Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Justman Would Like To Speak With Abrams About Trek

Legendary original series producer, one of the architects of 'The Next Generation', does not believe Star Trek will ever disappear.

Bob Justman Supports Abrams

Source SciFi Pulse

By Ian M. Cullen

One of the most respected names in the world of Star Trek other than that of the late ‘Great Bird’ himself Gene Roddenberry is Robert H. Justman. Justman during an impressive career played a crucial role in helping get Star Trek: The Original series and Star Trek: The Next Generation off of the ground.

However due to stress related illness the producer retired back in 1987 after having helped launch the Next Generation. Since that time he has continued to support Star Trek and in a new interview for Star Trek Magazine he gave Star Trek Movie producer J.J. Abrams a message of encouragement.

Though the new movie is likely to be a reboot with a younger Captain Kirk. Justman remains open minded.

“I don’t know much about the new film, so I don’t see why I should write it off in advance,” Justman explains. “ I remember how some people tried to write – off Star Trek: The Next Generation before they saw the show. So all I’ll say at this point is that if J.J. Abrams can make a good movie that sheds more light on what has already happened and adds more creativity to the mix, that sounds great to me.”

“I’m looking foreword to hearing what he has planned for Star Trek and I’d be pleased if Mr Abrams contacted me and asked me some questions. I’d be happy to talk to him about Star Trek.”

Although there is presently no new Star Trek on Television or any new series in production right now. Justman is among the many who feel that the series and its themes will never really die.

“I think Star Trek’s appeal is largely down to the fact that it’s essentially a morality play,” he notes. “It’s about issues and people that we can recognize and it has a message: that life should be lived morally. Young people feel when you’re young – it’s only when you’re older that you realize you sometimes have to compromise you ideals a bit.

“I think Star Trek is probably going to be around – in some form or other – forever,” he declares. “It’s really become part of our culture now.”

You can read much more of what Bob Justman shared with David Bassom for Star Trek Magazine in the new issue which is out now.

http://scifipulse.net/Trek_ArchiveII/Decem...ob_Justman.html