Sign in to follow this  
Jaz4stfguy

The Nextel Cup Championship - 2004

Who do you believe will win the Nextel Cup this year?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe will win the Nextel Cup this year?

• Kurt Busch - #97 - Ford
    • Jeff Gordon - #24 - Chevrolet
    • Dale Earnhardt, Jr. - #3 - Chevrolet
    • Jimmie Johnson - #48 - Chevrolet
    • Mark Martin - #6 - Ford
    • Tony Stewart - #20 - Chevrolet
    • Ryan Newman - #12 - Dodge
    • Elliot Sadler - #38 - Ford
    • Matt Kenseth - #17 - Ford
    • Jeremy Mayfield - #19 - Dodge
    • I really don't care one way or the other

Those of you who follow NASCAR realize that there is but one more race, on November 21 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, to determine the winner of the Nextel Cup. Who do you think it will be? I am rooting for Mark Martin, #6.

BTW, it seems I mistakenly put Jr's number as #3, when in fact it is #8. Sorry!!

Edited by jaz4debo

Kurt or Jimmie could get it, but I voted for Jeff Gordon. My husband is rooting for Mark Martin. I wouldn't mind if Dale Jr got it, but I don't think he stands much of a chance.

Kurt Busch of course, he's my favorite driver and I want him to take it, the way he's been racing this year he really deserves it. I also wouldn't mind it if Martin took it considering it is his last year racing Nextel.

Kurt Busch of course, he's my favorite driver and I want him to take it, the way he's been racing this year he really deserves it. I also wouldn't mind it if Martin took it considering it is his last year racing Nextel.

281079[/snapback]

Admittedly, I believe, barring a crash, that Kurt has the best chance of winning.

He has the best average finish, and finshed 6th yesterday to keep his #1 place in the chase. As long as Jeff Gordon doesn't win - LOL! although he's a good driver, I'd like to "share the wealth" and see someone else take it.

THIS is Mark Martin's last year racing??? In that case, I hope he wins! :thumbup:

THIS is Mark Martin's last year racing??? In that case, I hope he wins! :thumbup:

281192[/snapback]

Well for the Nextel cup, he's going to race just not on the NASCAR competitive level that he's racing now.

By now, those of you who follow the NASCAR races know that Kurt Busch

is the Nextel Cup Champion for 2004. :band: :toot: :thumbup:

Jeff Gordon finished a close second place; only 8 pt. shy! My fav, Mark Martin finished in 4th. The good news is that Mark will be back next season and, from the post-race interview, will be competing for the Cup one last time. w00t, w00t!