Sign in to follow this  
Jaz4stfguy

The Daytonna 500

Hello! I know that there are other Trekkies who also follow NASCAR, such as BakulaBabe. I'm excited to see the racing season begin. And there already is some heated rivaly. The "bump" that Kevin Harvick gave Thursday in one of the Bud races, resulting in a multiple-car crash, created a lot of anger. A couple of interviews, one with Joe Nemechek showed that it did. It sort of reminded me of last year with Brendan Gaughin and my favorite driver, Mark Martin. I am curious to see how that will affect the race tomorrow. Will there be other drivers "gunning" for Harvick, looking for opportunities to exact revenge? Either way, this will be a great race to watch. Now to make sure that I have plenty of snacks and Diet Dew available. Woo Hoo!

I cheer for Dale Jarrett. :yahoo:

I'm getting impatient for the race to start right now!

I'm actually thinking Jarrett's going to do badly in this one. The Ford was a bit squirrely the last time he had it out on the track, so if his handling problems haven't been fixed, he's going to be out of the running pretty fast. :yahoo:

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all, but the new Dodge Charger race cars are really nice looking. Hopefully, the street version will have the power the old ones had.

I'm watching the pre-race show right now! It'll be interesting to see how many drivers will be willing to put racing before revenge. As soon as I post this, I'm checking logging out to focus on the race . Go Jeff Gordon! :yahoo:

In spite of that, I hope Mark Martin wins the Championship. :thumbup:

It's lap 162 of the Daytonna 500 as I type this, and #15 Michael Waltrip just pitted. It looks as if his motor blew. Too bad. I was also rooting for #17 Matt Kenseth, but he's out also, due to a motor failure. However, Mark Martin is in 5th place. Woo hoo! Now, back to the race. Where did I put my salsa....? LOL! :yahoo:

Click For Spoiler
It just ended with Jeff Gordon being the champion.

I changed it in case people haven't seen the race.

Edited by MrPsychic

WOOHOO, what an exciting race!!!

If you haven't seen it, don't click the spoiler.

Click For Spoiler
Jef Gordon ROCKS!!! Congratulations!

It was a good race. I'm glad that all those involved in wrecks walked away from their cars safely. :yahoo:

Jarrett didn't do too bad considering all the problems he has had with that Ford. Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out for the next race. Poor guy hasn't won in over a year now. :yahoo:

It appears that success breeds success. As much as I didn't want to see "pretty boy" Jeff Gordon win, it seems that he and his crew know how to win. Gotta give him credit. I'm glad that Mark finished in the top 10; sixth , actually. There is still a lot of racing ahead. Woo hoo! :yahoo:

I'm glad Mark escaped all those crashes! Those last few laps were the best racing I've seen in a LONG time! :yahoo: