Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wishfire

Star Trek: Survivor

So, I brought this I idea up with admin, and was told to run it by everyone to see how everone would think about it, so here's my idea for Star Trek: Survivor.

I tried this idea over at the ST.com boards, but many of the people there are rather fickle, so it popped into my head that it might be a fun "contest" of sorts here at this board.

The basic idea it that we get several members here to be the survivors. I was thinking 8, maybe 6. Also, an admin and/or mod thrown into the mix would be fun.

After we have the survivors, we'd choose a location (desert planet, ocean planet, ice planet, etc.)

Once we have our group of survivors and a location, people would submit scenarios with which they'd have to deal with. Out of the submissions, one per period (I'm not sure whether the period should be a day, three days, or a week) is chosen. The survivors then have to describe what they would do to get through the scenario.

The members of this site would then vote on the various survivors' ideas (without knowing who said what). At the end of the voting period, the person with the least votes gets booted.

Then a new scenario is introduced, and it begins again, until only one person is left. That person is THE survivor.

The members of this site would then vote on the various survivors' ideas (without knowing who said what). At the end of the voting period, the person with the least votes gets booted.

So would the survivors be PM'ing you their scenarios and you reposting them, or would they just post them on a thread. I ask this because of the statement "without knowing who said what"

Outside of that question it sounds interesting. I do not know how much I will be online in the coming weeks, so it may be difficult for me to participate (I will be out of town on a few weekends for music jobs and dance competition).

So would the survivors be PM'ing you their scenarios and you reposting them, or would they just post them on a thread. I ask this because of the statement "without knowing who said what"

353159[/snapback]

Yeah, they'd PM me. Also, each person would be designated "Person 1," "Person 2," etc. That way, I could repost saying, "Player so-and-so said this..." And each poll option would simply be the word "player" and there number. And throughout the contest, each person would retain the same player number. To avoid confusion.

Outside of that question it sounds interesting. I do not know how much I will be online in the coming weeks, so it may be difficult for me to participate (I will be out of town on a few weekends for music jobs and dance competition).

Well, if this goes well maybe there'll be more. Something like "Star Trek Survivor: Andoria" followed by "Star Trek Survivor: Quo'nos" and then "Star Trek Survivor: Vulcan" etc., etc. :lol:

Sounds interesting. I think maybe you should give the players a fake name - like it it's an ice planet name then snowflake, icicle, etc. doesn't really mean anything just sounds less dull than player a :lol:

Would real world laws of physics are Star Trek physics apply?

The basic idea it that we get several members here to be the survivors. I was thinking 8, maybe 6. Also, an admin and/or mod thrown into the mix would be fun.

353079[/snapback]

If you need a mod/admin, I'll volunteer if you don't already have one on board.

Sounds interesting.  I think maybe you should give the players a fake name - like it it's an ice planet name then snowflake, icicle, etc.  doesn't really mean anything just sounds less dull than player a :lol:

Would real world laws of physics are Star Trek physics apply?

353192[/snapback]

Star Trek laws, though it wouldn't really matter. Every scenario is going to be based on having to survive with what they have around them.

are you gonna host it here?

Or get a Proboard?

353446[/snapback]

I already have a Proboard. (See my signature.)

However, the contest will be hosted here, at STF.net. Assuming, of course, that it goes forward.

I'd play, but I would always suggest killing everything. :lol:

353484[/snapback]

Funny. :P :blink: Sorry, killing another player wouldn't be an option. Each scenario would be played as if you're all by yourself.

I think it might be a good idea opening up another proboards account purely for this game

much better

353515[/snapback]

Why do you think that? Also, doing that would mean that everyone would have to sign up for new accounts at a new board, and many of the people would have to do so just to vote. It wold be much easier for everyone if it was kept here.

I think it might be a good idea opening up another proboards account purely for this game

much better

353515[/snapback]

Why do you think that? Also, doing that would mean that everyone would have to sign up for new accounts at a new board, and many of the people would have to do so just to vote. It wold be much easier for everyone if it was kept here.

353556[/snapback]

I like the idea of it being here at this board.

If it does go forward and I have the time, I may participate :lol:

Okay, in a couple more days I'm going to report back what everyone said. So there's about a dozen people who like the idea, and no one dislikes it.

Opinions, people! Especially those who haven't given one yet. :inlove:

Since we are going ahead with ST: Survivor I'm closing this thread. Make sure you vote in wishfire's polls regarding scenarios for the contestants.