Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Reflections on ''The Final Reflection''

To me, this is one of the best Klingon st novels printed-at least, within my limited collection, relatively, of st books. This TOS novel has but a brief part with our heroes-but makes up for it, with a tale of a Klingon crew decades begore Jim T. went toe-to-toe with them. I first got my copy, oh, I think back in the early nineies, or before, and it remains a personal overall favorite. The Klingons here are so much more fleshed out, than a Classic ep has time for, and there are space battles, for those of us who can't resist a good slug-out in the void; there is intrigue Tom Clancy might appreciate, and for these now-legendary villains-turned honorable warriors who have made an indelible mark on Trekdom(and inspired many to adopt the Way of the Warrior!) there came an inside look at their homeworld, culture(including the Games they play) and language, uniquely created by TFR's fine late author, John M. Ford. And one can in this glimpse through the eyes, and adventures of Captain Krenn see these people, and in so doing see nobility, courage, and respect for even a 'mere human' through the wise Dr. Emanuel Tagore...who matched wits with Krenn in ways no Earthman-until Jon Archer, had before. It makes one wonder what happened to he, and the crew of Fencer...or even for another outing somewhere, within the vast boundaries of the Klingon Empire. Oh-and that little chess match with-well,for those who haven't yet read this book, I guess I'd best not divulge...so go find a copy-if you dare!