Sign in to follow this  
master_q

"save Enterprise" Vs. "kill Enterprise"

"Save Enterprise" vs. "Kill Enterprise"

From another angle from the fans of Star Trek....

From the opposite end of the group at www.saveenterprise.com, a group of Star Trek fans have started up www.KillEnterprise.org. The Kill Enterprise group wants Enterprise to be canceled, so then a new series can take its place.

From Kill Enterprise's Homepage:

"Finish this and spare us from watching this mockery of Star Trek universe".

We ask all Star Trek fans who think that Enterprise should not be continued any longer. Join our campaiign by sharing your opinion with people who make the important decisions behind the scenes of Enteprise.

"Star Trek Enterprise - If you can't make this series better, finish it!"

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q

Why don't they stop watching and leave the ones who do enjoy in peace!

Does it occur to the folks at killEnterprise that if Enterprise is cancelled before it runs the 7 seasons that another Trek series has a snowball's chance of ever getting on the air?

Why don't they stop watching and leave the ones who do enjoy in peace!

Amen !

Does it occur to the folks at killEnterprise that if Enterprise is cancelled before it runs the 7 seasons that another Trek series has a snowball's chance of ever getting on the air?

Exactly, these people are clueless.

I have said a few times that enterprise is by no means my favorite among the official series, but it's not THIS bad :) . Granted it has some technical and possibly some continuity issues, pretty much every series has and quite a number of fans have been able to fix errors made by the creators. These people need to just lay off and be glad we HAVE a trek series on the air :) .

There is a very old saying that you can please some of the people some of the the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Star Trek is a wide universe encompassing 5 series, 10 major motion pictures and about 34 years of history. Some people have loved each and every incarnation while others have hated a particular format. Yet I agree that never have I heard so many Trek fans wishing a Trek show off the air. Personally Voyager was my least favorite of all the shows. They made Captain Janeway too wishy-washy, the first season ran like Gigillian's Island with each episode being devoted to finding a new way to get home only to have it torn out from under them at the last minute. And when the ratings continued to drop they choose to introduce a woman with big boobs and put her in a skin tight outfit to attract more viewers rather than deal with the actual problem of bad writing, character development, and lack of continuity. Yet despite all these problems I never once thought Voyager should be yanked from the air.

I grew up on TOS. When I heard that TNG was coming down the road I like many people I knew thought that the show would never last. No Kirk or Spock. No Scotty nursing the engines back to health. And they were going to put a kid on the bridge. Now I never grew to like Wesley, but I was sure wrong about the show. I love TNG. But let's take a moment to remember that TNG and indeed all of the Trek incarnations are not perfect. "Spock's Brain" flashes into mind, most of TNG up until the end of Season 2 for me was largely crap. Stilted acting, bad uniforms, dust buster phasers, Riker walking around looking like he had a stick up his butt, Pulaski. Yet I continued to watch and as I said grew to love the show. DS9 also had many things I disliked about it, but overall I enjoyed the show. However even if I didn't and stopped watching it like many of my friends choose to do I would never have suggested to anyone that it should have been cancelled or changed because of something I hate.

Now many people are finding fault with Enterprise, which is their right to do, but if you hate it don't watch it. Leave it alone so that those of us who do like it can watch it in peace. I enjoy the temporal cold war. Who among us in the 20th century would expect women to go from a standard military uniform available now to using an impractical mini-skirt with high heeled knee boots in the next 200 years? Furthermore, I don't think that many of us would want to watch a show in which technology was represented as being more primitive looking than it does on TOS. Strictly speaking if this were a true version of established Trek history then the starship would have been a Deadulas class (think of the silly looking medical ship from "All Good Things," but put TOS NX-)1 nacelles on it). There would be no transporters, view screens, phasers, photon torpedoes or anything else that we have come to expect. We have made tremendous advancements in technology since 1966-69. We have things that make TOS look silly in comparison. I mean look at TNG when they showed us computer panels with a touch screen interface that was cool. Now you can have that at the bank, office or even your own home. The temporal cold war is a great way to make changes in the time line which reflect how far we have advanced in real life. Furthermore, the temporal cold war can be used to make changes in the cannon that were stupid (and although I love Star Trek lets be honest there was a lot of stupid things that have happened in the last 34 years). Also the use of time travel or time changes is a fundamental genre in science fiction. For me some of the best episodes in Trek history have been about time i.e. "City on the Edge of Forever," "Yesterday's Enterprise." As far as characters go that is as always a matter of taste. I've always hated Kira. I disliked Janeway. I disliked Riker. My wife hates Kirk. I wonder how Hoshi ever got into Starfleet. However, I find that one bad character usually don't spoil the show. In many that character can even come to enhance it. When Bashir first came on the station much like Milles I couldn't stand him, but also like Milles I came to like and even respect Bashir.

In closing I like Enterprise. If you don't that's your choice, but try and remember that although you haters of the show may sometimes be more vocal there are others who want to watch it. Leave Enterprise alone to tell it's story and leave it on the air.

i dotn particularly like ent, infact i really think the writing could be improved on alot, but i do not think we should have it taken off the air. if its more of a dud than a sucess then all well, we can fire those stupid writers kill rick bermin and take over paramount and do it our selves :) and im quite sure us trekkies would do a much better job than the ppl running the show right now. :)

one more comment, if ent gets taken off the air, dont yo think it will be a while before another series would come one, if the idea of star trek was even continued onto another series, cuz if this one has such low ratings dont you think the ppl working for star trek would be a little reluctant to create somethign new with fear it will fail aswell.

Stardate:214336.8

So does anybody on here know how do hack websites? I say we do some changing around........ :)

I have my gripes about ENT but I would much rather have the show on the air than not have it at all. Those who want to see this show cancelled only think about their own views and plainly thinks that ST is some type of biblical tale, which it is not..

It is a moot point now but I will mention that the otherwise loyal fans who hated Enterprise were legion. The show failed and was yanked because TPTB did not react to their (our) concerns quick enough to win them (us) back.

Fortunately Star Trek came along and can bring new fans in. Time will tell if that works or not. The audience is different than it was in 1987. Maybe Trek on TV has simply played itself out and we should concentrate on the movies. Maybe 10 years from now the movies will suck and we go back to TV.

So we don't have Trek on TV for a few years. Big fraking deal. As I said in other threads we shouldn't support an inferior product just because it has Star Trek in the title.