Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek Nemesis

What rating would you give "Star Trek Nemesis"?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Star Trek Nemesis"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

PRODUCTION NUMBER: 010

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 12.13.2002

STARDATE: 56844.9

Technology:

auto destruct

emergency transporter armbands

Place:

Betazed

Earth

Romulus

Alien:

Betazoids

Dominion, the

Ship:

Enterprise-E, U.S.S.

Romulan warbird

Character:

Beverly Crusher

Commander Donatra

Data

Deanna Troi

Dr. Noonien Soong

Geordi La Forge

Jean-Luc Picard

Kathryn Janeway

Shinzon

William Riker

Worf

This one the best of all the movies, IMHO. I don't care what everyone else thinks, it was awesome! The only thing i hated was that Data died. :P Anyway, i give it a 5

I rated this movie a 4 out of five. It was a pretty good film, I will forever be upset with the ending(Data's death, of course)... but it did not completely spoil this movie for me.

Opening with an assassination of Romulans at the Romulan Senate shows this to be more exciting than its predecessor “Insurrection”. Nemesis is an underrated film that only recently has gained the respect it deserved all along. I always felt that this film had a good sense of balance between humor (Data singing “Blue Skies” and Worf objecting to being nude at the Betazed wedding), action (the dune buggy scene and the Enterprise ramming into the Simitar for example), and drama (the tragic end of the film).

The story of Nemesis has always interested me, in a way, both Data and Picard have met there twins, one being good, one being evil. The villain Shinzon is very interesting and worthy opponent for Picard see he is he. No one can beat you at your own game better than yourself. B4 had a child quality that I had sympathy for. Never understanding what was going on, only doing what he was told, not intentionally bad. So I feel for his character. Both Shinzon and B4 force us to ask the question of what our lives would have been like if things had been different.

Two parts of the film really stick out in my mind that make this film excellent, mainly dealing with the ramming of the Enterprise into the great Simitar ship, a very dramatic scene that was pulled off perfectly. The Reman ship the Simitar is quite impressive and proves most formidable to the Enterprise. Another scene that caught my attention was when Troi probed into the Viceroy’s mind to discover the location of the Simitar, well done! Of course, seeing Admiral Janeway was a thrill for me since I loved the TV series Voyager. It is nice to see her character at such a great position.

Nemesis had some of the best acting I have seen out of the TNG crew, and I love TNG. When Riker is fighting the Viceroy in the last battle between the two, you can literally see the fear in Riker’s at not knowing where the enemy was hiding. The chemistry between Picard and Shinzon was electric; you can feel the hostility just by watching the two peer into each others eyes.

And yes, this is the tragic film in which this is the death of Data, a very quite moment with the only words spoken being “Good Bye”. This is indeed a sad scene, not so much of his death, but his memorial service when they are discussing Data even now brings tears to my eyes. But there is comfort that B4 at least has some of Data left in him.

Overall, this is a great film which is finally getting praise by fans for being so. Only the future will tell if this becomes even more popular than it is, and I believe it will. As I watched Picard leave his office and stride down the hall for what could be the last time we see, I realized something, if this is indeed the last TNG movie, it was definitely a good high class film to go out on.

**** ½ out of *****

Like as previous, I thought it was fairly good, I loved the dune buggy scene.

I literly chucked my remote control into hte wall when I saw Data get blown into space dust!

I loved this movie and cannot wait to own the Special Edition, but if Data, my favorite character I'm not in love with, had survived and Picard had died I think it would have been more meaningful. LONG LIVE DATA!

This one the best of all the movies, IMHO. I don't care what everyone else thinks, it was awesome! The only thing i hated was that Data died. :naughty: Anyway, i give it a 5

327671[/snapback]

i agree, one of my Favorite, I even think I like it more then FC,(im sick of time traveling) it was an awsome action flick, and a totally different opening then ever before, a nice change of pace, and Im glad its gettting respect in the Trek Community I always Knew it deserved

I loved this movie and cannot wait to own the Special Edition, but if Data, my favorite character I'm not in love with, had survived and Picard had died I think it would have been more meaningful. LONG LIVE DATA!

350468[/snapback]

ooh, I aggree

Data was a much more meaningfull character.

Though Picard was good and easily the most "brought out" character, he wouldn't have been missed so much.

wait. wait!. WAIT!!!!!!!!!

there's a special edition coming out??????????????????????????????

OMGOMGOMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I enjoyed this movie very much except for a couple of things.

The first is when they find B4. It happens a lot where the Enterprise just happens to be in the right place in a large galaxy at the right time. They could have come up with a better explanation on finding the android parts.

The second thing is the lack of use of the other characters. As is the case in recent movies the focus is for the most part on Data and Picard. This one does have some content for Riker and Troi but what about the rest?

Star Trek:Nemesis

-----------------------

It Gets a 5 from me

+ a triple Bonus of Admiral Janeway/Guinan/Wesley Crusher at least in the end credits

and the possible Swan Song of the TNG films going out in a Blaze of Glory -Data

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Although it is far from my favorite Trek movie, I enjoyed Nemesis. I think a lot more could have been done with Shinzon. Also, I didn't like the introduction of the Remans. There has never been any mention of the Romulans sharing a world with another race. Doesn't mean it can't happen. I just think they were playing with canon a bit too much with this. As for Data, I'm not convinced he is dead. No parts have been found. I believe his disembodied head is floating around space just waiting to be attached to B4's body. :nono:

3. My big problem with the Remans is that in TNG, and alluded to is TOS, that Romulans and Vulcans were the sister species and that Romulus and Vulcan are sister planets, and thus the Remans show plain laziness on the part of the writers. Data's death killed off the possibility of another TNG movie, unless B-4 was to, with Data's memories downloaded, suddenly have an identity crisis, but it's still not the same. I didn't see Wesley, but I'll look again before I return the video. Still, lots of good action, writing was decent, thought Shinzon was a little contrived, but they still made it work, especially the actor. B-4's character and backstory REALLY needed to be better written.

Not a bad movie, but not a great one either.

As an action movie Nemesis was good, as a Star Trek movie it was mediocre. The best part of the movie was the running dune buggy chase and battle. I'm guessing that they were looking for a movie to attract fans of the action movie genre and failed at it considering the lackluster box office performance and lack of fan support. I gave it a 3.

The movie had some interesting highs and lows for me:

Highs

1) The dune buggy running battle and chase (Was somebody watching reruns of The Rat Patrol?)

2) Data bites the dust (I have wanted Data and Wesley Crusher dead since the series)

3) Picard's best man toast

4) Mister Troi..... Nuff said!!! LOL

5) Data.....shut up!!

Lows

1) ANOTHER!!!! Data (wasn't Lor enough for them)

2) Data sings

3) I was REALLY REALLY looking forward to the wedding on Betazed (Dr.Crusher and Deanna Troi only)

4) Picard clone

5) The texture/paint job on the Enterprise E

6) The Romulan/Reman conflict was not handled well

I gave the movie a 3, it wasn't really very well written and was a poor send off to The Next Generation cast

This one was a good movie, I gave it a 4. I liked how the ending was as solemn as "All good things. . ."

I loved the the scene with the bridge being struck by weapons fire. AMAZING!

Picard does his "solemn duty" speech which turns out to be a best man speech (ho ho ho) which rang of Riker's speech re Worf's promotion at the start of Generations. Data's double turns up - again! I can't believe Troi got mind raped again! What is it with her? Picard drones on about Picard family history - again! and what a dreamer he was. The ship gets wrecked.

I don't know what is was about this movie - it just seemed a bit unoriginal. Same old same old.

3 out of 10.

Come back kids playing in the straw on the planet of eternal youth - all is forgiven!

Sign in to follow this