Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Trying to get as many people as possible on board

Are You Interested?(READ BELOW FIRST)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Interested?(READ BELOW FIRST)

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone! i'm trying to get everyone i can to come on the board at the same time. I posted this to see if anyone was really interested, and if anyone is, then i will post the real thread, and [after a week], everyone will be online, and post some random saying/quote/other on the thread. Hopefully, we can get 1000 + people on here. PLEASE RESPOND HERE IF ARE INTERESTED!

It would be interesting, Lord of the Borg, but there are a few cases here where more than one member lives within the same house, and that presents a computer availability problem. However, even if we could get a number as small as 25%, that would be impressive. the other problem is the amount of bandwidth available on the site. 1,000+ members all trying to get on at the same time, say 4 July 2005 at 1200 Greenwich Mean Time, could cause the server to collapse.

It would be interesting, Lord of the Borg, but there are a few cases here where more than one member lives within the same house, and that presents a computer availability problem. However, even if we could get a number as small as 25%, that would be impressive. the other problem is the amount of bandwidth available on the site. 1,000+ members all trying to get on at the same time, say 4 July 2005 at 1200 Greenwich Mean Time, could cause the server to collapse.

324873[/snapback]

Good point, Gary. I think the highest number so far was 533, but I think a ton were guests at the time. But, it would be kind of interesting if it could be done without exceeding bandwidth and crashing the server.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Well, it's interesting, but it's hard for all to be on the net the same as others. Me f.ex. , often then I'm on the net, it's night in America ( but daytime here ), which means you propably is in your beds! I hope you get my point.

What I' trying to say that this site is global.

:blink:

so all the members on at once? i don't understand but i am interested....

*gotta go...dinner*

Riiight... never even thought about bandwith.. although, it would be kinda crazy if we crashed the server... but, all i really wanted to do is try and get as many people on the board at once, for nothing really, just to try and get as many people on the board. But.... it doenst seem like a lot of people are interested... so, i'll give this until next tuesday, or monday, when i get back from my youth conference, and if noone more has become interested in it, then we'll forget it. But, people aren't going to come looking for it, so we have to keep it on the NEW POSTS section at all times... or, at least most times. I won't be here, so someone else with have to post here, updating or what not. Anyway, ttyl.

I'd be interested, though I would like to have more ppl on chat personally. As far as the time differences, perhaps there could be several times, one for Europe, another for US etc. so many ppl could be on over a twenty four hour period. Just an idea (which I'm sure someone will hate - :thumbs: )

the idea is to have it a Saturday, and pull an all nighter. That way, all the people that can be on at night are on with everyone else, and the people during the daytime are on with the people during the night. BTW, if it was just chat, it would be such a bad load time, its not funny. It's better just to have everyone post something random on the thread... btw, if anyone has any ideas for this thing, please post them on here, i'd like to hear them.

I'd be Intrested in this but would have to now the date we decide to do it and ill try get the day off work. Otherwise I wont be able to (Strange work hours)

I'd be Intrested in this but would have to now the date we decide to do it and ill try get the day off work. Otherwise I wont be able to (Strange work hours)

325015[/snapback]

You would REALLY take the day off of work for THIS?...............facinating...........

I'd be interested, though I would like to have more ppl on chat personally.  As far as the time differences, perhaps there could be several times, one for Europe, another for US etc.  so many ppl could be on over a twenty four hour period.  Just an idea (which I'm sure someone will hate -  :thumbs: )

325009[/snapback]

I think the chatroom would not be able to handle over a certain amount of people. For some reason I think the number is 25. I could be wrong.

325015[/snapback]

You would REALLY take the day off of work for THIS?...............facinating...........

325025[/snapback]

Sounds daft but yeah, WHen most people from teh USA are online I would be working, And seeings I have 2 days of during the week I might as well have it when we are doing this.

i sense doubt, young kor! Are you thinking that is not worthy to take the day offf work for?

325116[/snapback]

Uhhhh....no offense....but..........NO....lol

btw.....thanks for the "young" remark.Made my day!

I would be intrested but as i live in the us and work midnights and as people have stated with a world wide membership (world wide membership thats just

mind boggleing to me. ) And its very hard for me to miss work as i work in the health care field. unless i am sick really sick i do not call in.

what if it was your loved one i was suppose to take care of.

I'd be interested, though I would like to have more ppl on chat personally.  As far as the time differences, perhaps there could be several times, one for Europe, another for US etc.  so many ppl could be on over a twenty four hour period.  Just an idea (which I'm sure someone will hate -  :thumbs: )

325009[/snapback]

I think the chatroom would not be able to handle over a certain amount of people. For some reason I think the number is 25. I could be wrong.

325120[/snapback]

I think you are correct, Data. Unless the chat room has been updated recently, I think the limit IS twenty-five.

Alright, doesn't seem like a lot of people are interested in this, or some just can't participate because of business/personal reasons, but i will leave this post here, and if people start to get interested, then i will start the actual thread and decide on a day... but until then, the idea is just that

Ok, the time and day will be..(if my plans don't change)

This Sunday[the 30th], at Noon my time, which is Mountain Time, or [the time now] is 5:33 PM WHEN THIS WAS POSTED. So, please figure that out for your own timezone.. if you need help figuring it out, please let me know. Also, i can only stay on the internet for an hour, so i will have to leave after that, so i want to get everyone online within an hour. Also, my plans might change, so i will try and keep u updated and if i do change, i will let you know when the new time will be. BTW, i picked sunday because its universal that thats a non-work day. If its not for you, please PM me.

OK, PLANS CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!! The "TTGAMPOTBAP", or "Trying To Get As Many People On The Board As Possible" will be held next wednesday, not tommorrow, but in 8 days. This will be the Second[please correct me if i'm wrong], and it won't be at noon, but at 7:00, or possibly earlier. I will be on at exactly 7:00, or a little after/before, so please come on whenever you want. I will be opening the thread now, but please don't post in it till next wednesday. Oh, if this is bad for anyone, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE HAND SO I CAN MAKE SOME MORE CHANGES FOR PEOPLE. Also, if the hour is bad for anyone, please let me know, but i have to let it be known i don't get home till 4:00 my time,and usually i don't go on internet for a half hour. Oh yah, its 7:00 my time. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS BAD FOR YOU, IMMEDIATLY!

Hey, you asked what the reason is, so i answered. Oh, and the reason that i started the TTGAMPOTBAP is incase i'm not here on wednesday.

Edited by LordOfTheBorg