Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

A Star Wars TV Series!

Do you plan on watching the Star Wars TV Series  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on watching the Star Wars TV Series

• Yes
    • No

George Lucas said at a Star Wars Convention (hey Trekies are the only ones allowed Convention) that a plan is under way to create a Star Wars TV Show, not a Cartoon. Would you watch the show if it is made

I would say no, I do Enjoy Star Wars movie, but a weekly show based on it does not seem too intresting to me

no details were given on the News about that, I caught the tail end of the report, if anybody has more episodes lt us know

The most interesting thing is that George is wanting to hand over the reigns of Star Wars to someone who will respect the films and is actually a fan of the saga.

Funny thing is he didnt repect his original 3 films in his last 2

It is a shame he lost the timelessness of the Original Trilogy on the new but at least Trek isn't the only one suffering that fate, kinda takes the sting out of losing ENT if you know what I mean.

The fact (as stated at the link) that the new series isn't going to be a kiddie show bodes well imo, this could be just that thing the reignites interest in scifi other than Trek for me.

Edited by Alterego

Here are the conditions I posted on SWF on what I want the show to be like (revised):

• It isn't animated
  • Each episode will be an hour long
  • It is a drama, like Smallville
  • It won't ever be shown on UPN or WB
  • It will be a mature show, not meant for kids
  • It will be shown at night
  • There will never be any products made from this show except for video and DVD and collectable models
  • This show will never be mentioned in any fast food restaurant commercials

And yes, I would be glad to watch this show.

And provided by The King, the details

The show will take place between ROTS and ANH. And Aayla Secura is confirmed to be in it.

Edited by sea trooper

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Logical.

It'll probably be a hit if he keeps all his promises and stays focused on Quality.

There are endless possibilities if they set it between 3 and 4 seeing thats a 20 year time span. They could focus on some bounty hunters or pirtates or smugglers or the Empire or who knows there is so much.

I voted yes! It will be cool.I cant wait till it will be on air in malaysian

Television World.

If I knew what station and time it's on i might have a look at it if it is going to be a Live Action t.v series the sex part wouldn't bother me either just not to much language tone it down a bit.

:yahoo: :blink: :clap::look:

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Logical.

It'll probably be a hit if he keeps all his promises and stays focused on Quality.

321209[/snapback]

I am bumping this due to its importance regarding Wars continuity. I now see the necessity of this series to clear up a few things especially on events occurring between E 3-4.

I suspect it will highlight a few more encounters between OB1 and Anakin as Vader as well as give more back-story to Leia growing up and perhaps Luke as well. Introduce Hans and explain how he and Chewy meet up. Also some highlights dealing with the switching over from Republic to Empire control should be expected and more but I think you're getting my drift.

It'll be interesting to see and I'll definately watch the show. Then again I'm still on a Star Wars high from seeing 'Revenge of the Sith' a few days ago.

Er...yeah i would watch to see if its any good but to tell the truth i would like to see him make 7 8 9 instead of a tv series,i think the quality of the SE would drop if he made a tv show which would make it to cheesy IMO :thumbs:

The quality didn't drop when they made a Trek series (TNG) after several movies.............

The only problem I see with it is that Lucas will not be involved. Hes searching for someone to take control of it.

<Darth Vader breathing> <James Earl Jones Voice> Do not fail me, Kevin Smith. </Darth Vader breathing> </James Earl Jones Voice>

Forgive me for asking a stupid question but....Who is Kevin Smith?

326166[/snapback]

Ever heard of Jay and Silent Bob? He plays Bob. Go here for more skinny on him.

I've never heard of this guy or that TV show.

326177[/snapback]

Well I can't do everything for you, if you're really interested in finding out more about him; research the link or something.

I've never heard of this guy or that TV show.

326177[/snapback]

Well I can't do everything for you, if you're really interested in finding out more about him; research the link or something.

326188[/snapback]

Oh c'mon......indulge me.......lol