Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daedalus

Knock, Knock, Can I Come In?

I Just arrived and I'm looking to make some new friends. I like to write, alot. And I can't think of anything else to tell you right now. Maybe someone can come up with something to talk about. :waaaa:

Come in any time :waaaa: . Love the avatar! I'm BakulaBabe, also known as BB. I've been spending a lot of time in the Cotton Candy Factory, posting and taking silly quizzes. Almost anything there is to know about me is in my profile, personal log :waaaa:, and blog. Since you like to write, do you have a blog?

If a Blog is a Personal Log, yes I do. If not, what is a Blog??? I didn't mean I like to write alot. I meant I like writing stories and are usually very long so that's where the ALOT comes in. I do alot of writing. I never shared it with anyone though. People like to critisize and pick things apart. They don't understand how much that hurts when you spent alot of time doing it. Then you feel stupid and feel like throwing it in the fireplace to burn.

A blog is like a personal log, or journal. "Blogger" is one of several sites where you can start one. There's lots of different ones there - most of them are like "what I did today", some are political & news stores, some are poetry, some have pictures...It might be a good place to post stories. I know what you mean about being careful who you share your work with. I did some poems for astronomy class on a challenge from my teacher (back in the 70's), and he loved them! The class didn't share his enthusiasm, and I wanted to crawl under a rock after he read them in class! :waaaa: I still have them, but I'm not sure where.

Sorry about taking up so much space!

Thank you BB for telling me that. Do you think you could show me some of your writing? I love peotry. Here's just a little sample of something I wrote in like 5 seconds. These things just pop into my head and I write them down real quick. Not saying this is good but here goes:

"Some people like to shoot the gun

They (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) it then take aim

And when they hit the bulls-eye

They'll always take the credit

But never take the blame."

Sort of a lesson in there, right? Hope you get it :waaaa: I don't me you in particular BB, I mean people in general, everyone. I'm NOT singling BB out. OOPS. Did I say the wrong thing, AGAIN??? :waaaa: See what I mean. :o I should just go crawl under a rock and stay there.

Got it - no problem! :waaaa: That's a good poem. I wish I could come up with something in just a few seconds. I'll have to work on that. As soon as I find my old poems (if they aren't stuffed in a box somewhere) I'll put them in my personal log. Since they're astronomy & science related, everyone here should "get" them. I'm not saying they're good, though! :waaaa:

If a Blog is a Personal Log, yes I do. If not, what is a Blog??? I didn't mean I like to write alot. I meant I like writing stories and are usually very long so that's where the ALOT comes in. I do alot of writing. I never shared it with anyone though. People like to critisize and pick things apart. They don't understand how much that hurts when you spent alot of time doing it. Then you feel stupid and feel like throwing it in the fireplace to burn.

288161[/snapback]

Sometimes it's good to listen to criticism so you can get better, but I suggest having your friends criticize it, so it will be in love and not in derision. btw, I thought that poem you shared was very good :waaaa::waaaa:

WELCOME ABOARD AND HAVE FUN!!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER