Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A new DS9 convert

But why the hell would Shran have gone from being a Captain of his own ship to working under Archer at a lesser post? And what post would he have had anyway? Morale Officer? Everything was taken unless you got rid of someone.
They never said (on the DVD) what his position on the ship was going to be. Remember though, his ship had been destroyed and he said that it would probably be a long time before he ever got another one.

They'd probably have used that and brought him on as an adviser in a role similar to what T'Pol had. With that you'd see the beginnings of the Federation.

Thanks VBG I will watch it next Monday.

Did you ever get a chance to watch?

Talk about one long senior moment, but now I am on this like stink on skunk.

I got my friend into TNG and VOY, he got into TOS on his own, he doesnt really like ENT but thinks its ok, but refuses to get into DS9, the dominion war was the best trek ever..

I got my friend into TNG and VOY, he got into TOS on his own, he doesnt really like ENT but thinks its ok, but refuses to get into DS9, the dominion war was the best trek ever..

Has he ever watched DS9? Try to talk him into watching from start to finish, in order.

I am also a convert :superhappy: I started watching Star Trek as a kid, and back then I wasn't really into DS9. I loved Voyager (it's probably a good show for kids), I enjoyed some TNG here and there. But DS9 just wasn't my cup of tea. That doesn't mean I didn't watch it from time to time, but it never wowed me. These days I think DS9 is the best Trek they ever made, I guess at 13/14 I just wasn't ready for it. E.g. the Ferengi - I hated them back then. I thought that they were awful. Now I enjoy them immensely, my sense of humour must have changed drastically over the course of a decade. It's so funny to watch an episode that I had already seen at 13 and just compare my feelings and thoughts to those I had back then. And I know the Dominion war is a good storyline and all, but what makes DS9 special to me are the characters, they a multi-faceted, fleshed out - even the secondary characters.