Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Kingons Foreheads

It bothers me alot that they never have really explained very much the foreheads of the Kingons in THE TOS and all the other Series, even Worf made a Quick Reference to it inDS9 but we never fully got a good explination

A recent Enterprise episode did a great job explaining the Klingon forehead question..

could you please explain, I am not an Enterprise fan, plus I work in the evenings and Don't get the chance to see it even if I wanted to

I'd always wondered that myself.

309104[/snapback]

Always wondered what was in the recent episode? :P

309139[/snapback]

I Quess i didn't catch that one either

While on Earth, Dr. Phlox is kidnapped by a group of mysterious aliens and taken to a bizarre Klingon facility. There the Denobulan doctor learns that a scientist's attempts to create Klingon Augments went awry and now a deadly disease is ravaging the Klingon population. He'll be held hostage until he finds the cure.

While Enterprise frantically tries to locate Phlox, Reed withholds important information from Archer after Starfleet Operations Officer Harris tells Reed that keeping Archer in the dark is the only way to keep Phlox alive.

Though experiencing usual thoughts of T'Pol, Trip must leave Enterprise to start his new post aboard the Starship Columbia.

With the help of Captain Hernandez, Trip and the newly-launched starship Columbia, Archer pursues the kidnapped Phlox deep into Klingon territory, as Phlox decides to cooperate with finding a cure to a virus ravaging a Klingon outpost.

Meanwhile, Archer demands that Reed disclose his secret orders when his ties to a mysterious intelligence organization are revealed. Later, when Trip temporarily returns to Enterprise, T'Pol tries to broach an uncomfortable subject with him.

How does this relate to forehead ridges? Creating Klingon Augments eliminated forehead ridges from those Klingons. Phlox did cure the Klingons of the disease that was the result of these Augments. However there would be generations of Klingons without forehead ridges but eventually they would return states Phlox..

It was about the budget only. TOS functioned on a very low budget. They could not afford the makeup that they eventually used in the movies and the following series.

I believe it was explained in the book The World of Star Trek.

A recent Enterprise episode did a great job explaining the Klingon forehead question..

307502[/snapback]

I vaguely remember that. But the true reason was budget. There was a little joke about it in the DS9 episode "Trial and Tribblations".

Edited by Data

It was about the budget only. TOS functioned on a very low budget. They could not afford the makeup that they eventually used in the movies and the following series.

310326[/snapback]

I knew that I'm not stupid, but I knew there was a storyline to Explain it, I mean you would have to be a Mental Midget to not know it was Budget

310326[/snapback]

I knew that I'm not stupid, but I knew there was a storyline to Explain it, I mean you would have to be a Mental Midget to not know it was Budget

310333[/snapback]

I'm sorry. . In no way was I trying to be insulting. For some reason it never really bothered me

Yeah, for sure the real reason was the budget issue on TOS. But I am actually glad they created a storyline to try to explain this. The question about the forehead ridges have been brought up for a long time by fans. I felt that Enterprise did a good job of attempting to explain..

310326[/snapback]

310333[/snapback]

I'm sorry. . In no way was I trying to be insulting. For some reason it never really bothered me

310336[/snapback]

ok its kool

The two ENT episodes chronicling the events of why ridgeless Klingons existed are Affliction & Divergence

It would be helpful for understanding that story if you first watch the Dr. Arik Soong arc consisting of Borderland, Cold Station 12 & The Augments

Here is a listing of stations to watch for syn. episodes of ENT to air on.