Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

New Skin and Board upgrade

The "black on gray" is in the "full editor" reply box. Clicking on the "fast reply' box sends me to the "full editor" box.

I just noticed that if I select white type, I can see what I'm typing.

*d'oh!*

*smacks forehead*

I'll look into that, it shouldn't be hard to read and I'm seeing something different on my screen for some reason. For me, the text area is white with black text

On the mobile skin it's pale gray with white text, impossible to read. I know we're still working on the mobile skin though.

OK, now the font, size, and color choices don't work. I can click on a font & get it, but when I click on a size, the font goes back to "Font". When I click on a color, the size goes back to "2'. When I click on white for my color choice, it doesn't work. Now I'm back to the hard-to-read "black on gray" in the reply box. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my netbook.

Edited by BakulaBabe

OK, now the font, size, and color choices don't work. I can click on a font & get it, but when I click on a size, the font goes back to "Font". When I click on a color, the size goes back to "2'. When I click on white for my color choice, it doesn't work. Now I'm back to the hard-to-read "black on gray" in the reply box. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my netbook.

Did they work before? I haven't made any changes.

The selections worked before - I could pick Century Gothic font, size 3, and white. Now when I click size 3, the font selection goes from Century Gothic to Arial. The size goes back to 2 after I click on a color. It's strange. I'll see if anything in my netbook needs upgrading tomorrow & see if that helps.

The selections worked before - I could pick Century Gothic font, size 3, and white. Now when I click size 3, the font selection goes from Century Gothic to Arial. The size goes back to 2 after I click on a color. It's strange. I'll see if anything in my netbook needs upgrading tomorrow & see if that helps.

That is strange because I haven't done any work on the skin for a couple days.

YAY! I got the color to work by not clicking in the reply box after I click on the color I want!

My netbook has been having problems with 1 or 2 functions at some websites, so this new problem is most likely due to something screwy with my netbook. At least I figured out how to get the color I want!

Firefox. I upgraded to Firefox 4 a few days ago. It might work differently with IE, though. My version is pretty old, so I'll have to upgrade it tomorrow & try it here.

I'm using IE now, and although the reply box is still gray, the font, size, and color are working as they should. The default text color is black, and on the gray background it's still hard to read.

The pages load more slowly with IE, but they scroll faster.

I'm not sure what it is but I can't see the text at all on BakulaBabe's posts on the mobile browser.

I was using Century Gothic font, size 3, and the color white (from the color chart above the reply box). Now I'm using the default font, size, and color. Can you see me now? ;)

Edited by BakulaBabe

Ah, white text would do it. The mobile skin is still on default for now so it's all light colors and the post area is white.

I'm using IE now, and although the reply box is still gray, the font, size, and color are working as they should. The default text color is black, and on the gray background it's still hard to read.

The pages load more slowly with IE, but they scroll faster.

Which version of IE? I don't know why but I have a white reply area.

reply.png

IIE 8. I'm not sure if it's the latest version.

It looks lie there's a gray box superimposed on top of the white reply box. There's a thin white border around the gray in the reply bnox.

For anyone having the issue of a black or grey typing field in any of the forums the following solution is offered.

Go into Your Settings, go to Posting Settings & Uncheck, (turn off) the following option.

Enable visual (RTE) editor Then click the Save Changes button.

Kevin continues looking for an 'automatic' fix for this problem but the above should solve the problem for now.

Hey, the drop down menu for the mobile version isn't a button anymore, just a small line. Too small to use on a touch screen. Not sure what changed but can we change it back?

Where are the gallery pics?

I have the Gallery and the Blog system offline right now. Those modules require a bit more work to make them work after the upgrade than I have the time to do at the moment. Once I've finished all of my finals for the spring semester I'll take care of those and put them back online.