Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

The Unicorn Hunter's review

I didnt' read any other reviews until I'd had a chance to see it.

Overall a great movie 3 out of 4 stars. It had lots of action, some humor and a couple of sentimental moments but it was definitely more of an action movie than a character movie.

Yes, it rewrote the history of the Star Trek universe - so they have a blank slate for sequels.

I thought Chris Pine did an exceptional job - the rest of the acting was fairly good.

Like the first Star Trek movie - it seemed a little too much time was spent in introducing the cast before they got down to the plot but it's still much better than most movies (Trek or non-Trek) that I've seen lately.

Click for Spoiler:

Since Spock was my favorite character it was a little harder to get used to the "New" Spock - the emotional, the having a thing with Uhura Spock. They incorporated it into the plot well though - loved that scene on the transporter pad

I look forward to the sequel.

I liked Chris Pine's portrayal of Kirk, but I liked the others also. I thought the acting was good. It could have been that I was so drawn in, looking for 'old friends' that I have not yet turned a critical eye. The acting made these characters alive once more to me.

I am going back to the theater one more time before I make myself wait for the DVD.