Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaz4stfguy

The Jaz Files

I went back to work today. No problems with coughing or spitting up "loogies(sp?)"

- you know, that darkly yellowish...stuff. I guess I'm back in the saddle once more. Thankfully, this is a short week. No plans for Thursday. My mom invited us over for lunch on Saturday. Luke and I will go sometime after his game. I get to run the clock/ keep score again. Woo hoo! The tricky part is posting the penalties - time and player's no. - but I intend to go over that with another parent beforehand. Hopefully there are no short-tempered parents in the crowd. I don't want them chasing me with a hockey stick if I should flub the time or score! :congrats:

Another week of work is done, and thankfully a short one. Tonight, my son and grandson "camped out " in the living room with their sleeping bags. They wanted to sleep in front of the TV, but no way. Enough of the "idiot box" for one day. :assimilated: We watched "Elf" and, as I suspected, the humor sometimes became distasteful, at least for me. Some sexual undertones, for example. But admitedly there were some scenes where I did chuckle. :unsure: Time I get to sleep. The kids will be up before I know it. And my wife will want to sleep some in the a.m. before we eat. I got to remember to put the turkey in. Better set my alarm, as I can always catch a nap later. :sleepy: :sleepy:

Luke's hockey team played Cottage Grove again, this time at home. Same result: 9-0. We lost, of course, although by the 3rd period we were only down by 5 goals. I think the team just gave up. I was doing the clock/scoreboard again, but had two people helping me. One was a rookie like me, so we learned togther. :laugh: It went ok. Now, we're off to visit my mom and other family for a lunch in Rochester. We have snow today - woo hoo! :laugh: - so the roads will be slick. Whatever. Its what makes living in Minnesota so much fun. j/k! Luke has already been out with the sleds. Of course, he wants a better one, like that we saw at Target yesterday. Just like a kid. :waaaa: Later dudes and dudettes!

Another trip to the ER for a hockey-related injury, this time Luke took a hockey puck on the wrist, fired by a teammate. Not broken, but he will wear a brace until the weekend. More games this weekend, both out of town. I didn't make it to my mom's place. I felt down this past weekend, and very tired. The weather is getting colder. I hope to install a programmable thermostat to help keep the utility bill down this year. Only two or three degrees cooler at night doesn't seem too bad, but it can save lots of $$$. Oh well, the leaves that I didn't rake up are now covered with snow. B) One less thing to worry about. B)

I hope to go to bed earlier tonight. I've had this weird desire to post - B) - tho I don't think of it as an addiction, more like a strong craving, like for a chocolate bar ~~ Almond Joy, with coconut and almonds, yum yum! ~~but not as strong as a desire to "do the Dew". B) The boss will be gone tomorrow ~~pumps fists in the air~~ Woo Hoo! Unfortunately, Fridays tend to be especially busy, with truck deliveries all coming in the a.m., as we punch out at noon. I try to schedule appointments on Friday afternoons. Nothing for tomorrow, but I have a few items on my "to do" list. Luke will, hopefully, practice with the team, as they play Saturday at Lakeville - a very, very good team. Our guys and gals need to hang tough, tho, and not quit, even if its another lopsided score B) B)

Reviewing my previous, I see a pattern developing - late-night posting. An addiction? Naw, .... or maybe? :naughty: I am pleased to have finally posted some answers to the latest ST Trivia ???. And, I am even more pleased that I got some of them correct! Woo Hoo!! :drool: Two more points, and I can graduate from "cadet" to "ensign". :flex: Way cool, dude! :nono:

Another weekend of on-the-road-with-the-Peewee-hockey-team caravan. :nono: Our first stop was in Lakeville. An embarrassing game for us. They had 40-some shots -on-goal. Us? Only two. Ouch! However, my son got the first one , unassisted, and the next one he had the assist. Way to go, buddy! w00t,w00t!!

The score was 13-0. :) On to the next game, which was in Austin. After an hour-and-a-half delay (why? last minute reschedule - :laugh: ). We played much better. We had more shots-on-goal, and our defense spread themselves apart, not clustered together like bees [our jersey colors: black, orange, and white] :lol: . We won this time, 2-1. Now to carry this little bit of momentum into the next game at home. :laugh:

That is so cool. I wish that i could play a sport like hockey

288870[/snapback]

Never to late to start, Lursa! They have adult leagues. :P Maybe ya wanna "check" ~~ hehe, play on words! ~~ it out sometime? :P

Woo Hoo, its band concert night! Luke plays the tuba, and I'll be there to hear his group. Wearing a tie tonight ~~ I tied it :) ~~ and he splashed on some lotion. After I dropped him off, I began to realize just how grown up he has become. He's nearly the same height as his ma ~~ she's 5'0 or so ~~ and looking more and more like a young man. :) Where does the time go? Speaking of...I've got to run. Almost time for the show to begin! "Is everybody in? Is everybody in? << from a Doors song. :)

The band concert was wonderful. It began with several trombones doing a couple of Christmas carols, accompanied by a tuba and drummer. During the concert, there was a tuba solo ~~ two tubas, actually :) ~~ and Luke did great. The conductor made mention that he felt the tuba section is very talented. Pardon me if I'm bragging :) . :)

Another hockey game, with the same discouraging outcome. We lost to Lakeville at home 8-0. Not as bad as before. Sunday - today - we travel to Eagan. Once again, another metro-area team. And another predictable outcome. Hopefully we can get a goal or two and keep the other team in the single digits.

Right now, I feel bummed out. :biggrin: Maybe its because of the situation between Jeanway and the mod(?), whose identity I don't care to know, as its not my place or business. I just hope that they can resolve the issue and "bury the hatchet" so to speak. It seems out of place in the Christmas season. "Christmas is the time for love" so goes a kid's song that I heard on a local Christian radio station, and its been running through my mind. That, and a song by Norah Jones, " One Flight Down". Guess I'd better try to sleep. Last night was a restless one.

The game with Eagan went as expected - a loss. I was so angry and upset that I did not watch the third period ~~ we were down 12-0 at the beginning of that period :clap: ~~ I really wondered then, and still do now, what the benefit is to the team, the players themselves, and to the parents ~~ like me ~~ to play against teams such as this, ones vastly superior to ours. How can it do anything but tear you down, believing - falsely - that you're losers? There has been talk since then about "redistricting" (?) our team and others like it outside the metro area into a separate district, or districts. Rather too late for this year, unfortunately. :dude:

There is a thread entitled "what should you be doing now" or something like that.

For me, I was to be on the road to my in-laws in northern Minnesota, near the town of Crookston. The weather there and here is frigid, arctic-like! Brrrrr!! Wind chill temps in the -20 to -30s !!! But that is not the reason that I'm here typing away at a post. I just can't seem to get motivated. I don't know if its the holiday blues, or what. I would rather just spend the four days off by myself, rather than with family. Its just where I'm at right now. My son, Luke, is waiting for me to get off my "bum" and get going. He has a new, used, snowboard - a Burton Custom 44 - that I bought, with boots and binders, from a guy at work for $100.

My in-laws have lots of snow, and a decent hill to board on.

I guess that I've procrastinated long enough. Maybe this time to type was enough to get me out of the doldrums... at least long enough to get going! :laugh:

What began as a quiet night at home changed somewhat when I fell on the front steps. Ouch! The melting snow from the gutter above the steps had frozen. When my heel landed, I ended up on my back, twisting the pinky on my left hand. I now wonder how I will feel in the morning. I've burned up a lot of vacation time already from missed work due to previous illnesses or injuries. And I have a trip to Georgia coming up the beginning of February. I may just take time off without pay. Meanwhile, I'd best lie down and use the heating pad. And take another Celebrex. < Yea, I know the drug is now in doubt. Whatever. :assimilated:

It's New Years Day, or whats left of it. I helped my wife take down the Christmas tree, put away the lights and ornaments for another year. I had big plans to decorate the house with rope lights ~~ bought on-sale after last years Xmas ~~and a couple of flood lights. All for naught. The nice weather we had before Christmas found me on the road for hockey games, or raking up leaves ~~ I never did get them all raked up! :) ~~ or there was bad weather. After work was usually too dark. I guess that I need to develop a plan, as in doing this task very early, even before Thanksgiving, if necessary. Time will tell. :) I can be such a procratinator! :laugh:

My wife and I each bought a cell phone for Christmas. It has so many features that I don't think I'll ever use, but I wanted a flip-phone style - ala Capt. Kirk. < It doesn't make as cool a sound, tho. :laugh: Our new home is several minutes from town, so we hope this will avoid needless extra trips :: honey, would you please pick up Luke from school. He missed the bus [ this happens too often!], and would you please pick up a gallon of milk, too? :: There is also the fact that my father-in-law is stricken with cancer, and my wife wants to stay in touch in case there is any change. That's enough for tonight. Ciao. Hasta la vista. Adieu. <<< and I am really, REALLY, tired!

I need to make this short. I can elaborate more tomorrow. The big home hockey tournament is through for the day. Luke's club did very well in their first game. the second game was, well, disappointing, as they did not play their "A game". Hopefully, the next, and last game will be a win. No trophies for them this year, but many memories. Got to go as its an early a.m. game, and I'm still up. :yahoo:

More PeeWee hockey news: our team lost their final game of the home tournament. :blink: This past weekend, we went to Faribault for another tournament. Our team played well in all three games, though we lost the first two. Yes, that means we did win the last one - 3-0! Woo hoo! :laugh: The team is improving with each game, and so perhaps by the time that the district playoffs arrive, we may win a couple of games, and hold our own if we don't. No blowouts, in other words. There is another tournament next month in Rice Lake, Wis. Before that, I have another week of inventory at work :: smilie for "bleah!" - ala Snoopy :: so, whatever. The weather is warming up! Woo Hoo! January thaw? :o

Looks as if the "bug" is makings its rounds in the Jaz household. Luke is ill, with a 102 deg temp. My wife is feeling ill, as well. She may not work tonight. Now I have to careful to wash my hands and such. I don't mind missing some work, but to be home sick is worse than a day at work, even a bad day of work. Today, the day after inventory, went reasonably well. There is another inventory slated for next week - :laugh: - to cover a different department. Until then, enjoy. :blink:

Woke up to a several inches of snow. Yowser! And I still haven't got the snowblower out of the shed. D'oh! :: slaps forehead with hand :: Later today, Luke and I leave for Hudson, WI for another hockey game. There have been no messages if this one is canceled due to the heavy snow. So, I best shake a leg and get outside. Looks as if the wintery weather will be around for a few more hours today. I'm surprised that Luke isn't out snowboarding. I had bought him a used one a month ago, a Burton Custom 44. It came with boots and bindings, but replaced the boots with smaller ones. Still cost over $200. I could have bought two ST DVD sets, but I guess parents have to put their wants aside at times. Its hard to put a price on a child's joy at getting something that he/she has been longing to get. :spock:

I noticed that today is your birthday, Jaz. Hope you have a good one!!

:spock:

I noticed that today is your birthday, Jaz.  Hope you have a good one!!

:lol:

297749[/snapback]

Happy birthday Jaz..Hope you had a great one..  :o

297786[/snapback]

:spock:

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY

:laugh: TO YOU! :lol:

Have a great day!!!

:jaw:

297813[/snapback]

Thanks Indy, ST, and AE! It wasn't as great a day as I'd hoped for, but thats how it goes. Had to dig out of 7+ inches of snow, then scramble to a hockey game in Hudson, WI . We were late because I exited on the north side of the interstate highway, and was supposed to go south. Oh well, I guess my sense of direction is getting as bad as my memory. LOL! I didn't have the usual German Chocolate Cake this year, so it was a store-bought Key Lime Pie this time. Still very good. Thanks again for the congrats! :P

B) Inventory - again :: groans loudly :: tomorrow. This is the second of three that our warehouse will conduct. The third and last one will be near the end of February. Our first one went pretty smoothly. Hopefully this one will too, and not require working on Saturday.

I've got my flight tickets, motel room, and rental car all booked and confirmed for the trip to Atlanta, Feb. 9th to the 12th. My wife, son, and I are going to Ft. Benning to see Seth's graduation from Army boot Camp. He goes to Ranger school afterwards, at the same place. Then he will wait for orders. He expects to go to Iraq - B) - but doesn't know when. <<< The sad face is only because I hope that our troops can begin withdrawing from there soon. This area of the world seems to be in constant turmoil. As much good that we've done there, we can't expect to quell all the unrest, as long as there are Islamic militants who view the West's presence as "occupiers", rather than as "liberators". I don't expect there will ever be peace there until the return of Jesus Christ. B)

I've been absent a lot from this site. Too many weekends of hockey. Then I've been ill the last three days, so missed Luke's games. Luke went snowboarding on Sunday with a group from church. He had a great time, up until he twisted his ankle. Now he has to take care so as to allow it to heal. Otherwise, he may miss the tournament this weekend. Who was the "brainiac" that thought that all these games were good for the kids, I mean 40+ in a season? When they lose game after game, how in the h*ll does that motivate a kid to try better? All I hear from Luke's mouth is that the team sucks. I guess I'm just venting frustration. I'm frustrated with my job, as well. I think it's partly why I've been getting sick lately, too many hours at work plus the games on the road. I missed two days of work two weeks ago. I'm sick and tired of this, no pun intented. Gotta go. Thanks for "listening". Jaz :lol:

I missed another day of work. As I no longer have any extra vacation days, this day as well as yesterday will go as unpaid leave. I don't exactly know "what ails" me, as it could be either viral or a "bug". I'm supposed to turn in a stool sample. What a joke! I've had so much diareaha (sp?) that there isn't anything to sample. Duh! Oh well, maybe before work I may have a little something. :lol: I'm certainly not going to tote this medical sample kit to work. Yeah, right! I can just see it now: there I go off to the the restroom with this large white sack ( you won't believe the stuff that is in there, including a purple nitrile glove) and one of the guys will shout to me "Hey, Debo ( my nickname at work ) what's in the bag? Your lunch?" "Naw, its a bunch of girlie mags" replies someone else. What a crew. B)

BTW, they use this same gloves at work in the finishing department. The gloves are sometimes refered to as "anal explorers". :lol:

Went back to work today - woo hoo! << j/k - and the day went ok. The weather was great, in the upper 40's and felt like spring. <_< Think that I'll go watch CSI. There are two back-to-back tonight. :nono:

Luke's last tournament of the season is over. The team finished the weekend with a loss to Bloomington Kennedy - alas, another Twin Cities Metro team << they always seem to beat us. On Saturday, the team won one and lost another. Our goalie received an award for the shutout win. The team itself had an amazing number of shots-on-goal, 39! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. Today's game, the team looked pretty tired. Although there was a 10:00pm curfew, I think alot of them just ducked into one of the rooms, playing games or watching movies. Luke wanted to stay up, and I did allow it for a while until I saw what kind of game they were playing - a poker game, for pennies. I don't want my son involved in gambling games at this age - 12. Although "only for pennies", it seems that it is only an excuse to try other gambling, or at least is "opening the door" to such games. Luke is a pretty level-headed kid, and I do trust him. I just know first hand with myself, and with the older kids, that peer pressure can be enormous when it comes to temptations. I'd like for Luke to have more time to get ready, to mature mentally. Although I am no model Christian, I did memorize Bible verses when I was Luke's age, and I still remember them. He is doing some memorization, too. :clap:

Personally, Christianity is not about modeling. If all religons were protrayed that way, then there would be none. Religon is all about having a better understanding in your faith. Without faith, you are nothing but flesh and bone.