Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

A little Trill in all of us...

After I moved across the country, I started seeing the Trill in a new dimension. Quite simply, the basis of Dax in DS9 seems to be this character with all these past lives, who keeps drawing on their experiences as she (its current host) goes on. And I got to thinking, we make radical changes in our day to day living. We go to school, we graduate. We get a job, we change jobs. Some of us join the armed forces (nod to VBG :angry: ) and return to civilian life. So we all have these 'past lives' upon which we can draw experience.

It makes sense. I wish I had thought of it!

So true. Its an (according to my more well read up best friend) existensial frame of thought. It is actuall one I carry normally. We all have lives which is in popular thought, thought of as one journey. However, I feel that we acctually have many separate journeys which make the bigger picture, sorta like a jigsaw puzzle or a building in a picxture of a skyline say, take one part out of either and it is a radically different effect.

That thought also is the reason why ever 8 or so months I sit still and take stock of my own life, see what I have done, where I am going and what I do and don't like aabout my life to change it. Its a key reason why depression doesn't seem to rear its head as large as it used to.

The more I think about it, the more I think that, in a way, everyone is a Trill. For example, Jadiza used experience form Dax's past lives to solve problems in her present life, whether they be personal or professional. We can use the experience of our parents, grandparents, ect, to help solve out problems of today. and our experience will help out next generation.

We can use the experience of our parents, grandparents, ect, to help solve out problems of today. and our experience will help out next generation.

But Next Generation ended in the early '90s, and they only had Trill in one episode - and it didn't even have spots.

We can use the experience of our parents, grandparents, ect, to help solve out problems of today. and our experience will help out next generation.

But Next Generation ended in the early '90s, and they only had Trill in one episode - and it didn't even have spots.

That was because he was the last of the Trills that came from the Trill "Augment" failure. They never were able to make "augments" but a side effect of the attempt was that some of them "lost their spots". Through multiple generations though, the spots game back....

Ok, so I'm reaching there... but it worked for the Klingons...

Great point. :)

Thank you :laugh:

I meant OUR next generation, our children, and children's children, not the show :frusty:

Edited by Spike The Trill

The wisdom of our grandparents is a legacy, and a noble one, a thread, leading onward and onward....I think now of my Mom's Mom, who was a wonderful person, who raised a fine daughter-both of whom I unfortunately don't have any longer.

The answers to todays problems lie in the past. Someone, some time in the past, experienced some thing similar to what each and every one of us is experiencing. We need only use that experience as guidance. I know I've done that quite a few times.