Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Enterprise Canceled

According to StarTrek.com and other television news sites, it seems that Star Trek: Enterprise has indeed been canceled.

StarTrek.com article

"02.02.2005

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled!

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...

PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

"Star Trek has been an important part of UPN's history, and Enterprise has carried on the tradition of its predecessors with great distinction," said Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. "We'd like to thank Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and an incredibly talented cast for creating an engaging, new dimension to the Star Trek universe on UPN, and we look forward to working with them, and our partners at Paramount Network Television, on a send-off that salutes its contributions to The Network and satisfies its loyal viewers."

David Stapf, President of Paramount Network Television, said, "The creators, stars and crew of Star Trek: Enterprise ambitiously and proudly upheld the fine traditions of the Star Trek franchise. We are grateful for their contributions to the legacy of Trek and commend them on completing nearly 100 exciting, dramatic and visually stunning episodes. All of us at Paramount warmly bid goodbye to Enterprise, and we all look forward to a new chapter of this enduring franchise in the future."

A prequel to the original "Star Trek" series, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE premiered on UPN on Sept. 26, 2001, and aired for its first three seasons on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). On Oct. 8, 2004, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE moved into its current time on Fridays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). Through its four-year run, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE produced a total of 98 episodes and earned four Emmy Awards."

I will be mailing our petition for Enterprise On Wednesday of next week. I encourage anyone that has not signed it to please do so. Also, please feel free to send the link to anyone that you know, they do not have to be a member to sign the petition. I am also making the plea to anyone that is not a fan of the show to please sign the petition as well, but please do not add any comments that would discount the purpose of the petition. I am basically asking for a cease fire of sorts, I understand that there are members that do not like the show and are content if not happy about its cancelation, but I am asking for your help to try to at least make an attempt to save the show for those of us that do.

Below is a link to the petition.

http://www.startrekfans.net/petition

i added my name some time ago - i'm, to coin a phrase, a "Voya-nerd", but divisions be d**ned, we're in this together - GO ENT!!!