Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Kings Speech

Has anyone else seen this movie? I wasn't sure exactly what the movie was about but I saw a commercial for it and it looked interesting so I got it and really enjoyed.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend getting it.

Has anyone else seen this movie? I wasn't sure exactly what the movie was about but I saw a commercial for it and it looked interesting so I got it and really enjoyed.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend getting it.

I watched this last night and it was much better than I thought it would be. I never really thought about stuttering before and how deeply it can affect those that suffer from it. It gave me a completely new perspective.

It didn't seem that interesting, but we saw it anyway, and loved it. Since I have a minor speech problem myself, I could easily relate to him.

We especially liked the "f***ity, f***ity, f***ity" bit. Personally, I find a long string of expletives much easier to say fast than a long string of regular words. :Hmmm...:

It didn't seem that interesting, but we saw it anyway, and loved it. Since I have a minor speech problem myself, I could easily relate to him.

We especially liked the "f***ity, f***ity, f***ity" bit. Personally, I find a long string of expletives much easier to say fast than a long string of regular words. :Hmmm...:

I had to laugh at the scene where he was really going off, then you hear from the other room... "Dad... what's going on in there??" lol

I went and saw it in the theater. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

It was very well acted and a compelling story without having to resort to violence or explosions to keep your attention. Plus historical so I felt like I was learning something.

I went and saw it in the theater. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

It was very well acted and a compelling story without having to resort to violence or explosions to keep your attention. Plus historical so I felt like I was learning something.

I knew some of the history in terms of his brother and the scandal that forced him off the throne but not much more than that so I really enjoyed the historical aspect of the movie.

I knew some of the history in terms of his brother and the scandal that forced him off the throne but not much more than that so I really enjoyed the historical aspect of the movie.

I found this interesting from IMDb:

The author, David Seidler suffered from a stammer as a child. Having heard George VI's wartime speech as a child, he (later in his adult life) had written to the Queen Mother asking for permission to use the King's story to create a film. The Queen Mother asked him not to during her lifetime, citing that the memories were too painful. Seidler respected her request.

I found this interesting from IMDb:

The author, David Seidler suffered from a stammer as a child. Having heard George VI's wartime speech as a child, he (later in his adult life) had written to the Queen Mother asking for permission to use the King's story to create a film. The Queen Mother asked him not to during her lifetime, citing that the memories were too painful. Seidler respected her request.

That is interesting, if I recall correctly she just died within the last few years.