Sign in to follow this  
ChiFire

Anime Block

So, i love anime, just like i love star trek, so i decided that i might've wanted to start an anime-post thingy.

sooo.... what's your fav. anime? i can also write a column thingy about it, describe my fav. anime.

if you wanna see a preview, go ta ChiFire's log.

LUV, CHI

post-1803-1109097567.jpg

soo..... first description.

Fushigi Yuugi-

the story about a girl in the real world who finds a book entitled; "the universe of the four gods". she opens the book and gets sucked into it. there she sees that she is in ancient china, and meets a ton of fascinating people.

well... that was short, and i can give a more detailed description later per request.

LUV, CHI

:jem'hadar: :batman:

post-1803-1109098004.jpg

so, ima ditz. i keep putting my topics in the wrong forum! it stinks beig new here.........

i feel like an outcast.

sooo..... any anime!

CHI

:jem'hadar:

pokemon.jpg

:jem'hadar: Animé is cool though. I like some but alot just give me a bit of a headache :wink2:

The anime I like the best is robotech. Its old I know but I grew up watching the show and would have loved seeing all the sentienls. The first few episodes they did make were really good.

Except for Pokemon.. I really have not watched much in the way of anime.. however I like drawing in that style, love a bunch of the artwork and a ton of the music from many series. I did a search and started listening to it and fell in love with a bunch of the music. I prefer the music usually to be in the original Rumaji though versus the English version, especially to sing along to ( I have read the translations, but cannot readily translate it myself at this point.. but adore singing in that language) It also led me to an affinity for J-Pop as a genre.

Some of the images I like come from Sailor Moon(manga form usually is better), Aa Megasami(Oh, My Goddess), Inu Yasha, and various other series. Music wise... I am really stuck on the music from Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Inu Yasha(the first song in Rumaji I ever learned was from this series, "Every Heart"), Gundam Wing ( :P :worthy: White Reflection & Endless Waltz), Outlaw Star.

Oh and would Final Fantasy count??? If so, then I have to add that as I am a big fan of Crystal Chronicles, X-2 and Tactics Advance! And I love the music and artwork!

As for Pokemon, I paid more attention to the game (yeah I have FireRed as of right now and had Colusseum until I traded my GameCube in for a PS2) and to the films. I have had Blue, Yellow, Gold, Pinball(Ruby/Sapphire), Sapphire and Crystal in the past. I have a pokemon for a nickname actually.. LOL. And she also is one of my favorites.

rondoudou.jpg

She is also an awesome character when playing Super Smash Bros Melee! I usually pick her when I do not pick: Pikachu(another favorite pokemon of mine), Link, Zelda/Shiek, Peach, or Kirby.

This is another favorite of mine.. (yeah I got a long list, but there ARE 386 pokemon)

gardevoir7.jpg

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I love that hugglepuff* or whatever character it is also! I also just started to draw anime, it's fun

*edit jigglypuff

Edited by Spockstellaiter

I love that hugglepuff* or whatever character it is also! I also just started to draw anime, it's fun

*edit jigglypuff

305772[/snapback]

part of the reason I got the nickname was because one year I was searching for a song to do a floor routine to in my gymnastics studio's show(which I was also putting together and hosting)... and my brother gave me all these songs, and I did not really wish to use any of it. So, as a "joke" he goes "Fine, then this will be your music!" and sends me the file of "Jigglypuff Remix" which was this midi file.

To which I exclaimed "I LOVE IT!!!! Send it to dad, because I need him to arrange it for me and change the instrumentation for me a bit!!!"

My brother -----> :P

The kids at the gym all immediately knew what the music was and it was a hit with the kids in the audience. I really did love the song, and I remembered the Pokemon and thought that she kinda matched me a little bit. Later on, my family often called me that too (along with my students).

For a while I had a shirt I had made... It simply said "Jigglypuff" and had a picture I had drawn of her, but she is holding a microphone in one hand and a clarinet in the other (I am a clarinet player). I also had drawn dance slippers on her feet(since I am a dancer too). I am going to update the image a little bit and probably make a new shirt eventually.

I've got the Silver and Gold versions. In Gold I'm almost finished. I've got all the pokemon needed to be caught and evolved in 1-player (except for Entei! He's so hard to go after!!!) and I ordered a link cable so now I can trade for all the ones I need. I need 52 more....

She is also an awesome character when playing Super Smash Bros Melee!

Technically, Jigglypuff is a boy :P

]

I've got the Silver and Gold versions. In Gold I'm almost finished. I've got all the pokemon needed to be caught and evolved in 1-player (except for Entei! He's so hard to go after!!!) and I ordered a link cable so now I can trade for all the ones I need. I need 52 more....

Yeah Entei is pretty tough when it comes to actually catching him. Actually running into them in the game... Raikou was the toughest the others would show up more often. But he was pretty easy to actually catch.

Technically, Jigglypuff is a boy :P

PTTTTHHHH! In the pokemon games you can catch either a male OR female. And mine is a girl B) So "she" B)

]

Yeah Entei is pretty tough when it comes to actually catching him. Actually running into them in the game... Raikou was the toughest the others would show up more often. But he was pretty easy to actually catch.

The others I just happened to walk into. I never hunted them at all. Suikun was pretty easy.

Technically, Jigglypuff is a boy B)

PTTTTHHHH! In the pokemon games you can catch either a male OR female. And mine is a girl  B)  So "she"  B)

305793[/snapback]

Yeah, in the games... :P

PTTTTHHHH! In the pokemon games you can catch either a male OR female. And mine is a girl  B)  So "she"  :P

Yeah, in the games... B)

Yep.. so it is good enough for me B)

< look at my name, I think I belong in this topic
B) Yeah I guess so, Mr. Psychic.

hey pepps! i luv all anime (except for yucky ones like, "happy mania" and others in that genre). i luv Inuyasha, Fushigi Yuugi (actually all manga and anime by Yu Watase) and Kodomo no Omocha (if you know what that is....)! oh, and i luv the way they maded the teen titans show in anime style.

THANX

LUV, CHI

:P

robin.bmp

oh, and Mr.Psychic? um.... is this topic interesting? and what does Mr.Psychic (the name) come from?

LUV, CHI

:P

I kind of wish they had more than one Graphic novel for Pokemon. I had gotten one a while back I think it was called Desperado Pikachu or something like that, it was where Ash first got Pikachu and also had an appearance by Mew. But I kept looking out for more volumes and I never saw any come out. Matter of fact that graphic novel is not available at my local Barnes and Noble anymore. I know there are a ton of other manga titles available... seems like that section of the store is growing every time I am there.

I actually got something Anime/manga related for Christmas this year. My brother knows I like drawing in that style, so he actually bought me a drawing book to help me with the style. The title of the book is " Manga Mania Shoujo: how to draw the romantic and charming characters of Japanese comics"

hey peeps! yillara soong, i agree w/ u. the manga section in the store IS reproducing. it grows bigger every day, and i luv it. oh, and i used to have like, 5 billion pokemon comix, but when i moved they were all thrown out.

i can also draw really cool anime/manga. i'm starting a comic book called "octonary", because it's about eight kids that go to boarding school. i'll try to include a computer-drawn anime pic. that i did, but it won't be as good as my hand drawn ones...

LUV, CHI

:biggrin:

wait, actually, i was able to scan in some pics.

post-1803-1109513884_thumb.jpg

post-1803-1109513971.jpg

hiya peeps! i just wanted to tell all of ya that if you want to have like,a discussion about this topic, you can (AIM) me at the sn of borgqueen2010. thanx guys (and girls!)

LUV, CHI

:)

hey peeps! yillara soong, i agree w/ u. the manga section in the store IS reproducing. it grows bigger every day, and i luv it.

Though I have not yet bought any of the books, outside the one Pokemon novel and the book I got for Christmas... I have to agree that it is nice to see the section growing and making it so it is easier for more people to get hooked on anime/manga :blush:

actually i think there was one, just that it was never released. i wish that it was....

CHI

:blush:

I think it would have been very cool to see the Battle of Sector 001 from First Contact shown in Manga form.

I think it would have been very cool to see the Battle of Sector 001 from First Contact shown in Manga form.

307779[/snapback]

Yeah.. I also know that someone out on the net did a fan art of some of the Trek characters. For a while I had a Chibi version of Data as my avatar. And they had a few other TNG crewmembers as well :blush:

see...

chibidata.jpg

and here is the link for the rest of them..at least the TNG ones I could find.

Chibi TNG

Searching under Star Trek AND anime.. you get some really good art, some really cute/silly stuff and some strange stuff..

Here is a Voyager site I stumbled upon..

Voyager Anime

An Enterprise anime pic..

Aniprise

And another site..

Star Trek Doujinshi

Not too much in the way of manga though beyond the Chibis that I saw..

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I'm a big fan of movies like Vampire Hunter D and Akira. I also watch Inu Yasha whenever I get the chance. And I miss FLCL! It's not on Adult Swim anymore! That show was weird/hilarious/ :( / B) all rolled into one. I loved it!