Deep Space Nine

Did you like the way DS9 ended?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the way DS9 ended?

• Yes, it was a perfect way to close out the series
    • No, the entire crew should have stayed together on the station
    • I don't know which would have been better
    • I have not seen the final episode yet

What do you think about the way DS9 ended? I guess it was a good way to close it out but I'm not sure if I like the way it ended or not. I've been sick to my stomach since I saw 'What you leave behind' last night. I have gotten so attached to these characters. I guess I'll vote 'I don't know which would have been better'..

What do you all think?

I know the crew were like one, big, happy family and it is sad when family members part ways. But it is also reflective of real life. In job situations and in family situations, sometimes people leave for various reasons. I could understand why each and every character made the decision that he/she did.

I also feel that they left the story open enough to think that someday we might get to see a continuation. Either in the form of a mini-series or TV movie, I would love to see them bring the whole crew back for whatever dire reason and include the return of Sisko.

OK, my emotions have calmed down a little bit..And for the most part I think it was a good way to end the series. I just wish they could have all stayed together. Oh well, that's life I guess..There is a slim chance we'll see them together again..

I still don't know which ending would have been better.

Edited by spacetigger

Well I liked how Sisko ended up with the prophets. It seemed fitting for his ever increasing role as the emmisary. My only real complaint with the episode is that Garak was the one who killed Weyoun. What was that about? They never even really knew each other. I would have liked to see Kira finish him off.

I very much like the way the series ended. It showed how much Sisko had impacted the lives of those left on the station. For example, when Kira is tossing the baseball it is hard to recall the bitter, suspicious Bajoran freedom fighter who very cynically "welcomed " Sisko. And Nog recording inventory, rather than stealing inventory.

It was open ended enough that future stories are possible, and I am still hoping for a movie starring the DS9 group.