1. 1. Have you seen any of these films?

• 1. A Fistful of Dollars
    • 2. A Few Dollars More
    • 3. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    • 4. High Plains Drifter
    • 5. None of the above
    • 6. More than one above
    • 7. Um...what's a spaghetti western?

Clint Eastwood is one of my all-time favorite actors. Among the huge list of movies that he has appeared in and/or directed, he may be best known for his series of movies filmed primarily in Italy; hence, the name "spaghetti western."

Two of them were featured this weekend on TV, on the Hallmark Channel. I am just curious if there are others who share my interest.

Of the movies listed, I've only seen High Plains Drifter in it's entirety. The rest I have seen bits and pieces of. Another favorite Eastwood western of mine is Hang 'Em High.

I like The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly the most. I like most Clint Eastwood's "Spaghetti Westerns." It not about good guy wearing white hats and bad guy wear black.

Of the movies listed, I've only seen High Plains Drifter in it's entirety. The rest I have seen bits and pieces of. Another favorite Eastwood western of mine is Hang 'Em High.

273580[/snapback]

Thanks, Luv! I thought that I may have missed one or two titles. It's my first poll. I'm glad that you and Odie also like his movies. :( :laugh:

I like The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly the most.  I like most Clint Eastwood's "Spaghetti Westerns."  It not about good guy wearing white hats and bad guy wear black.

273582[/snapback]

I agree with you, Odie. I don't know that I have a favorite. It's hard to choose. However, I especially like the scene in GBU where "blondie" - Clint - and the colonel - van Cleef - face each other for the first time. Like a pair of male dogs eyeing each other. Then the punch, followed by the " see-how-well-I-can-shoot" routine, followed by "see-I-can-shoot-even-further'. It was great! :(

I went to the web site Clinteastwood.net and discovered two things:

1. The so-called "spaghetti westerns" consist of only the first three on my poll.

2. His very first movie was a1955 sci-fi thriller called "Revenge of the Creature" where Mr. Eastwood played the role of a lab assistant (!). Pretty neat, eh? :)

3. His very first TV appearance is in a milk commercial ~~ no apparent "moustache" ~~ hehe!

I"m a teenager give me a tip here. my grandfater loves clint eastwood.

btw i've seen space cowboys... does that count :VBGal:

274083[/snapback]

Sounds to me that you're on your way to becoming a Clint Eastwood fan!

I'm glad that your grandfather likes him, I'm a grandpa myself! Woo hoo! ~~ ala Homer Simpson. :)

274083[/snapback]

Sounds to me that you're on your way to becoming a Clint Eastwood fan!

I'm glad that your grandfather likes him, I'm a grandpa myself! Woo hoo! ~~ ala Homer Simpson. :)

274087[/snapback]

go grandpas :)

What is that one where Clint was whiped by a gang within an inch of his life and then comes back later and is made Sherriff?  Which one is that?

281634[/snapback]

That would be "Hang 'Em High" from 1968. A very good western, IMO. :lol:

For more info on Mr. Eastwood's films, click here: clint eastwood :congrats:

I have seen all of the above and many more my grand father is a big john wayne fan so when i was younger i watched loads of westerns and just a few nights ago i saw one on TCM channel that had william shatner in it he was playing the part of a priest....*bangs head*..i cant remember what it was called.

I see that there is a DVD release, called "The Man with No Name Trilogy", which is the first three movies listed at the top. I just may buy it. It would be cheaper than any of the TOS DVD sets that are out, tho I want to buy all of them :laugh: .

"The Man With No Name Trilogy"?!?

WOOHOO!!! That's a must-buy! :laugh: