Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

Trills

ok.

I barley know anything at all about trills or symbiots.

I would like people to help me understand the things about Trills. Just what you would tell someone that doesn't know anything about them.

Help me to understand!

they have 2 sub-species - the hosts and the symbiots...

the symbiots have been in existance for thousands of years.....the hosts are like ordinary humans...

when the host joins the symbiot, the symbiot learns everything about the host and the symbiot gains another lifetime of experiences and memories.

No, the symbiote does not take over the host. It is a joining in which the original host keeps there personality, but will be influences by the symbiote as the host will be able to access all of the symbiotes memories from all of the past hosts.

The human like part of the species are run through a rigorious training and selection process as all of them are not able to be joined. It is considered an honor to be joined and only a small percentage of the population are actually selected.

Yes I agree that the Trills blend with the host, the host gets the menerys of the former host of the past years.

Trills aren't just like humans...they have spots.

I know the writers wrote the trill culture as it would be an honor to be a host but it makes no sense to me...why would anyone want a roommate in their stomach?

I always found it disturbing.

It would be an honor to recieve the memories and experiences from several deceased people, and provide a good home for a sentient being.

I would also consider it an honor, because it would be a shot a immortality as your memories and experiences would be passed on to the new host in the joining process, so therefore you would never be completely gone unless the symbiote died.

The question is how long does the symbiote live?

Trills are loving people. They share their experience with Symbionts to keep their history and culture is great. Being a trill would be alot of fun. The spots are to die for! lol. I can understand why Worf fell for Dax. lol.

Trills aren't just like humans...they have spots.

I know the writers wrote the trill culture as it would be an honor to be a host but it makes no sense to me...why would anyone want a roommate in their stomach?

I always found it disturbing.

99959[/snapback]

I feel the same way.I don't trust the symbionts.I think they exert a much greater influence over their host than has been reported.I mean look at the differences between the up-tight,bookish nerd Jadzia and Jadzia Dax....and then the almost immediate changes Ezri Tegan went through after being joined.

The truth is out there Trill people!Don't trust the symbionts!

:tomcat:

Destroy the little buggers!

I don't think the symbiants influence the host at all. It's the memories and experiences of a series of generations of people that the symbiant carries that inspire the host with confidence and determination.

Trill who wish to be joined with a symbiont must apply through the Symbiosis Commission. Only one in one thousand Trill are accepted. If selected, Trill go through a rigorous training program to prepare them to deal with the lifetimes of memory they will soon recieve. Jadzia Dax went through this program, but Ezri Dax did not.

Click For Spoiler
Ezri had no desire to be joined, but as she told Sisko, she was the only Trill on board the ship when something went wrong with the unjoined Dax symbiont (after Jadzia's death).
Because of her lack of training and preperation, Ezri had a difficult time adjusting to being joined.

I think that the symbionts can greatly influence their hosts.

Click For Spoiler
Just look at what happened when Verad tried to steal Dax's symbiont. After he was joined, he conversed extensively with Sisko (a total stranger to Verad, but as Dax had known Sikso through both Jadzia and Curzon). Another example, when Jadzi peformed the Rite of Closure to meet all her previous hosts, Odo agreed to temporarily host Curzon, and as a result of that union Curzon almost remained in Odo's body permanently.

I believe the purpose of the Trill host/symbiont relationship is twofold and mutually benefical. The symbionts, which are intelligent lifeforms, are also vulnerable, slug-like creatures ("small-soft bodied entities"). Being hosted by humanoid Trill offers them a means of communicating with unjoined Trill and other humanoid species, a certain amount of protection within the body of the host, and a vechicle to experience the universe outside of their pool habitats on the Trill homeworld. The humanoid hosts benefit from the knowledge and experience of several lifetimes they recieve when they join with the symbionts.

I find it interesting that while Dax and other Trill on DS9 have spots, the Trill on TNG Odan, who was briefly joined with Riker, had ridges instead.

If you'd like more information on Trill, I would suggest reading The Lives of Dax, and checking out these articles: StarTrek.com and Wikipedia.

:blush 2:I really don't know much about Trill physiology, but they have the most beautiful women in the ALpha Quadrant. I really can't recall seeing an ugly Trill.I do however, recall seeing how far their markings extend down their bodies though.

:blush 2:I really don't know much about Trill physiology, but they have the most beautiful women in the ALpha Quadrant. I really can't recall seeing an ugly Trill.I do however, recall seeing how far their markings extend down their bodies though.

If you want to see how far trill markings extend down just come visit me in the womens locker room.

If you want to see how far trill markings extend down just come visit me in the womens locker room.

And just where would i find this locker room of yours?