Sign in to follow this  
Jaz4stfguy

Minnesota Vikings - SOLD!

It looks as if Red McCombs has finally found a buyer for the Vikings. Namely, Reggie Fowler, an Arizona businessman, and also an African-American. Should 24 of the 32 team owners vote in favor, this will be the first time that an African-American will be a majority owner of an NFL team. To this I say, its about time! :dude:

BTW, the team sold for $650 million!

Edited by jaz4debo

I wish I had $650 Million.... :dude: I could buy my favourite hockey team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, but that would be a really bad investment

:blush 2: uhhh... it seems that I am mistaken about the price. The team sold for $625 million. Sorry. Also, it appears that Reggie Fowler is the "point man" of a group of investors who purchased the team. If I led you to believe that Mr. Fowler was purchasing the team as sole owner, again, I'm sorry. I guess my enthusiam got ahead of myself. :P :dude:

Another interesting note: Anoka County, a part of the Twin Cities metro area, has proposed a football stadium to be built in Blaine, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, dated 15 Feb 2005. The price: $700 million, and is to be a part of a $1.5 billion "commercial complex". It seem that the county would contribute to the cost via a 0.75 percent sales tax. This , to me, sounds similar to what the Green Bay Packers did in order to renovate Lambeau Field. Maybe this will work.