Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

How Strong Is Romulan Ale?

I love your avatar, QSMB! :( LMAO. He so is!

Back to the real topic. It was obvious that Worf was drunk. I am wondering though- is that because it has a stronger effect on Klingons, or because Worf just drank more than everone else? :(

I think it may just have a stronger effect on Klingons. My theory is that Klingons acctually have a low alcohol tolerance. They think they're all though, but in reality, they can't hold their liquor.

I do not know- I once had a sip of vodka, just plain vodka, and I will never do that again. I just mention that because Mom and I were pretending to drink Romulan Ale, so she put blue food coloring in vodka. That was fun!

I don't think that Klingons can't hold their liquor. Remember the TNG episode when they rescued the Irish colonists, and then the scientist colonist (who were all a bunch of clones)? Worf introduced Klingon blood wine to one of the colonists who apparently found it to be extra strong.

Maybe Romulan ale has something in it that effects Klingons.

Maybe it's laced with "LDS"!

Maybe it's laced with "LDS"!

270687[/snapback]

I think you mean LSD

271290[/snapback]

That was a reference to The Voyage Home, where Kirk says that Spock had done a bit too much "LDS."

I once tried romulan ale some dude made at Dover peace conf it did kicked like mule but it`s sure was good :blink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:dude:Rommies Rule Feddies Drool :yahoo:

Sorry for a bit of thread necromancy, but now that I've started studying microbiolgy and fermentation (yeah, I'm majoring in beer, no joke), I have another two cents to add...with science! Here are my hypotheses.

One: Romulan yeast are beastly: The reason why non-distilled beverages (beer, wine, cider) peter out at around 15 or so % ABV is is because alcohol is toxic to the yeast and after a point they die off. The exception is if you're the Boston Beer Company and you made mutant yeast to create your 20% ABV beer. Whatever ferments Romulan ale may just have an extremely high tolerance, thus allowing the brewer to make a high-proof ale.

Two: There's more than alcohol in there: Kind of along the lines of how they used to think that the wormwood in absinthe caused hallucinations. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that perhaps there's some compound either from the ingredients or as a by product of fermentation that is also intoxicating.

Three: It's not an ale at all: I try to ignore this possibility because it breaks my brewmaster heart. Romulan ale could very well be misnamed and actually a distilled beverage.

Though, now I've got to thinking about brewing myself some Romulan ale. Hmmmm. Well, it'll have to wait until after my Pilsner, honey IPA, and Galway Hooker clone.

(yeah, I'm majoring in beer, no joke),
Well, it'll have to wait until after my Pilsner, honey IPA, and Galway Hooker clone.

Will you marry me?........... :P

Romulan Ale was said to be a pure grain alcohol, so its likely pretty close to a 95% bottle of Everlcear.

The recipe I have is;

3/4 Everclear

3/4 Triple Sec

3/4 Bacardi 151

3/4 Blue Curacao (or however you spell it!)

Its a recipe you have to be VERY careful with, as Everclear isnt even supposed to be mixed with other alcohol. Besides that, drink even much of it and you will be in the hospital.

Its supposed to be extremely potent and really only tolerable by Romulans to start with. Heck, even made Worf kinda blah when he had it =P

Romulan Ale was said to be a pure grain alcohol, so its likely pretty close to a 95% bottle of Everlcear.

The recipe I have is;

3/4 Everclear

3/4 Triple Sec

3/4 Bacardi 151

3/4 Blue Curacao (or however you spell it!)

Its a recipe you have to be VERY careful with, as Everclear isnt even supposed to be mixed with other alcohol. Besides that, drink even much of it and you will be in the hospital.

Its supposed to be extremely potent and really only tolerable by Romulans to start with. Heck, even made Worf kinda blah when he had it =P

I saw a recipe like that, but just minus the triple sec. It was 1/3 Everclear, 1/3 Bacardi 151, 1/3 Blue Curacao.