Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

The Changeling

After Nomad erased Uhura's memory, how long did it take her to re-trained back to the level of a Leutenant????

I don't think they said exactly, but it doesn't seem like it took very long. She was up to college level by the time Nomad self-destructed. I think McCoy commented that she would be ready for duty within a few weeks.

I don't think they said exactly, but it doesn't seem like it took very long.  She was up to college level by the time Nomad self-destructed.  I think McCoy commented that she would be ready for duty within a few weeks.

That's a bit mad!

Yeah, you gotta love how the can remember everything again in a weej... just in time for the next episode. Just like "The doctor" did after they had to return him to his original programing. lol.

TOS037.jpg

When Nurse Chapel was reeducating Uhura she had difficulty sounding out words, and began speaking in Swahili out of frustration. Chapel then encouraged her, by telling her to speak it in English, not Swahili. Which could give you the impression that not all of her memory was erased, but at any rate its not totally clear and Uhura learning that much so rapidly is to say the least pretty amazing.

tn_nomad_uhura_chris.jpg

Edited by DaboGirl

The way she not only learned everything again, but also regained her memories, says to me that it wasn't a re-education so much as a re-integration of everything that was originally in her brain before it got wipes. Which would imply that they had a copy of it somewhere (in the transporter?), but how else would she get her memories of relationships and friends and family back?

It was a bit dramatic but then TOS episodes always were. A neighbours' feud was a Planetary War; a computer on an ancient planet was always millions of years old; etc etc. So rather than Uhura just forgetting names for example, or something - she had to have her entire brain wiped clean. And then re-learn everything in a week that it took her 30 odd years to develop in the first place. Like a Micro-meal. Ping! I'm done...

I don't think they said exactly, but it doesn't seem like it took very long. She was up to college level by the time Nomad self-destructed. I think McCoy commented that she would be ready for duty within a few weeks.

How long did she stay at the drunken horny sorrority chick stage?

How long did she stay at the drunken horny sorrority chick stage?

I am going to guess 2yrs 7mo and 23days.