Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Person of the Year

Time chose their "man" of the year but I'm not sure what criteria they used - other than newsworthiness.

Who would you choose as person of the year - would it be someone has has been newsworthy or someone that has done something meaningful, or maybe just someone who's influenced your own life.

A couple of other newsworthy people

Mike Melville - the first civilian astronaut -

Mel Gibson - I didn't see the movie but I find it amusing he made the movie Hollywood didn't think worth making and made lots and lots of money.

As for people that have done something meaningful - mostly those people wouldn't make the news.

I'll have to think about it.

I think that team that successfully completed the first commercial space launch, and the astronauts involved, should get 'people of the year' (and of the future!).

Time chose their "man" of the year but I'm not sure what criteria they used - other than newsworthiness.

Who would you choose as person of the year - would it be someone has has been newsworthy or someone that has done something meaningful, or maybe just someone who's influenced your own life.

A couple of other newsworthy people

Mike Melville - the first civilian astronaut -

Mel Gibson - I didn't see the movie but I find it amusing he made the movie Hollywood didn't think worth making and made lots and lots of money.

As for people that have done something meaningful - mostly those people wouldn't make the news. 

I'll have to think about it.

291081[/snapback]

Not just lots of money, but the 6th highest gross in box office history

For some reason my post was deleted from this thread. All I was saying is that there must be something seriously wrong if George W Bush was chosen as person of the year.

For some reason my post was deleted from this thread. All I was saying is that there must be something seriously wrong if George W Bush was chosen as person of the year.

292533[/snapback]

I didn't see your quote but there is another thread about Bush being "Man of the Year" For this thread I just wanted to know "what criteria would you use to select a person of the year" and "who would it be?"

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I would choose the person who had the most postive profound affect on people. I would have to go with the various provincial courts and the Supreme Court of Canada for their rulings on same-sex marriages. I don't want to start a debate on this subject here - it's been done to death in Qo'noS - this is just my opinion.

I don't want to sound like a suck up but I would also include VBG at the top of my list for "Person of the Year". He, personally, has had some very tough moments this year but through it all he has continued to offer this sanctuary known as STARTREKFANS.NET to us all. I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't have STF to take my mind off the insanity in the world today.

Person of the year goes to the person that once did not get mad this whole year from all the elections, war, and other stuf... call me when you find the person.

I don't want to sound like a suck up but I would also include VBG at the top of my list for "Person of the Year". He, personally, has had some very tough moments this year but through it all he has continued to offer this sanctuary known as STARTREKFANS.NET to us all. I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't have STF to take my mind off the insanity in the world today.

292628[/snapback]

I would put VBG on that list too. This is one of the best forums on the whole damn internet. It could very well be the BEST. :(

292628[/snapback]

I would put VBG on that list too. This is one of the best forums on the whole damn internet. It could very well be the BEST. :laugh:

292656[/snapback]

I agree. This board is the best! :( Thanks, VBG :( B) B) :laugh:

Suppose this one time I might agree that VBG does deserve the Person OF The Year award far as online Internet Boards are is one of the better boards at present ("Miss the Mutant X and Andromeda Board as well")and haven't done any posting at st.com.

:( B) :laugh::laugh: