Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Insomniac Theater

I thought I would make a thread for people who can't sleep to post the time it is where they are and why they can't sleep, if any reason. It currently is 12:58 AM according to my computer clock, and I can't sleep due to my upcoming court date tomorrow. If you want more details, just go to the personal logs page and read mine. I have to be up tomorrow at 7 AM to get ready, so there's really no point in falling asleep now. :blush:

I might just do that..

Actually for a good portion of 2003(from June until Jan. 2004) I was pretty much a perpetual insomniac, basically between the severe pain of my arm(and the medical condition that formed due to the injury. On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the worst.. I was on the average feeling 8 or 9 constantly.) and the various medications I was on. I could only manage upwards of an hour or two of sleep.

And recently, between the shock of my best friend suddenly leaving and returning back home with pretty much no warning.. and my illness.. I am once again quite the insomniac over the last two or three weeks. Trying desperately to get sleep, but end up tossing and turning... and I gotta wake up at 3:45am to get ready for work anyhow.. :yahoo:

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I think Im slightly insomniacy cause I can stay up real late without being tired and still get up early (like only a couple of hours fater going to sleep) later on and also It takes me forever to get to sleep...........might try and get an early night :P

Force of habit.. woke up at 3:45am even though it is my day off of work. Actually got up for a short while around 1:30am.. but did not want to sit at the computer, so I tried dozing back off. Been working on another jigsaw puzzle.

I stayed up until midnight last night, typing a history paper, then woke at 0600 this morning, and now it is 2215 and I really ought to go to sleep. I do not feel like it though.

Normally, I can only get a few hours of sleep and be fine. This week has been stressful though (as is always the week before spring break). It takes a long time for me to get to sleep under the best of circumstances anyway.

I don't know if this counts but I get paid to stay up all night. I work from 12am till 6am at a radio station. So out of a week I am up all night 6 days a week. That one night when I do have the night off I can never get to sleep so I am always sleepy when I go to church but I can say this I do enjoy my job.

It is 3:08 AM have been up for an hour. I went to sleep just a bit early then woke up. Can't get back to sleep - this often happens. Usually related to stress. So was looking at BBall scores, on computer etc.

Been awake since 11:30pm, very sick to my stomach.. thought I was going to have to go to the ER I was in pain so much. I woke my mother up, and she sat with me through the first bout... starting another as I speak. Guess that stomach bug finally got me :P Just as I was finally getting much better after the bronchitis and the flu.

Been awake since 11:30pm, very sick to my stomach.. thought I was going to have to go to the ER I was in pain so much. I woke my mother up, and she sat with me through the first bout... starting another as I speak. Guess that stomach bug finally got me :P Just as I was finally getting much better after the bronchitis and the flu.

312547[/snapback]

:lol: Sorry to hear that, Yillara! I had missed several days of work in Feb, due to a stomach/intestinal fungus called "ci dif" I had a bad case of gas and "the trots" LOL! I only recently finishes my medicine. Prayerfully, there will be no relapse!

312547[/snapback]

:lol: Sorry to hear that, Yillara!

Thank you jaz4debo :wow:

I had missed several days of work in Feb, due to a stomach/intestinal fungus called "ci dif" I had a bad case of gas and "the trots" LOL!  I only recently finishes my medicine.  Prayerfully, there will be no relapse!

312548[/snapback]

I agree, hopefully no relapse will occur for you.

The pain ended the second time, and made it so I could fall back asleep. All I know is between everything going on... I just want it to be over, and go back to being perfectly healthy. I have a competition in exactly two weeks, and I do not want to miss it. I had to withdraw from last month's competition because I had the flu at the time and was running about a 101 degree fever when I tried to attend the final dance practice beforehand.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I have a word of advice for everyone here, don't take sleeping pills if you can't sleep. They're very addictive..I found out the hard way :P

I have a word of advice for everyone here, don't take sleeping pills if you can't sleep.  They're very addictive..

312626[/snapback]

Agreed, which is why I would not take them. They do mention that side effect, I believe. Which is why I had told my best friend not to take them unless it was absolutely unavoidable. He had been having some trouble sleeping for a little while, I pretty much guess it was stress that made him an insomniac.

i doubt we've even got any here....i'd not even thought about that anywhoo....

you'll see me back here ina couple of hours :P *sigh* school holidays provide one thing....late night 'net :lol: