Sign in to follow this  
Luvin1stdegree

Warning.....he's sneaky!

This is pretty long...sorry!

Some of you may be aware that when I joined this board, it was not actually a "Star Trek" board. That is the reason I joined it. Well, that and wanting to support VBG in his crazy endeavors. For those who do not know...I am not a Star Trek fan. In fact, science fiction is probably my least favorite genre of entertainment. Our fearless Federation President has spent the last 12 years accusing me of being a "Trekkie", a name I have vehemently denied. Well, the other night he decided to give me a little pop quiz on the ST culture. Much to my shock and horror, I think I passed it! Today at work I was thinking about the conversation that followed and I realized he had been scheming against me all along....so I emailed him my suspicions...here is his plan, as I see it.

(the following is my email to him)

Yep, your plan. At first I thought you had set it in motion just a few months ago but upon further thinking, I realized it all started much, much longer ago then that. Maybe even the first time we chatted. They way I figure it, you were surfing the net looking for an unsuspecting victim and you happened to find me on Sly's list and thought.....hmmm, she seems gullible.

So then we started chatting...and you told me all about your love of Elvis and Alabama and then you struck.....the first mention of Star Trek! I, of course, refused to be swayed. But you were persistent...I'll give you that. Over the course of the next 12 years you've managed to casually introduce Star Trek stories, references, themes, trivia, etc into our conversations. Little did I know what you were setting me up for. How naive I was then...even willing to watch most of TOS and several episodes of TNG, just trying to be fair and give the show a chance....why, I even watched some of the motion pictures!

All the while you were secretly plotting...developing a message board all about Star Trek and tricking me into signing up! Claiming it was really an "Alabama" board, how clever! I never guessed.....what a fool I was.....

As the years wore on, I had no clue how the Star Trek culture had seeped into my mind and got stuck there. Over and over I swore I was not a sci-fi fan. I was sure of it. But somehow, some way, that started to change. Slowly at first. So slowly that I wasn't even aware of what was happening inside my own head! You did it! You were controlling me! And I had no idea!

Then, when the time was right, and my unsuspecting mind was at it's weakest, you struck the final blow. You created the server......and gave me access....all the while knowing that you would put Survivor on there. And you knew I couldn't, wouldn't resist. I just had to watch. I couldn't stop myself. Not even when I knew I should. I should just turn off the pc and go to bed. After all, I had to work in the morning...but maybe just one more....the episodes are only 43 minutes long. It would take me at least that long to fall asleep anyway so why not? It didn't matter if I was sleepy the next day. It's not like my job is life or death, it's paper work for pete's sake. Who cares?? So up late I stayed, night after night, episode after episode...watching....being carelessly distracted by Colby.....and after a few short months you were ready to drop the axe.....

You knew I was ready for the test because you had been planning it for years! You prepped me by coercing me to stay up late, causing my sleep deprivation....and that is how you managed to get my defenses down and go in for the kill!!!

Imagine me, admitting to being a Trekkie?!?!?! (okay I didn't really admit to it, I just didn't deny it)

You scoundrel.......

Hey, all I know is when someone gets into an elevator at work and says "Bridge"... they're a Trekkie!

My work is done...

I do not say "bridge", I just think it.....And I wouldn't be thinking it if you hadn't told me that it was going to pop into my mind.

I think it is great! Being a Star Trek Fan, goes right along with being a Elvis and Alabama Fan ;)

Let's not forget that she knows that "The Force" is Star Wars and Darth Vader is Lukes father. I bet she even knows who R2D2 is...

Oh, and fully recognizes that Elvis is Everywhere...

I think it is great! Being a Star Trek Fan, goes right along with being a Elvis and Alabama Fan ;)

Let's not forget that she knows that "The Force" is Star Wars and Darth Vader is Lukes father. I bet she even knows who R2D2 is...

Oh, and fully recognizes that Elvis is Everywhere...

R2D2 is the little guy from Star Wars that kind of looks like a garbage can. He hung around with his golden buddy, C3PO.

Elvis is not everywhere. He was captured by aliens and they are trying to mate him with Bigfoot to repopulate the species.

Be very careful....you really don't want to get him started on Elvis.

For the record, Amy voluntarily watched all of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies that she watched. She emailed me one summer and said "Give me a list of movies to watch and I'll watch them all" (or words to that effect), fully knowing that both Trek and Star Wars movies would be on that list lol.

For the record, Amy voluntarily watched all of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies that she watched. She emailed me one summer and said "Give me a list of movies to watch and I'll watch them all" (or words to that effect), fully knowing that both Trek and Star Wars movies would be on that list lol.

He's right on this. He doesn't actually "make" me do anything. He just strongly suggests it over and over until I give in. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm forced to watch something I don't want to. I did agree to watch TOS and TNG (which I only watched some of because reruns were hard to find in my area at the time) and I think 3 or 4 of the movies. I watched I think 3 of the Star Wars movies as well. I didn't feel it was fair to say I didn't like the show without really giving it a chance.

I have to say that while I'm not as big a fan as everyone else seems to be, I have altered my opinion of the show since I met VBG. Twelve years ago if someone had told me to watch an episode I would have felt like I was being punished or tortured. I don't feel that way any longer. When I'm home channel surfing I don't stop on ST and watch it but if I was with friends and they wanted to see it I would watch it with them and even enjoy the story. But ST will never be a favorite....

A lot of this reminds me of my ex boyfriend and me about nine years ago. He kept nagging at me to finally watch TNG because it was his favorite show. I refused for weeks because I said I wasn't interested in "people on a starship wearing ridiculous-looking pajamas". ;)

I gave in after weeks and weeks of endless nagging, and well... seems I was interested after all. At least in one particular series and in one particular character. ^_^

A lot of this reminds me of my ex boyfriend and me about nine years ago. He kept nagging at me to finally watch TNG because it was his favorite show. I refused for weeks because I said I wasn't interested in "people on a starship wearing ridiculous-looking pajamas". ^_^

I gave in after weeks and weeks of endless nagging, and well... seems I was interested after all. At least in one particular series and in one particular character. ;)

Let me see, you like Deanna Troi, right? ;)

A lot of this reminds me of my ex boyfriend and me about nine years ago. He kept nagging at me to finally watch TNG because it was his favorite show. I refused for weeks because I said I wasn't interested in "people on a starship wearing ridiculous-looking pajamas". ^_^

I gave in after weeks and weeks of endless nagging, and well... seems I was interested after all. At least in one particular series and in one particular character. ;)

Let me see, you like Deanna Troi, right? ;)

Well yes. I do. ;) (To some extent, anyway. Nowhere near being my favorite, but she's alright. Liked her a lot more after she finally stopped whining and started to wear a uniform like everyone else.)

I know it's incredibly hard to guess who my favorite character is, it's not that I'm actually using my nickname in order to try and hint that I would marry him right away or anything... :P

A lot of this reminds me of my ex boyfriend and me about nine years ago. He kept nagging at me to finally watch TNG because it was his favorite show. I refused for weeks because I said I wasn't interested in "people on a starship wearing ridiculous-looking pajamas". :laugh:

Let me see, you like Deanna Troi, right? :Hmmm...:

Well yes. I do. :P (To some extent, anyway. Nowhere near being my favorite, but she's alright. Liked her a lot more after she finally stopped whining and started to wear a uniform like everyone else.)

I know it's incredibly hard to guess who my favorite character is, it's not that I'm actually using my nickname in order to try and hint that I would marry him right away or anything... :P

Wesley Crusher? :huh:

This is where I should go change your name to something to do with Wesley lol

A lot of this reminds me of my ex boyfriend and me about nine years ago. He kept nagging at me to finally watch TNG because it was his favorite show. I refused for weeks because I said I wasn't interested in "people on a starship wearing ridiculous-looking pajamas". :laugh:

Well yes. I do. :P (To some extent, anyway. Nowhere near being my favorite, but she's alright. Liked her a lot more after she finally stopped whining and started to wear a uniform like everyone else.)

I know it's incredibly hard to guess who my favorite character is, it's not that I'm actually using my nickname in order to try and hint that I would marry him right away or anything... ;)

Wesley Crusher? :P

He's a bit too young for my taste, actually - I prefer older men. :P

And no, while we're at it, it ain't Worf either. Too aggressive. Riker has too much hair in his face. Data's too unemotional and LaForge is too nerdy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who can it be... :huh: ;)

I know it's incredibly hard to guess who my favorite character is, it's not that I'm actually using my nickname in order to try and hint that I would marry him right away or anything... ;)

He's a bit too young for my taste, actually - I prefer older men. :P

And no, while we're at it, it ain't Worf either. Too aggressive. Riker has too much hair in his face. Data's too unemotional and LaForge is too nerdy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who can it be... :huh: ;)

I've got it! It's Mr. Mott! Here he's shown cutting some extra's hair...

02a2.jpg

You almost had it! Mot's a good guess - I like bald men. But he's a bit too... blue for my taste. lol And he talks too much. :Hmmm...:

You almost had it! Mot's a good guess - I like bald men. But he's a bit too... blue for my taste. lol And he talks too much. :Hmmm...:

lol Well, then I'm out of guesses... lol

lol Well, then I'm out of guesses... lol

Remember that bald dude who sat in the captain's chair from time to time when he wasn't busy with pacing around on the bridge? The short one who was always a bit grumpy? Deep voice, green eyes, huge hands? Granted, he's probably not much to remember, but that's the one I like.

A lot of this reminds me of my ex boyfriend and me about nine years ago. He kept nagging at me to finally watch TNG because it was his favorite show. I refused for weeks because I said I wasn't interested in "people on a starship wearing ridiculous-looking pajamas". :huh:

Let me see, you like Deanna Troi, right? :laugh:

Well yes. I do. ;) (To some extent, anyway. Nowhere near being my favorite, but she's alright. Liked her a lot more after she finally stopped whining and started to wear a uniform like everyone else.)

He's a bit too young for my taste, actually - I prefer older men. ;)

And no, while we're at it, it ain't Worf either. Too aggressive. Riker has too much hair in his face. Data's too unemotional and LaForge is too nerdy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who can it be... :P ;)

post-1-0-85961900-1303974911_thumb.jpg

:Hmmm...:

lol I couldn't resist.

lol I couldn't resist.

I had a good laugh at that, too. "Some extra". :laugh: