Sign in to follow this  
Jaz4stfguy

Tsunami Animation

I learned of a site with an animation of the tsunami in Indonesia, provided by NOAA. After you click on the site, titled "Tech Blender", you will need to scroll down the page to the tsunami animation. Click on Large Animation for a bigger view. Here is the link: tsunami

BTW, my son told me about this, from a handout at school. Facinating! :P

Very interesting Jaz. Hopefully this new information they got, along with the model, will help scientists better design a warning system for tsunami's.

Poor Aceh and Sri Lanka.

They took the full brunt of that bloody thing. Incredible power.

You know, I was watching that animation and I noticed the waves also apparently hit the southern coast of the Arabian Pennisula.

Were there any reports from Yemen and Oman?

:P

None that I read of. I'm also looking at the Eastern shore of India, by Bangladesh, it seems like it was hit twice. Once by the initial tsunami, then ricochet off Sri Lanka.

Poor Aceh and Sri Lanka.

They took the full brunt of that bloody thing. Incredible power.

You know, I was watching that animation and I noticed the waves also apparently hit the southern coast of the Arabian Pennisula.

Were there any reports from Yemen and Oman?

:P

310477[/snapback]

You know, King, I recall reports about the wave hitting the east African coast, but I don't recall the countries. I believe that Somalia took a hit, too. I noticed on the animation, BTW, that it appears the tsunami reflected off India and then went westward to Thailand. It would seem that the Malay Penninsula took a double whammy! ;)

Edited by jaz4debo

It's amazing that something that started is a relatively small area could travel so far. And, like I said in one of my topics, humbling.