Sign in to follow this  
Jaz4stfguy

The Carpenters

Just thought I'd post a thread about one of my favorite groups, The Carpenters. They were popular in the '70s and '80s. Any one remember their songs, like: "Superstar", "Ticket to Ride", or "We've Only Just Begun"? I also have a music DVD, The Carpenters - Gold. :biggrin:

I liked the Carpenters music though I haven't heard it in quite a while. The songs I remember are 'Close to You' and 'We've Only Just Begun'.

I like some of The Carpenters' music, and I LOVE the song "We've Only Just Begun". :biggrin:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I do enjoy the music of the Carpenters. They had a great run in the 1970s. I remember it well.

I love their music :biggrin: . I think we still have the four CD collection of their music here at the house. At one point we did have the LP variation, but the turntable died so we just now have the CDs

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I love it, I just can't listen to it, cause it reminds me of my mumm and makes me sob.

my mum sang that..uhm... "on the day that you were born the angles go together......"

i have tears in my eyes everytime i hear it for some reason :biggrin:

my mum sang that..uhm... "on the day that you were born the angles go together......"

i have tears in my eyes everytime i hear it for some reason  :biggrin:

316234[/snapback]

Awww that song was my mums fave song

I have a CD of their hits. I am not ashamed to say I liked their music, and my if I recollect correctly, my sister-in-law used some of their music in her wedding, which was a popular thing to do during those years.

The circumstances of Karen carpenters death were very sad, and it was a loss not only to her family, but to the music world, when she passed.

I am not ashamed to say i liked them and still do.