Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Save Enterprise Chat Transcript

Below is a transcript of the chat that took place Saturday 22, 2004 in the chat room. In this chat we had the opportunity to talk to Tim & fatheadcookie. Tim is SaveEnterprise.com's founder, coordinator, and media personnel. Fatheadcookie is SaveEnterprise.com's forum & yahoo group leader. SaveEnterprise.com is one of the leading fan-base websites pushing the charge to keep Star Trek Enterprise on the air. StarTrekFans.net wants to thank them for joining us. The chat transcript has been formatted and slightly edited it to make it easier to read.

[it was broken up into two posts due to it going over the max character limit]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Hi guys, SOrry I am late

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:hello Tim

spacetigger [0/] Msg:Hello Tim

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Which guy?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Hey Mark. Went to se Shrek 2. very cool

alexander32 [0/] Msg:hey Tim

drwho42 [0/] Msg:You're our guesT?

master_q [0/] Msg:Hi Tim. Welcome. (He’s our guest)

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:Puss and boots

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:thanks everyone.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Oooh, cool. Welcome! :tear:

alexander32 [0/] Msg:Welcome

alexander32 [0/] Msg:*welcome*

SolarWind [0/] Msg:Hi Fathead, love your name :rofl

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:So how is everyone today.

alexander32 [0/] Msg:good

spacetigger [0/] Msg:Good U

startrektrekkie2003 [0/] Msg:Fine

SolarWind [0/] Msg:Good and how are you Tim?

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Doing good, ty, you?

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:thanks it's my dog and cats name together

master_q [0/] Msg:I'm great, you?

alexander32 [0/] Msg:still awaking from sleep

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:great since it seems we won the battle for this season.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Will this chat be posted?

master_q [0/] Msg:Greetings everyone! :( As most of you know I server as the host of this Q&A Chat Room Session. In this special chat we have with us Tim, who is the leader and founder of www.SaveEnterprise.com

spacetigger [0/] Msg:It's great..

SolarWind [0/] Msg:yippeee!!!!!!!!!

master_q [0/] Msg:It will.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Grand :(

alexander32 [0/] Msg:superb

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:ok, you guys have some questions for me or are we just going to do a standard chat session?

SolarWind [0/] Msg:I never doubted it for a minute

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I will answer the best I can

master_q [0/] Msg:We are going to break it into two parts

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:cool Master_q thanks for the invite by the way.

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:I have aquestion

SolarWind [0/] Msg:I'm just glad to be here at the right time to watch

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Will Alex ask the first question?

alexander32 [0/] Msg:I think

spacetigger [0/] Msg:The first part of the chat is where MQ will ask our guest questions. Please be quiet until that part is over and it is your turn.

SolarWind [0/] Msg:ok

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:works for me.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:I have more than one

alexander32 [0/] Msg:ok

master_q [0/] Msg:First off, I want to commend all of you on your work. SaveEnterprise.com has been getting a lot of deserved publicity to promote its cause.

master_q [0/] Msg:our work is paying off. I was reading at TrekToday that all the fan mail and calls (and things to that nature) were taken into account. :wub:

master_q [0/] Msg:*Your guys

drwho42 [0/] Msg:yw Tim :(

MrPsychic [0/] AAS-Login:

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Hey Psy

master_q [0/] Msg:How did SaveEnterprise.com start?...... What motivated the creation of the website?

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:greetings all

jdigs [0/] Logout:_

alexander32 [0/] Msg:hello

SolarWind [0/] Msg:hi

SolarWind [0/] Msg:shhh

miss_satoire [0/] AAS-Login:

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I have been a Trek fan for a long time. When I found out that it was in trouble I decided to start the site.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Great idea!

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I will say this. I am in contact with numerous people that are on the set as well as admin at Enterprise

SolarWind [0/] Msg:That showed real initiative Tim

master_q [0/] Msg:Thats great

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:they were more than happy that I was starting the site and showed full support

master_q [0/] Msg:How about the new news ---- Do you think the day change for ENT will be positive or negative?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Not sure. Right now I am soaking in the glory for the victory of our win..

KayJay [0/] AAS-Login:

SolarWind [0/] Logout:_

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I am hoping that it will improve not being against Smallville

Jeanway [0/] AAS-Login:

master_q [0/] Msg:I’m sure you are. It is good news, and I’m sure you were happy in being a part of keeping it on

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:We all still have alot of work ahead of us.

master_q [0/] Msg:What is your guys' opinion on the Star Trek fans who wish Enterprise to be canceled (believing Enterprise is "anti-trek" and/or that the cancellation of it "will result in a better series")? Why do you think they are incorrect?

drwho42 [0/] Msg:pro-ent here

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I would like it known though. I was just the organizer and founder for the site. We have many dedicated members on the site that made this happen. Fatheadcookie was a big help as well.. As was Brandon. Our Web Designer

Jeanway [0/] Msg:Kil them

alexander32 [0/] Msg:pro=ent here too

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I think that given the full season run they might have a "Change of Heart" excuse the pun

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Some people don't even watch ENT that much, and hasn't realized how much it changed since then

alexander32 [0/] Msg:I liked it back before though

alexander32 [0/] Msg:and now

master_q [0/] Msg:What are some of things that SaveEnterprise.com has been asking people to do to "Save Enterprise"?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:They are looking at the first 2 seasons. I think 3 has totally turned it around.

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:guys, shh, let the guest answer...

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Well I first started this campaign using email (before the site was setup) so, I started pushing the letters.

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Then it has simply grown from there. I have many people that contact me with fresh fax numbers as well as emails to the execs

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Our main thing has been Snail Mail, Faxing and email campaigns

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:I just wanted to throw in. Tim is much to kind as he is the heart and soul of this.,I just glad to be a small .

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:part

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:When I first stated SaveEnterprise. I did ask another major group if we could combine forces and have one large voice and the owners did not want this to happen

master_q [0/] Msg:Well you guys are doing great. I’ve been keep (to a degree) on all the news, and so forth. From looking at everything it does appear that SaveEnterprise.com has have a good impact

master_q [0/] Msg:*keeping

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:We must have done something right. I have had emails as well as phone calls from UPN and Paramount since they renewed the show asking me to please stop

shadowfigment [0/] AAS-Login:

master_q [0/] Msg:Really? lol

master_q [0/] Msg:Well, that says something! lol

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:We are right now working on ways to to secure season 5 now. I have various contacts that point me in the right direction as well.

master_q [0/] Msg:Well, that's great.

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:Question why do this at all? Whats reason behind this? I know that I've asked you this myself.

master_q [0/] Msg:Let's Open The Doors For Others To Participate in the Q&A Session......

master_q [0/] Msg:If you have a question, then please wait your turn. Let’s try to start with Alex (at the top of the list) and then go down the list.....After that it will pretty much, be a free-for-all......Thank you for your cooperation

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] AAS-Login:

Locutusborg [0/] AAS-Login:

alexander32 [0/] Msg:Ok

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I have asked myself this a time or two as wel.. The reason is that I love the show and want to see it continue. Some people seem to think that if Enteprise is canceled that something "better" will come along. This is NOT the case. With Nemisis not doing

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:well at the box office and now Enterprise ratings low. I am afraid that we would see a dark cloud over Trek

alexander32 [0/] Msg:Now I was thinking that ENT may be remembered as the "star trek ender" do you think after ENT there will be no more series becasue f the low ratings?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:To me personally, this is not just about Enterprise. It is about the future of Star Trek as well.

alexander32 [0/] Msg:I like ENT

master_q [0/] Msg:Do you think that after ENT, Star Trek needs a breather?

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:alex, shh

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Well that is up to you and me. If the story lines continue to be as they are. I see ratings going up and the future of Trek going on.

master_q [0/] Msg:He can ask a q now, MrPsychic

alexander32 [0/] Msg:what about an ENT movie?

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:see what happens when you're watching hockey, MQ... :tear:

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:a breather! No, I think that it might need to adjust to the current audience

alexander32 [0/] Msg:will there be one?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I see others series coming before an Ent movie.. just my thoughts though

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:doesn't this move from Wednesday to Friday strike you as odd, since the first series was given the "death slot" on Friday nights?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Yeah I do not know how the Friday timeslot will affect it. It could be a change for the better.. it is scary though

alexander32 [0/] Msg:Do you also think it will be like TOS in the sense that it will be rembered as a classic and a movie will come out years later?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I know that X-Files prospered on Fridays.. Why not Enterprise

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:does the friday slot actually mean death it is over 30 years sin tos

captkate [0/] AAS-Login:

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I think ALL star trek shoule be.

startrektrekkie2003 [0/] Logout:_

captkate [0/] Msg:hello

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Hi captkate

captkate [0/] Msg:has there been a chat guest today?

alexander32 [0/] Msg:Tim is

Jeanway [0/] Msg:A breather also, NO! We're all out here holding our breath. Who is resposible for all the new weaponry? I think it's incredible

captkate [0/] Msg:oh okay

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:Time line, your thoughts?

alexander32 [0/] Msg:I dont care about the timeline issues

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Timeline.. ohh your in trouble later on this one Mark...

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:sorry

alexander32 [0/] Msg:as long as i's a good show

master_q [0/] Msg:lol

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I think that everyone needs to put the timeline on the back burner and watch each episode for what it is..

jefffitz [0/] Msg:Have you heard if UPN will promote the show more next season?

captkate [0/] Msg:agreed

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:I say just enjoy the show

alexander32 [0/] Msg:yes

drwho42 [0/] Msg:What is your opinion on the subject of the TOS Klingon forehaed thing, the Eugenics War (whether or not it takes place in the 1990's) and whether or not the Romulan Star Empire has warp-drive?

Jeanway [0/] Msg:Weaponry? Tim?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:A really great show... forget Cannon and the timeline.. just watch it. and if it is good.. enjoy it.

alexander32 [0/] Msg:yes

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I wish I could tell you more on the Weaponry.. I simple do not know

Jeanway [0/] Msg:Could you find out for us?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:yes, I will.. I will send an email to Master_q with that info

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:the time line has been broken so many times before Enterprise it just an excuse for enterprise haters to use

Jeanway [0/] Msg:Is it the writers or do they have special people?

Jeanway [0/] Msg:ok, I'll shut up now

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Since I really really enjoy my time-travel a whole lot, what is your view on the Temporal Cold War, and do you think it will involve many "future" centuies and may include timeships like the u.s.s. Relativity NCV-474439-G? What parts of do you like themost?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:no, they have a couple of people that do it.. Iwill find out who for you

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:Could not the enterprise bashers really be the best advertising for the show?

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:they do seem to make people take a look

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:Do you feel that writing to the sponseors of ENT had any effect or was this strictly a studio and UPN decision?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:The say that even bad advertisement is good... I think the more publicity that the show gets the better

Jeanway [0/] Msg:I knew it, it takes real inginuity to come up with all these new ones

drwho42 [0/] Msg:And one other question... Do you think "Trek" takes place in an alternate timeline from our own, due to the predictions of tos, like the launch of the s.s. Nomad in 2002 ("The Changeling" [tos])?

Mike_Hines01 [0/] AAS-Login:

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I would like to say this though.. Brannon Braga is a really cool person.. and I really dont like the B bashers out there. He goes the distance for the show

Jeanway [0/] Msg:That's called notoriety

alexander32 [0/] Msg:like angelic said people watcvh the show to see how bad it is and find ou its good

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:well kill enterprise . org was a great advertiseing tool for saveenterprise LOL

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Ok, I am reading back here a sec to catch up.. please be patient

alexander32 [0/] Msg:I know some people who hate other Treks b ut just like ENT

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:will there be mentions of the Earth Romulan War as trouble ahead, due to the fact that it starts a year after year 7 of Enterprise?

master_q [0/] Msg:Let's slow down a tad bit, please

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I know that the sponsors play a major role on deciding if the show is renewed.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Yeah

Mike_Hines01 [0/] Logout:_

drwho42 [0/] Msg:http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies2a.htm

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I was told by some of my sources that I need to target this year. The sponsors as well as upn.. these are the two major sources that has the fate of the show in its hands.

captkate [0/] Msg:I live in Perth Western Australia, they have taken it off the air here, for now...

captkate [0/] Msg:its sad really

alexander32 [0/] Msg:hes they have another Aussie here

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:Do you list the sponsors on your site?

Jeanway [0/] Logout:_

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Dont worry Perth..SaveEnterprise.com is not about to give up on our Aussie pals or British friends.

captkate [0/] Msg:Yay!!

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Yippey!

fatheadcookie [0/] Msg:every need their UPN

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:do you think that if they changed the format of Enterprise, from action to how TOS and TNG was, questioning society and social norms, would that increase ratings?

alexander32 [0/] Msg:yep, yep, yep

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Um, did you answer my questions?

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:Do you feel that the ploy of using a mass terrorism plotline mirroring 9/11 in a way has in someways made people take a deeper look at the series as they feel thwy may be able emotionally engage with the storylines?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:let me look back at your question Dr. Who

KayJay [0/] Msg:Sponsors are listed at EnterpriseProject.org...I belong to both groups

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:Thanks KayJay

drwho42 [0/] Msg:One was on continuity issues, the second the tcw, and the third Trek in a parallel timeline?

jefffitz [0/] Disconnect:

alexander32 [0/] Msg:alot of questions

Locutusborg [0/] Logout:_

captkate [0/] Msg:deep ones too

drwho42 [0/] Msg:I know, but I think they're important

jefffitz [0/] AAS-Login:

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Dr Who. your question is a really touchy subject with most and hits back on the original.. I think that you cannot compare them that way.. If Gene would have had the tech from 2004, would the Klingons looks the way they did in the 60's

captkate [0/] Msg:and the money

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I don't mind really...

captkate [0/] Msg:he had not much of a budget back then

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:or the tech that we have now.

captkate [0/] Msg:true

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Ic

fatheadcookie [0/] Logout:_

alexander32 [0/] Msg:yes and prosthetic

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I would like to say since we have some Enterprise Project people on here too in the chat...

shadowfigment [0/] Msg:Do you know what the central plot of the fourth season will be with Enterprise?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Very nice work guys.. I have no doubt that we all made a difference

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:yes, but I cannot discuss it.

fatheadcookie [0/] AAS-Login:

alexander32 [0/] Msg:I read in the Star trek Monthly magazine that the Xindi plot will continue throughout the series

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:First rule in contacts. keep your word

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:I cannot talk about season 4.. I am sorry.

alexander32 [0/] Msg:like the Dominion War

drwho42 [0/] Msg:'Tis ok

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg::(

KayJay [0/] Msg:Tim, yes I agree

captkate [0/] Msg:fair enough too

drwho42 [0/] Msg:I like being surprised :(

captkate [0/] Msg:not all want to know the plots

spacetigger [0/] Msg:What efforts are you going to be doing to try to make sure that Enterprise is here for a 5th season as well?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:YOU will be.. unless something is changed.

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:which setup do you think will draw more ratings, action like season 3 of ent, or social commentary, like TOS or TNG did?

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:Is there a possibility that the xindi inevitable become the starfleet and ultimately the federations allies and that this is why in the "latter" generations we as an audience haven't heard of them?

shadowfigment [0/] Msg:Given current projections, how long is Paramount looking to continue the series?

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Slow down with the questions...

alexander32 [0/] Msg:hold on people

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:wow! you guys rock!... I have been on several chats and you guys have it together over here on StarTrekFans very cool I applaud you

drwho42 [0/] Msg:thanx :wub: :(

spacetigger [0/] Msg:lol

master_q [0/] Msg:Thank you very much, and we are so happy you are here.

alexander32 [0/] Msg::roflmao

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Can't applaud while typing (not well anyways)

alexander32 [0/] Msg:as if

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:From the "rumor" going.. they are trying to gear down after season 4

master_q [0/] Msg:[Ok......Yes, let's slow down]

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Yea..

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:But I have a feeling there are a couple groups out here that will not let this happen..

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:or we will at least go down in a blaze of glory trying.

alexander32 [0/] Msg:Like Osama Bin Laden

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Or the Triannons?

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:alexander not a good analogy

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Ohhh.. not a good subjest for Tim.. my whole family was mIl

drwho42 [0/] Msg:nm

captkate [0/] Msg:agreed

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:mll?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:military

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Ah, ic

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:ah

alexander32 [0/] Msg:ok sorry

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:ty

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:sorry about that.. Thanks for having me here guys..

drwho42 [0/] Msg:your very welcome

captkate [0/] Msg::) your welcome

master_q [0/] Msg:It was a pleasure. Does anyone have any more last minute questions?

alexander32 [0/] Msg:thanks for coming

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Eugenics War?

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:We're the ones who owe you the thanks.

alexander32 [0/] Msg::thumbs

captkate [0/] Msg:If enterprise goes, will there be more trek?

drwho42 [0/] Msg:They mention it in "Hatchery"...

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:We have alot of good things in the works.. so please stop by often and visit us..

spacetigger [0/] Msg:Keep up the good work..And we'll keep supporting Enterprise..

MrPsychic [0/] Msg:is Enterprise still at 8 on Friday?

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:yes, 8 on Fridays.. if you have friends with Nielsens. please have them watch.. Beg them, tie them to the couch, mow there lawns..

spacetigger [0/] Msg:lol

master_q [0/] Msg:OK lol

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:pay them

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:Just spread the word.. the fight has just begun..

drwho42 [0/] Msg:lol give them free refills

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:drug them

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Um, ok...

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:them

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:hypnotize them

master_q [0/] Msg:Again, thanks for coming. It was fun! :) And I hope both of you come back some time in the future. :P

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:<--- Nielsen family, and we watch.

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Coooool

spacetigger [0/] Msg:Yay

master_q [0/] Msg:We will post the transcript up asap

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:As I said.. lots of really good people were involved here.. FatheadCookie played a vital part in this as well as Brandon, Fleetlord and many many others

alexander32 [0/] Msg:*goodbye*

TimBrazeal [0/] Msg:good bye.. thanks for having me here.. later all..

jefffitz [0/] Logout:_

Unadopted_Angelic [0/] Msg:au revoiur

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Cya around the timeline(s)

alexander32 [0/] Msg:cya

TimBrazeal [0/] Logout:_

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:Bye.

master_q [0/] Msg:Bye, thanks for coming!

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Tim has left the building

alexander32 [0/] Msg:bye

captkate [0/] Msg:bye

alexander32 [0/] Msg:yes]

miss_satoire [0/] Msg:Pretty cool, eh?

drwho42 [0/] Msg:Nice chat indeed