Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Alice

What rating would you give "Alice"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Alice"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 226

Season: 6 Episode: 5

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 10.20.1999

Stardate: Unknown

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Claire Rankin as Alice (voice)

John Fleck as Abaddon

Creative Staff:

Director: David Livingston

Teleplay By: Bryan Fuller & Michael Taylor

Story By: Juliann deLayne

Related Items:

None

Interesting episode. Paris finds a shuttle he falls in love with at a space dump, and no one voices concern over the neural interface (kind of like what Adm. Janeway had in "Endgame") until Paris starts acting funny. Such as stealing parts from other parts of the ship to get his shuttle space-ready. Alice is the name of the AI on the shuttle.

Two interesting points here. At the end (this isn't a spoiler) Torres gives Paris a "get well card" from Naomi Wildman. Why would she give him a get well card? Since she's been a child (as opposed to a baby) numerous crew members have been injured... no get well card. After a couple seconds it occurred to me. Because Paris let her fly the Delta Flyer back to Voyager a few episodes back. That HAS to be why. Otherwise the scene is useless... If you ask me they made a point to show that she appreciated that beyond falling asleep in his lap on the way back. Second point, Alice is the name of the AI... There is an AI in development called Alice. Google "Alicebot" sometime. There are a few clients you can download. I did this maybe 1-2 years ago... the program is like a chat or IM program, but you're talking to the AI. Very cool. It's not as smart as, say, the Doctor, but for being some 300 years prior to the 24th century, it's pretty advanced. :P

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
WeAreAlice.jpg

That badly edited picture explains it all. Or not. I just think it's cool. We are Alice. We are one. A creepy episode. Another case of a robot who can think and endangers either one or all of the Voyager crew. I guess Data is the only good AI. Very good episode either way.

3. An obsessive woman who just happens to be a ship too. Reminds me a little of some of the girls I've met before. (not trying to be offensive or funny, it's true) I liked the line from B'Elanna about the other woman though. Cute stuff altogether, but only average, really.

Sign in to follow this