Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

URGENT message from Tim B/Save Enterprise

Here's the straight scoop, folks. It's from Saveenterprise.com. They aren't an anonymous internet "source" like the crap from sci-fi wire and such that has been floating around the past couple of days saying that Bakula wanted to quit when it's totally bogus. Bakula's publicist went on-line to refute it. They're (save enterprise.com) the ones who've been organizing. They are the ones who have been proven to be in the know. E-mail isn't going to cut it. ENT dodged a perilous bullet with "Daedelus" staying an eyelash above 3 million viewers after the multi-week break (a feat ENT has never accomplished). However, Moonves is interested in two things: Fan interest and potential money to be made. Here is Tim's note.

------------------------------------------

I am not going to go into a long explanation on this.. Two things that need to be done NOW!

The first is send letters daily from you and everyone around you for the next two months. Yes I know we are talking alot of letters here but we have received some info today and our focus needs to be directed to Mr. Moonves. The renewal of Enterprise is TOTALLY up to him and him alone! Also, we need to send to the L.A. Office and NOT the New York Office.. We need to bury him in Letters!

Mr. Leslie Moonves

Co-President, Co-Chief Operating Officer

CBS Television

CBS Television City

7800 W Beverly Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90036

We have to get the ratings up these last few episodes. In order to do this, we are going to have to let the people that have the Nielsen Boxes and Diaries to watch Enterprise on Friday nights. It is that simple. Brandon, is working on some banners as we speak and we will have them by tomorrow.

If you are a member of another group or forum PLEASE spread the word on these two updates. These are probably the most important things to do within the next couple of months.

If you have or know of anyone with the box or diary feel free to contact me..

This is CRUCIAL if Enterprise is to continue on!

Tim@saveenterprise.com

----------------------------------

Do you want ENT back enough to mail a few letters to Mr. Moonves? To ask someone else to do so? I do. Emphasize to him that another season means more money for DVDs. I would purchase a season five. I will mail my letter tomorrow. I hope you will as well. It's the 20th of January. We need a rush. Basically, February sweeps and these letters are going to decide the matter. Moonves doesn't care about Trek. Only the bottom line. He has to know we're here. The show's improved so much and the spring episodes sound so fantastic. Darn I'd hate it to end now and have those gloating little bashers be right. :P

EDIT: Moonves' old address with his New York office addy may be up on some sites. It is critical to send it to his Los Angeles office address, which is listed above.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Thank you. It's very necessary if we want it back. Moonves is at least considering it, but he's not high on it. Mucho mucho numbers of letters will help. No e-mail. That's no good.

EDIT: Just a little note, a postcard with a well written message can also be good (as long as its snail mail) and the full zip code will expedite delivery. Here is the full address again, also there's no need for the "W." If you've already sent it with the "W" and five digit zip, that's fine, this way will just get it there quicker.

Mr. Leslie Moonves

Co-President, Co-Chief Operating Officer

CBS Television

CBS Television City

7800 Beverly Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90036-2112

No "W", with the 2112 extension on the zip code. Everything else is the same.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Well, I'll send my letters and I'll ask some friends who arent' regular viewers to help. This show has gotten too good to lose now.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't want Enterprise to end but I would rather it be moved to first run syndication than stay on UPN.

I'd like it off UPN, too, but first run syndication isn't a sure thing by any means. Once filming gets through in March, the actors are going to to want to go to pilot season in LA to audition for new series if they think they're cancelled. They may not announce it until May, but Tim's serious when he says that Moonves will make the decision by the end of February sweeps. CBS owns Viacom, which owns UPN, and UPN would love to go to all reality and urban comedies. Moonves said as much in one of those god awful press releases that's all over the Star Trek sites today. He doesn't give a damn for Trek. He says he's "undecided" right now. There's no reason to believe the man is lying. It's the bottom line with him. He has no love for Trek.

I participated in the letter writing last year but I just don't have the interest this year - although I agree Coto has done a terrific job so far this season.

I do wonder how it would be if the Scifi channel picked it up or if it became a syndicated series. Scifi does some terrible stuff but they also do some really great work.

I'm preparing the Australian contingent.

A 30 second promo will be on-line within 2 days, it will also be air mailed to Mr. Moonevs.

I as a member in good standing over at SE would also like to say thanks to all of you for pitching in and aiding the cause. Tim is pouring his heart into this and all of us over at SE are behind him 1000%.

I am contacting the network, the sponsors, the execs you name it, a written letter/postcard carries so much more weight in the minds of these folks and their attention is what we are after.

I have friends, coworkers, neighbors and family writing each day of the week, this is what it is going to take. I cannot imagine the show being canned at this point when we all see the direction Manny is taking the show now, so lets do our part to ensure that when we click that remote, a current Trek Series is there for us and our family to enjoy!!

End Transmission.....

Edited by ufptrekker1701

550x175.jpg

NOTE: this is from my company, and will be released by me midnight Tuesday GMT (~1700 American Eastern - i think)

Edited by trekzone