Chat Room Trivia Session #30

LIVE

In the StarTrekFans.net Chat Room

30.JPG

Fireworks-01.gifFireworks-01.gifFireworks-01.gif

Fireworks-02.gifFireworks-02.gifFireworks-02.gif

Star Trek Trivia Session 30

slug_o_cola.mp3

Brought to you by Slug-o-Cola; the slimiest cola in the galaxy!

I will be hosting our thirtieth official Star Trek trivia chat room session Saturday January 22, at 4:00PM US/Eastern-Time. It will be the first chat room trivia session to kick in the New Year of 2005! Hope you come!

Also, on the 22nd of this month at 5PM EST I will be hosting a chat with Jeff Ayers.

Jeff Ayers Chat Reschedule:

Saturday, February 5th, 2005 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern-Time (2 Pacific)

post-68-1104456831.gif

Edited by master_q

Rescheduled 01/22/05 @ 5PM+ EST

Sorry folks but my dial-up connection to the Internet has been gradually getting worse due to a bad phone-line. It is going to get fixed soon (hopefully! --- lol), but not in time for tomorrow. As a result the trivia session #30 has been rescheduled to Saturday, January 22, 2005 directly following the “TREK-NEWS-TALK” chat with special guest Jeff Ayers, who is writing a companion guide to Star Trek fiction. Jeff Ayers will be joining us on “TREK-NEWS-TALK” at 5:00PM Eastern (2PM Pacific). After that chat is over I’ll take about a ten minute break and then we would jump into the trivia.

The StarTrekFans.net official chat room Star Trek trivia session #31 will be the week after. This will be an expectation to the standard rule of every other Saturday. It will almost directly follow the “TREK-NEWS-TALK” chat with special guest Alexandre O. Philippe, director of “Earthlings: Ugly Bags of Mostly Water,” which is a comical documentary that captures the life, passions, and quirks of the members of the Klingon Language Institute. Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 4:00PM Eastern (1PM Pacific) the chat with Alexandre will be held, and then our ever exciting trivia.

Session #32 will be at a normal time (I believe)....Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 4:00PM Eastern (1PM Pacific). If all works out, then we will play a special STAR-TREK-CHAIN edition of the Star Trek trivia live in the chat room.

Next Four Upcoming Trivia Sessions

(*Subject to change)

Session #30 ~ 01/22/05 @ 5PM+ EST

Session #31 ~ 01/29/05 @ 4PM+ EST

Session #32 ~ 02/12/05 @ 4PM EST (STAR-TREK-CHAIN)

[back to every other Saturday, afternoon at 4 Eastern]

Session #33 ~ 02/26/05 @ 4PM EST

However, in the mean time and in between time, as you can see Slug-o-Cola is the sponsor for session #30. If you can think up a special sponsor for session #31 and have it accompany a graphic/banner/audio-clip/etc., then please post it and upload it here in this very topic. Starting January 26, we will all vote on which is best. The person who is voted to have created the best sponsor idea for session #31 will receive 15 trivia points on the 28th of this month! ;)

post-68-1104456831.gif

Here's a candidate sponsor: the upcoming barbo movie

edit: oops, it doesn't work

[attachment removed ---master_q]

Edited by master_q

Spockstellaiter, the audio worked, but I’m going to disqualify it and limit it to something Star Trek related. A sponsor candidate does not need to be 100% directly Star Trek related, but it has to be of that type or category to somehow connect to the Star Trek universe. For example; Slug-o-Cola is a great Star Trek related sponsor for trivia session number 30. There are lots and lots of possibilities of creative things all of you can think of.... Keep at it everyone and post a candidate to be a possible future sponsor.

Fifteen official Star Trek trivia points are waiting for someone. :laugh:

post-68-1104456831.gif

My phone company is taking forever to fix the problem. They came to my place this week, but they have to come back again to fix it. Unfortunately they are not coming to my place again until next week. There is nothing I can do about this ---- I just have to ride with the flow.

When I’m lucky I can stay on the Internet for 30 minutes, but that's if I’m lucky. After that I get discounted abruptly with no dial-tone at all for three or four minutes. We will have to see what happens when the day comes. I don’t feel right in delaying it again ---- so we will give it a shot and see what happens......We might break up session 30 into two parts...

I’ll give info on what’s going on with the “TREK-NEWS-TALK” chat with Jeff Ayers ASAP.

post-68-1104456831.gif

Nice one, Mr. George!! "A Piece of the Action" has always been one of my favorite TOS episodes. After "The Trouble With Tribbles," of course. :)

Master_Q, good luck with your computer problems. That can be really frustrating. :P

LLAP

Indy

bullwhip.gif

Jeff Ayers Chat Reschedule:

Saturday, February 5th, 2005 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern-Time (2 Pacific)

Yesterday I contacted Jeff, our future special chat room guest, and got the chat rescheduled to 02/05/05 @ 5PM Eastern.... I really hope some of you can make it. Let us try to have a good turn-out.

The trivia session will be at the regular time (4PM EST). With some luck I think the chat will go uninterrupted.

Thank you Indy & David R. George III.... :P They both look great! It is going to be hard to vote for one or the other.

Remember everyone----- You've got to Wednesday to submit a sponsor candidate. 15 trivia points are up for grab!

post-68-1104456831.gif

Edited by master_q

All Aboard The Trivia Train *choochoo*

Session 30's Questions & Answers:

Q1: What medial solution to a Borg skin problem did the EMH suggest while trying to stall the Borg?

Click For Spoiler

Q2: Captain Jean-Luc Picard portrayed himself as who, to convince the D’Arsay archive to return the ship and Data back to their normal states?

Click For Spoiler

Q3: James T. Kirk told Edith Keller that the words “Let me help” were superior then to what, as suggested by a famous novelist of the 21st century?

Click For Spoiler

Q4: When trivia participates in the chat room clearly copy the answer given by some else and repeat them in the chat room what is that called?

Click For Spoiler

Q5: Describe the effects a person has when they experience transporter shock.

Click For Spoiler

Q6: What starship did the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager ultimately discover that they were not the first Starfleet starship to be brought to the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker?

Click For Spoiler

Q7: Vic Fontaine used what slang term for a holographic character?

Click For Spoiler

Q8: What was Kathryn Janeway most proud of when she was decorated by Starfleet for a military success during a Cardassian border dispute?

Click For Spoiler

Q9: What imperial Romulan warbird was seized by Subcommander N’Vek and Deanna Troi?

Click For Spoiler

Q10: What Taresian government official met members of the Voyager crew when they beamed down with Harry Kim? She convinced Harry that he was a native of Taresia.

Click For Spoiler

Q11: After the U.S.S. Honshu was destroyed, Starfleet assigned what two starships to search for survivors?

Click For Spoiler

Q12: Who usurped Kirk’s body because she wanted the life and power of starship captain?

Click For Spoiler

Wheel . . . . . of . . . . . Fortune!

Guess to what you think the puzzle says. (Do not guess letters; just guess what the answer may be. If needed I will give hints.)

Q13: A | _ a t t _ r | _ _ | _ _ r _ _ _ c t _ _ _

Click For Spoiler

Wheel . . . . . of . . . . . Fortune!

Q14: _ o o _ _ _ _ | _ o _ | p _ _’ M _ _ _ | _ n | _ _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ _ n _ | P _ _ _ _ _

Click For Spoiler

Q15: Who was the only Grand Nagus of the Ferengi Alliance to be assassinated while in office?

Click For Spoiler

Q16: According to the ‘future’ of the episode “Endgame,” (and of that specific time-line) from who did The Doctor take the name Joe from?

Click For Spoiler

Q17: Kira Nerys’s family was part of the Ih’valla D’jarra, which in earlier times would have required her to take up what type occupation?

Click For Spoiler

Q18: What episode is Harry Kim killed, but a duplicate Kim, from a duplicate Voyager created by the spatial scission, returned to the original Voyager, replacing the original and dead Harry Kim?

Click For Spoiler

Q19: Where did the U.S.S. Stargazer get towed to after the U.S.S. Enterprise-D received the old vessel from the Ferengi?

Click For Spoiler

Q20: Earth’s global power grid was sabotaged by Red Squad under orders from what Starfleet Admiral?

Click For Spoiler

Q21: What fused together with the EMH’s mobile emitter and drone?

Click For Spoiler

Q22: The Jupiter Station diagnostics program can provide a diagnostic matrix for what?

Click For Spoiler

Q23: What snack food did Spock provide on the campout in STV?

Click For Spoiler

Kirk: What are you doing?

Spock: I’m preparing to toast a marsh melon.

McCoy: Well, I’ll be dammed. A marsh melon? Where did you learn to do that?

Spock: Before leaving the ship, I consulted with the computer library to familiar myself with the customs associated with ‘camping out.’

McCoy: Well, tell me, Spock, what do we do after we toast the marsh, marsh melon?

Spock: We consume them.

McCoy: I know we consume them, I mean after that.

Spock: Oh, I believe we’re required to engage in a ritual known as the sing-along.

Kirk: That’s great. I haven’t sung around the campfire since I was a boy in Iowa. What are we going to sing? .... Bones, what are we going to sing?

McCoy: How about “Camptown Races”?

Kirk: “Pack Up Your Troubles”

Spock: Are we leaving, captain?

McCoy: It’s a song title, Spock.

Kirk: “Moon Over Rigel 7”

McCoy: “Row, Row Row Your Boat”

Kirk: “Row, Row Row Your Boat” I love “Row..” Do you know “Row, Row, Row, Row,... Your Boat”?

Spock: That song did not come up in my research, captain.

Q24: On what planet did Jean-Luc Picard win the Starfleet Academy marathon?

Click For Spoiler

Q25: Which one of B’Elanna Torres’s former professors put a recommendation in her file should she ever wish to return to the academy?

Click For Spoiler

Q26: What illusory commanding officer of Starbase 11 presided over Spock’s court-marital for charges of mutiny and violation of General Order 7? [Full Name]

Click For Spoiler

Q27: What was the name O’Brien used when he worked as an undercover Starfleet operative on planet Farius Prime?

Click For Spoiler

Q28: Varani is a renowned Bajoran musician who had performed at what forum before it was destroyed during the Cardassian occupation?

Click For Spoiler

Q29: Kevin Riley was sung what song by Uhura in “The Conscience of the King,” to cheer him up?

Click For Spoiler

Q30: What Sect of the Kazon Collective tried to seize control of the Caretaker’s Array, but was prevented from doing so by Janeway?

Click For Spoiler

Q31: Name the very first colony to be setup outside of the solar system.

Click For Spoiler

Q32: What Starfleet starship did William T. Riker serve prior to his assignments to the U.S.S. Hood? And what ship did he serve prior to that?

Click For Spoiler

Q33: A judiciary official of what government was sent to investigate Kovin, an arms dealer, for allegedly assaulting Seven on Nine?

Click For Spoiler

Q34: On what planet did Anan 7 declare the Enterprise a casualty of a computer-conducted war?

Click For Spoiler

Q35: Particle 010 is also known as what?

Click For Spoiler

Q36: In the feature film “Star Trek: Insurrection,” what is the name of the captain’s yacht?

Click For Spoiler

Q37: Why were “lithium crystals” later replaced as called “dilithium crystals”?

Click For Spoiler

Q38: Continuum Hunt: Send me a direct link to a picture of the former Grand Nagus Zek of the Ferengi Alliance...................... Ready?....Set......GO!!!

Q38 is equivalent to a web-hunt. When you send me a link to this picture --- please don’t send me to a webpage. Send me a link **directly** to the picture.

Click For Spoiler

Q39: When Dr. McCoy accidentally overdosed himself with cordrazine, he fled into Earth’s past through what time portal?

Click For Spoiler

AND NOW

An Activity!

-|-|-|-_ Star Trek Psycho Game_-|-|-|-

I'll start by typing a Star Trek related word/name into the chat room, and then the person at the top of the chat room user-list will type a reply to that. The reply will have to be the first word that comes to your mind after reading the thing I typed. After that person does that the next person in line will do the same...... and so on

Q40: What did the plaque on the antique ship’s wheel in the Forward Observation Room of the Enterprise in “The Final Frontier” say?

Click For Spoiler

post-68-1104456831.gif

All Aboard The Trivia Train *choochoo*

Session 30's Results:

And the Champion is...

Fireworks-01.gifFireworks-01.gifFireworks-01.gif

Fireworks-02.gifFireworks-02.gifFireworks-02.gif

Jack_Bauer with 42 points!!

Well Done!

Second Place goes to...

Rick_Alverado with 18 points!

Mrs.Picard earned 16 points!

Nevin obtained 8 points!

Miss_Satoire and Indy both got 6!

JGG received 4!

Stats [based on those that made > 0 points]:

MIN 4

MAX 42

MED 8

AVG 14.28571429

STDEV 13.33809439

~NEXT LIVE STAR TREK TRIVIA SESSION~

Sunday, January 29th, 2005 at 4:00PM EST

I'm really sorry everyone for yet another rescheduling on a "TREK-NEWS-TALK" uest chat here at StarTrekFans.net. It has just been the cards that I have been dealt.

Just yesterday Alexandre learned that he has to travel to Nevada to scout for locations for his next film this weekend. This can not be helped. We will have to reschedule the chat to Sunday, February 6, at 4:00PM Eastern (1PM Pacific), tentatively.

(Until I get a double confirmation I will take out the "tentatively" part.)

I really want to apologize, but that's how it goes. Alexandre and I do hope and would appreciative if all of you will try to make the time to come to the rescheduled chat. We understand the inconvenience, but hope you come and make a good turnout.

Sponsor Chat Room Trivia Session #31

The time allowed submitting a candidate to be a sponsor for the official Star Trek chat room trivia session #31 has expired!

I want to thank both Indy & David R. George III for the submissions. B)

post-68-1104456831.gif

I'm really sorry everyone for yet another rescheduling on a "TREK-NEWS-TALK" uest chat here at StarTrekFans.net. It has just been the cards that I have been dealt.

Just yesterday Alexandre learned that he has to travel to Nevada to scout for locations for his next film this weekend. This can not be helped. We will have to reschedule the chat to Sunday, February 6, at 4:00PM Eastern (1PM Pacific), tentatively.

I really want to apologize, but that's how it goes. Alexandre and I do hope and would appreciative if all of you will try to make the time to come to the rescheduled chat. We understand the inconvenience, but hope you come and make a good turnout.

It's been rescheduled for Super Bowl Sunday ?!! B) That may be a bad time to have a chat..I won't be able to attend MQ..

It's been rescheduled for Super Bowl Sunday ?!! B) That may be a bad time to have a chat..I won't be able to attend MQ..

298318[/snapback]

Lol, good point, I won't be there either B) B)

298318[/snapback]

Lol, good point, I won't be there either B) B)

298322[/snapback]

Nor I.