Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Ghosts

I was listening to a diamond rio song when the guy said I believe in ghosts (the song is I Believe) and It got me thinking, esp. since it is easter.

I mean christians believe in the holy ghost as part of the holy triumverate, but some sections don't believe in ghosts, but to be honest, look at the bible enough and you can see enough places where ghosts could be a reality (in that where it talks about people not going straight to heaven ...

So I have just been thinking, do other people believe in it. I for one certainly do.

I guess you need to define what you mean by "ghost". The Holy Ghost, in Christian theology, is not the same thing as a "ghost" that haunts a house in Hollywood "theology".

I do not believe in the Hollywood image of ghosts.

Click For Spoiler
As for biblical references to "spirits" - I do believe that humans are comprised of both a spirit and a physical body and death is separation of our spirit from our body. And yes, the spirit waits for the resurrection but in the "spirit world" not roaming around old houses.

i had 2 ghostly experiences at Gettysburg, the 12st was 15 years ago I was 10 and went to Jenny Wade's house myself I was in there alone, but I felt as if I wasnt alone and a chain to keep you away from the kitchen area started to swing by itself, then the door slam, I ran out of there bleach white, and thats one place I will never visit again in gettysburg another time out there me and my dad were in the battlefield near the Triangle field looking for deer and we saw what appeared to be an reenactor in the woods riding towards us, my dad pulled the car over and wanted to talk to him and we waited and the dude never came out...that was erie but not as scary as Jenny Wades house, Also my G/f has pics of her at this wooden bridge out there its a covered bridge and there are orbs in it, they say the bridge is one of the most haunted bridges in the USA, so we think the orbs are something. So YES I beleave in Ghost, if a tragedy happens i beleave the Spirit may be stuck in a purgatoy like state where it cant leave this world due to the shock of its own death.

I've had experiences at Gettysburg too, a candle couldn't stay lit even in no wind. My name isn't just a name, it's sorta true. I've honed my psychic abilities. I went to an old mental hospital with my mom, it had been converted to an office building for PA State Employees. I was in the old area where patients waited strapped to gurney's to get electroshock therapy and I felt a cold presence. I asked my mom about it, and she said that other workers had heard things there. Then, I was in the mortuary later to get something and felt something just....very dark and disturbing. I could see my breath and I just turned and visualized a white aura around me and yelled at the thing "STAY AWAY!" and there was a loud door being slammed closed like three seconds after I yelled it.

i had minor ghostly experiences in other places chills and stuff but Gettysburg, everyone you talk to thats been there has at least experience one thing

Yes. I feel them all the time. Well, not all the time all the time, but whenever I'm near one. Usually at cemetaries (thankfully there aren't any around here that I know of) but it happens other places, too.

dragonwrangler95  Yesterday, 11:28 PM Post #5 

i had minor ghostly experiences in other places chills and stuff but Gettysburg, everyone you talk to thats been there has at least experience one thing 

not everyone

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Dragonwrangler, where do you live anyway?

312947[/snapback]

not everyone

312958[/snapback]

Uh, what?

I think she meant my quote about people experience strange stuff at Gettysburg

I live in a Small city about 20 Mins from Pittsburgh caleed Jeannette

Where do you live?

I think she meant my quote about people experience strange stuff at Gettysburg

I live in a Small city about 20 Mins from Pittsburgh caleed Jeannette

Where do you live?

312982[/snapback]

Mechanicsburg, small town just outside of Harrisburg. It's a rapidly growing area, but there is haunted areas here. If you want, I'll look up information about Jeannette.

yeah, but there might be some stuff, I live about 2 miles from a battlefield from thefrench and Indian war and being part Cherokee I get weird feelings walking around there myself all the time, Bushy Run battlefield

I did a Ghost tour of Pittsburgh before it was sweet

Kinda off topic of ths it seems everytime I get a headache lights either blow out or Streetlights go out if I am near them, it freaks my friends out and my Girl, you ever hear of that

Edited by dragonwrangler95

Your headaches could be related to you interacting with an electromagnetic field, which would explain the lights going out. Have you heard any crackling near speakers?

Nah, loud noises bother me too. Then again, I listed to the radio really loudly in the car :blush: Anyway, when you think about it, Gettysburg would be nothing if the battle didn't happen there.

As already mentioned by TUH, the Bible speaks of a spiritual realm, inhabited by both angels and demons. They are both present, perhaps even in our midst, yet invisible to our eye. At times, they are visible, though I don't know why. Not to worry, tho, that the Supreme Being, God, is keenly aware of the goings on of His angels, as well as the demonic forces of Satan. God has ultimate authority over all these beings, and Satan, too. I say this so that you need not worry about "ghosts". God is in control. :blush:

A lot of times jaz, the ghosts seen by people are those died unnatural deaths, like murder or suicide. The soul is a tricky thing to think about.

A lot of times jaz, the ghosts seen by people are those died unnatural deaths, like murder or suicide.  The soul is a tricky thing to think about.

313004[/snapback]

I don't intend to discount that others have had such "sightings". However, I do know, from the Bible, that Satan is a master at counterfeiting, and so I wouldn't put too much stock in that these "sightings" are of great significance, but merely Satan at work. As far as "ghosts' being of unnatural deaths as in suicide or such, that , to me, is fiction, and has no merit. Why? Reread the second line.

A lot of times jaz, the ghosts seen by people are those died unnatural deaths, like murder or suicide.  The soul is a tricky thing to think about.

313004[/snapback]

I don't intend to discount that others have had such "sightings". However, I do know, from the Bible, that Satan is a master at counterfeiting, and so I wouldn't put too much stock in that these "sightings" are of great significance, but merely Satan at work. As far as "ghosts' being of unnatural deaths as in suicide or such, that , to me, is fiction, and has no merit. Why? Reread the second line.

313008[/snapback]

Well, I don't believe in Satan, but even if I did, why would he bother with making false ghost sightings? Ghosts have never been a major part of people's lives, except for scaring people. The only time that major ghostly interactions happen is in things like MacBeth and Ghost. Other than that, ghosts tend to be nothing more than a source of amusement. By making false ghost sightings, all Satan would be doing is wasting his time.

Well, I believe most of the times people "see" things it is because they are pre-conditioned to expect to do so. I mean if you go someplace you believe is haunted (Gettysburg) you'll see things as ghosts that others may see as natural phenomena or not even notice at all.

The human mind is fascinating and when you consider we can have vivid memories of things that never happened - I tend to rely on measurable data rather than human perception as evidence.

In the example above - headaches and lights going out - as Mrpsychic pointed out - both could be caused by an independent third factor.

If you have a genuine supernatural experience, which I'm not categorically denying as possible, then either the force of good is trying to lead you to truth - or the force of evil is trying to lead you astray. And you need to figure out which it is.

As already mentioned by TUH, the Bible speaks of a spiritual realm, inhabited by both angels and demons.  They are both present, perhaps even in our midst, yet invisible to our eye.  At times, they are visible, though I don't know why.  Not to worry, tho, that the Supreme Being, God, is keenly aware of the goings on of His angels, as well as the demonic forces of Satan.  God has ultimate authority over all these beings, and Satan, too.  I say this so that you need not worry about "ghosts".  God is in control.  :blush:

313002[/snapback]

Good point jaz, I also believe that if anyone sees a "real" ghost that is not of their imaginiation or someithing then it must be a demon

What about ghosts as messangers of god (not angels, but like people who can help-) I am fairly sure I have been visited by ghosts, usually at a time of high stress, they have only ever been there it calm me down, and make me realise that my problem is only a small part of the world.

To me a ghost is someone who would be defined as someone trapped in this dimension.

A spirit is someone who has gone "home" and sometimes we can feel their presence when they come to check in on us. I lost one of my parents 3 years ago, and I can definitely feel their presence from time to time.

*looks at all of these answers, and sighs* in my opinion, there are No Such Thing As Ghosts. once you're dead, i hate to break it to ya, you're dead.

Thats the thing. I saw my mothers body once she had passed on and hate to break it chi, but there is more than the physical us. She really looked like a shell. That lead me to believe in a after life, 10 times more stronglyt than I had before.

the reason that it looks like a shell is because the brain is dead. nothing in the body works once the brain is dead, even the spark that you see in people's eyes. time ceases once you die. nothing happens after that. you die, and you don't float up into the sky.

wow that is pessimistic.

I believe differently. I hope you never have to go through what I have to learn why

i agree with you, lil' sis. the brains cells cease to continue to work, and all the vital organs stop to work. once and a while there will be a stimulated cell. then the flesh begins to decompose. let's just say that when the messiah comes, if he ever does, there will be a lot of ugly peeps around. not that ugly is bad. it's just smells. anyways, ghosts can't exist because there is no mass or particles to create the ghosts. so therefore you can't see them. therefore, there is no proof of ghosts.