Sign in to follow this  
Cardie Fan

Examples of Cardassian Selflessness

Among other examples I could list,I'll mention the hard work and sacrafice of the Cardassian military and Obsedian Order in engaging and defeating the Maquis,a radical band of peace-hating outlaws who terrorized the worlds of the Demiliterized Zone for years.The Maquis were known for their savage and inhumane tactics,such as stealing and re-programming data gathering probes "Dreadnoughts" into horrible weapons which they directed at defenseless Cardassian settlements,seeding planetary atmosphere's with potentially lethal bioweapons harmful to Cardassians and reptilian-humanoid species in general,intimidation of non-military Cardassian settlers (often elderly,or females and children!),and harrassment of DMZ citizens who wished to live in peace with their Cardassian neighbors.So brutal were the Maquis that even the Starfleet of the Federation was forced to undertake strategic operations against them!

Another example would be the trade between Dozaria and Cardassia.Though the Dozarians,poor and backward as they are,have little the Cardassian people recquire,the central government of Cardassia Prime maintains a steady trade in order to help the fragile economy on Dozaria,at expense to Cardassia itself. :eek:

Thirdly,the stewardship of Bajor.The Cardassians were ultimately unable to help the Bajora bring a standardized level of civility and prosperity to Bajor,due largely to constant interference from a small band of murderous Bajoran terrorists.During the Cardassian presence on Bajor Terok Nor was built (a great feat of engineering) and programs were inacted to help shape the Bajora into a hard-working and self-sufficient people.

What other examples of Cardassian kindness can you contribute?

Lets not forget Garak's contributions!That guy is a sewing fool!Clothed half the quadrant I hear,at his own expense....or maybe the Nagus paid for it when he was under the influence of the prophets?Either way,Garak's the one that did all the work,eh? :lol:

And just this morning a Cardassian kid helped my cat down out of a peach tree (well,he looked Cardassian anyway :eek: ).

And what about you and your allies actions against my ex-Federation comrades hmmm.....you Cardassian

Click for Spoiler:

pigs

, you killed 150 of my closest friends

I am a Vulcan who is in the service of the phrophets, the phrophets will make you pay if you do not repent! Turn to the phrophets for guidence and they will guide you. May the phrophets guide you, trekzone, member of the marquis. -Vedict T'Son

SPOILERS FOR APOCALYPSE RISING

Click For Spoiler
Even though he did not stick around, Dukat did help Sisko, Worf, Odo, and O'brien into Klingon space to help expose "Gowron" as a Changeling. I think that was quite nice, considering what might have happened had they gotten caught.

Another example would be the trade between Dozaria and Cardassia.Though the Dozarians,poor and backward as they are,have little the Cardassian people recquire,the central government of Cardassia Prime maintains a steady trade in order to help the fragile economy on Dozaria,at expense to Cardassia itself. B)

92256[/snapback]

You do realize that there no Dozarians, don't you?

Dozaria is a barely Class-M planet. Dozaria was the planet where the Cardassian prison transport Ravinok was shot down by the Breen. They then killed your command crew and enslaved the prisoners. The mine was eventually shut down in 2372 when it was liberated by Bajoran Major Kira Nerys and Cardassian Gul Dukat (who was only there to kill his half bajoran daughter).

So there are no Dozarians with whom you could trade. Nice try.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Hey, I love Cardassians.

Very kind and pleasant people.

They gave the lazy Bajorans something to do by forc.....erm...."allowing" them to build Terok Nor, and they showed even more kindess by using them as slav...uh...."volunteer" workers.

Then, they also decided to pilla.....er...."borrow" the resources of Bajor.

Wonderful people. B)

For i think that they are greta people also who sometimes do dumb things. Don't we all do that sometimes!