromones and not others. (one theory was this helps us keep our genetics diverse because we seem to be attracted to people outside our common genetic ancestry) Humans don't respond as obviously as was portrayed in this ep - but when people talk about "chemistry" between two people - there might be something to that.

Trip/T'Pol

Click For Spoiler
the only outcome I want to see is that they are able to break the link - no one should have another person in their head - even if you love someone do you want them accessing or intruding into your thoughts?

If they do decide to stay together (which I so hope doesn't happen) it should be because of "free will" not chemical compulsion. IMO.

Orion "slave" girls

Click For Spoiler
Well that was an interesting touch - that women use sexual attraction to control men. Still, I would have thought the men would have come up with a defense by now.

I thought it was light, fun episode. No earth shattering revelations. Very TOS-like.

I gave it a 9.5. A very good episode with some pretty funny moments! Very TOS style. I'm really going to miss this show, its just too darn good!!

Edited by Klingonmike

The bits with Trip and T'Pol at the end were very cute. 

MEG, the reviewer at Trek BBS, excoriated it.  Blistering.  I'm a feminist, too, but I think MEG didn't take it as the tongue in cheek episode it was intended to be.  She ended the review saying she was "thankful that 'In a Mirror Darkly Part I' is pre-empted in her city next week" because she was so offended at the site of bare midriffed T'Pol in the preview and Trek always lessens women and so on and so forth.  I tuned her out at that point.    :rolleyes:  Even the best of sci-fi always has a bit of the sexy babe factor going on.  I just can't get that upset over it at this point with cancellation looming, you know?

319008[/snapback]

The scene with Archer, Trip, T'Pol and Phlox in sickbay was rather TOSish too, wasn't it.

I believe all the female crewmembers uniforms had bare midriffs and how is that different from TOS miniskirts.

Anyways, back to Bound.

I just got to see it tonight. I liked the episode and I'm giving it a 9..Not an intense powerful episode..But I felt it was a fun TOS style episode and I was glad to learn more about the Orions. And I loved the scenes at the end.

Click For Spoiler
And that final scene with Trip and T'Pol was indeed cute..

I'm certainly going to miss this show big time when it's gone.. :rolleyes:

As many know I'm a big fan of ENT, but I have to give this one a 5. I just think that they could have done something more then this and it almost look like Archer was going to rip his shirt off and become Kirk. I would have liked it is they spent more time on the many people. And just to note I nromaly rate 8 or higher on ENT.

I loved what I seen of it and that was about 20 minutes of it as we've had some high winds in the area and I couldn't get the station on my satelite very well. I still gave it a 7.5 and hope to somehow be able to see it on a rerun but I'm doubtfu that I will with Ent being canceled. <_<

I Give it a 9.5 was a good episode was indeed very TOSish in some aspects was nice to know abit more about the Orions

Click For Spoiler
and was also interesting the mentioning of the Gorns being able to make Liquor very unusual for Advanced T Rex Humanoids.

<_< :angry: :angry: :hmmm:

A very simplistic episode, which is nice. I gave it a 6.5 out of 10 though

Click For Spoiler
The plot reminded me way to much of 'Hatchery' which was IMHO the worst episode of season 3. Also I could see that the Slave Girl dances were the effects of the network trying to get a boost for male demographics.

It was cool that the effects of the Orion women caused just high adreniline level but didn't make the men absolute slaves to them. It wasn't a sure thing that they would give in to the Orion's demands or not. I also couldn't help but smile at the end with Trip and T'Pol, especially in Sickbay.

I also am eagerly awaiting 'Through a Mirror Darkly'.

I was a fun episode, but it wasn't anything spectacular. It was highly predictable.

If we were rating the preview for the epsiode, it would've gotten a 0! It made the episode look like a rap video!

A very simplistic episode, which is nice. I gave it a 6.5 out of 10 though

Click For Spoiler
The plot reminded me way to much of 'Hatchery' which was IMHO the worst episode of season 3. Also I could see that the Slave Girl dances were the effects of the network trying to get a boost for male demographics.

It was cool that the effects of the Orion women caused just high adreniline level but didn't make the men absolute slaves to them. It wasn't a sure thing that they would give in to the Orion's demands or not. I also couldn't help but smile at the end with Trip and T'Pol, especially in Sickbay.

I also am eagerly awaiting 'Through a Mirror Darkly'.

319713[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you on one point:

Click For Spoiler
the dance the orion slave girls did to me was very reminiscent of the dance the orion slave girl did on TOS. plus whats the point of improving male demographics when the show is about to end.

Click For Spoiler

319713[/snapback]

I disagree with one point you made.

Click For Spoiler

It was okay, and I agree with many that several scenes were reminescent of TOS, especially the closing scenes, where there was humor and one-up-manship.

Click For Spoiler

I'll give it a 7.5

It was okay, and I agree with many that several scenes were reminescent of TOS, especially the closing scenes, where there was humor and one-up-manship.

Click For Spoiler
I find the notion that Orion slave women are actually running everything a development which would force one to view all other epsiodes with Orion women 'differently.' For instance in the scene in Menagerie, when Vena appeared as the green Orion slave, she was really 'in cotrol,' and not the slave? It was not really 'Mr. Pike's place?' ( not withstanding that it was all a dream)  Mr. Pike's guests in that scene seemed to know that no human male could resist the Orion women, but no on seemed to know that the women were really in charge. That seems like something that Archer would have reported, and like something that would be very widely known among Star Fleet officers in Pike's time. If what transpired in 'Bounded' was correct, Mr. Pike's guests should have said to Pike, " Vena has a nice place here, Mr. Pike!"

I'll give it a 7.5

320091[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
That's a good point - I don't think they are too consistent but I don't think they care at this point.

After thinking about it I also have to say - the premise is really ridiculous. If the women really controlled men with pheromones they wouldn't have to dance and run around barely clothed - they'd get the same effect if they walked by in a jumpsuit.

I also think if Orions had warp technology they had the men should have had the ability to have developed a defense to the pheromones by that point.

And there's the question - would anyone voluntarily act as a slave if they didn't have to? Personally, I doubt it.

Click For Spoiler

After thinking about it I also have to say - the premise is really ridiculous. If the women really controlled men with pheromones they wouldn't have to dance and run around barely clothed - they'd get the same effect if they walked by in a jumpsuit.

I also think if Orions had warp technology they had the men should have had the ability to have developed a defense to the pheromones by that point.

Click For Spoiler

I doubt the pheromone is 100% effective. Having a nearly naked green female as a visual aid clouds the mind and the pheromone does the rest of the job.

I imagine the men do have a defense. It's just that the general population doesn't want to have a defense. Most of the men are probably addicted.

Two possible answers to the slave question. The men have developed a defense and are selling the women off this way. Or the women simply wish to get off planet that they may have even more control.

Edited by CaptQuick

Click For Spoiler

I'll give it a 7.5

320091[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

320094[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

8.5 - I liked this episode, it was not as good as some of the epsiode recently , a bit predictable but it was also lighthearted and silly . I also thought the Orion Slave Girls were very hot.

I was glad that Trip and T'Pol finally kissed and that Trip decided to return to Enterprise

Edited by trek_dude

Sign in to follow this