Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nebula

hi, please give me infomation

Hi, i am a second year media student from chesterfield college, england. For my final major project i have been asked to make a ten minute documentary, the subject being alternative lifestyles. In particular i am focusing on science fiction and fantasy.

I myself do not know a great deal on these subjects but i am willing to learn and discover. if people could please post messages regarding basic information on star trek or other sci fi related followings then i would be exextremely greatfull. Please talk to me about any related experiences and how it is to be a hardcore sci fi fan.

Thankyou so much

Nebula

You NEED to talk with "DocWho42" He's all you need :nono: :yes: Next to him, we are all amateurs :o :nono::nono:

Greetings from a friendly Borg. :borgqueen: Welcome.

If you want to know alot about the Borg, please ask me or WEAREBORG4102, or any other here which are Borg crazy! :nono::nono:

:nono:

Go to "Members" at the top of any page. That'll take you to Members List. Type in "All Members starting with "D' on the top right of that screen then go down to the bottom if he's not there and make list "50" then click go. OR just find one of his posts and at the bottom there is a PM button. OR Just type in "DocWho42" when you "Compose New Message" at your "Control Panel". I don't know? :nono: So many ways :o :o :nono: OR if he is on the Active list, on upper right of Homepage, just click on his name it'll bring you to his Profile page then just look for "Personal Message" click on that. :o

Or How about I just PM him for you and tell him to PM you? OK? he's on my buddy list. :nono:

If you are wanting to learn more about people that are into science fiction and fantasy I recommend that you take the time to read through the conversations that are occuring in the threads throughout the boards, you may also want to go through the boards at starwarsfans.net and stargatefans.net as well. I believe that the best way to research "us" is to take the time to learn a little about the things that we talk about, as there is not any way for you to know the right questions for us to be able to answer for you otherwise. You are also welcome to send me a pm any time that you have a question. I am a MOD here, admin at Stargatefans.net and an Ambassador at Starwarsfans.net all using the same screen name of ddillard so you can reach me with any questions that you may have.

Also, to make it easier for you to send me a PM until you get used to using the features I am adding a link below that will take your directly to a PM composition that will already have my name listed in the to field so that all you will need to do is add in the subject and body of the PM and click on send at the bottom. Good luck.

CLICK HERE TO PM DDILLARD

*awakens/reanimates* B)

There are very many different types of fandom and cult followings in both science-fiction and fantasy... And also for horror too.

Do you have any ideas on how to narrow them down, or which ones to focus more upon? B)

Here's a particularly good website to the rather ill-known genre of music, known as: “filk”, which is basically folk music to the style of science-fiction/fantasy/[or anything else odd B)].

Here's a better definition to my own: FILKING 101: The Folk Music of Science Fiction, 1. WHAT IS FILK?

Click For Spoiler
filk_com_banner.gif

• Filk music is perhaps one of the most underground music styles because it's almost impossible to find. Coming from the world of science fiction and fantasy fandom, the music can only be found, for sale or live, at Science Fiction conventions, a handful of stores, and here on the Internet.

WHAT IS FILK MUSIC?

Nothing can start an argument faster than trying to answer this question. The simplest definition is that FILK = Science Fiction folk music. It is a mixture of song parodies and original music, humorous and serious, about subjects like science fiction, fantasy, computers, cats, politics, the space program, books, movies, TV shows, love, war, death. . . You get the idea.

are there any sites that you could recomend or do you know of any conventions coming my way?

284993[/snapback]

Here are the ones listed in the latest issue of “Analog: Science Fiction and Fact”... B)
Click For Spoiler
3-5 December 2004

SMOFcon 22

From the people of...

post-812-1101949588.gif

==============================

10-12 December 2004

post-812-1102035877.jpg

PhilCon 2004

From the people of...

post-812-1102032973.gif

4-8 August 2005

post-812-1102037166.gif

Interaction: 63rd World Science Fiction Convention

If you have further questions, you may PM me, using this link. B)

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

I strongly suggest you go to a star trek convention, plenty of wierdos there B)

284990[/snapback]

Not very nice B) Your insulting ALOT of us by saying things like this. B)

I strongly suggest you go to a star trek convention, plenty of wierdos there B)

284990[/snapback]

Not very nice B) Your insulting ALOT of us by saying things like this. B)

285850[/snapback]

I agree. You might just be joking but maybe not. B)

Hi, i am a second year media student from chesterfield college, england. For my final major project i have been asked to make a ten minute documentary, the subject being alternative lifestyles. In particular i am focusing on science fiction and fantasy. 

:waaaa: I don't consider being a Trek fan analogous with having an alternate life style but welcome anyway.