Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Tuvix

What rating would you give "Tuvix"?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Tuvix"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 140

Season: 2 Episode: 24

DVD Disc: 6

Air Date: 05.06.1996

Stardate: 49655.2

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

Tom Wright as Tuvix

Simon Billig as Hogan

Bahni Turpin as Swinn

Creative Staff:

Director: Cliff Bole

Teleplay By: Kenneth Biller

Story By: Andrew Shepard Price & Mark Gaberman

Related Items:

orchid planet

cooling unit

Trellan crepes

I honestly cried when Captain Janeway forced Tuvix to be destroyed.

I didn't aggree with it, I thought it might have been possible to maybe......

Copy Tuvix and re-create Neelix and Tuvok from him, having 3 beings.

I was also really suprised with the captains response to him. She was way too angry.

Very suprising for her

Not as bad of an episode I thought it was going to be. It was very sad and a bit disturbing, also.

I was also really suprised with the captains response to him. She was way too angry.

Very suprising for her

Nothing Janeway said or did surprised me. She's the most bi-polar captain of any of the series.

I also didn't agree with destroying Tuvix. Far as I was concerned it was an act of murder.

Why didn't the thought of keeping Tuvix and remaking Tuvok and Neelix ever surface?

3 happy beings!

The writers definetly should ahve brought that into the light

If you're talking about the way both Rikers were made, I have also thought about that theory.

If you're talking about the way both Rikers were made, I have also thought about that theory.

That was a fluke, though. It was due to a naturally occurring field surrounding Nelvana III. The transporter has created duplicates in the past but they were never on purpose and not exactly available to Voyager.

While splitting Tuvix to save Tuvok and Neelix may be murdering Tuvix, allowing him to live is murdering Tuvok and Neelix.

The chief surprise for me is that even though I'm the 7th original poster to this thread, I'm only the fifth vote! I give it a 4. Another good example of choosing what's right (having two beings whom were only liked by a select few) versus what's popular (one being who was well-liked by pretty much everyone). The relationship dynamics were great, especially the complications between Tuvix and Kes. Tom Wright was impressive acting as the amalgamate. He really brought Tuvix alive as part of Neelix and Tuvok. A touching episode, indeed. The simplicity of the remedial transport (in terms of how simple they made it look once they implemented it), and the way Janeway's character was written...those were the drawbacks of the episode for me.

I thought it was Ok, but nothing great.

I hate the Transporter Accident Episodes.

But that's just me.

That was a fluke, though. It was due to a naturally occurring field surrounding Nelvana III. The transporter has created duplicates in the past but they were never on purpose and not exactly available to Voyager.

While splitting Tuvix to save Tuvok and Neelix may be murdering Tuvix, allowing him to live is murdering Tuvok and Neelix.

But they were already dead

I liked the episode but I didn't agree with the captain's decision. :laugh:

Quote (Manveru @ Oct 3 2005 5:59 A.M.)

Very suprising for her

It was an impossible decision for Janeway but she made the right one. The situation had to be corrected. I, too, would have loved to see a solution where all three beings survive but I can't see how that would have been possible.

Archer faced a similar situation in "Similtude"

I gave it a 5. Neat premise and the moral dilemma that Janeway faced was a fascinating insight into her ethics and to a lesser degree her command style. Heartbreaking ending, but things were put back into order. <_<

I gave it a 5. Neat premise and the moral dilemma that Janeway faced was a fascinating insight into her ethics and to a lesser degree her command style. Heartbreaking ending, but things were put back into order. <_<

Great episode, gave it a 5. I don't think I ever cried so hard during a Voyager ep. Absolutely loved the "interaction" between Neelix and Tuvok and the saddest part was separating the two in the end.

I have never seen this episode so I havent voted till I have seen it I have seen very little of Voyager since I only have about 10 or so videos for various seasons. However I believe the Janeway should have thought more about destroying this Tuvix as she is a captain of the federation and it should have been a hard decision and from what I heard she made the decision without weighing the concept of everything else. She is my least favourite captain I think they chould have had Chakotay or someone else as captain

I loved it! I give it a 5.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was getting rid of Tuvix.

If they could have kept him around somehow... He had lots of potential.

2646087173_617f54d719.jpg

I havent watched this episodeso I havent voted but in reponse to the comment about murdering Neelix and Tuvok. What Janeway killed was a new species and the only one of it's kind so she caused the extinction of a species.

They could have just stored Tuvix's pattern in the transporter's pattern buffer; then gone ahead and separated out the two separate patterns for Tuvok and Neelix and restored them, before recreating Tuvix from the stored pattern using some stored biomass or something.

I just don't think they tried hard enough for a problem that wasn't that difficult to solve.

Transporters are a bit skee-whiff when it comes to ethics and so forth. The Transporter essentially killed Tuvok and Neelix - no one was to blame. As a result it created Tuvix. Janeway and co, however, were then personally responsible for killing Tuvix. There was no accident there. They committed murder to help their friends. They proceeded without informed consent. The man was crying! For pitty's sake.

This Ultilitarianism doesn't wash. The good of the many outweighs the good of the one. Nonsense.

What other annoying combinations of crew members could there be? Paris and Harry - Harris Tim? Seven and Janeway - Jevenway? Chakotay and ... oh you get the point!

I loved the episode and gave it a 5. The most challenging part of the episode to me was that it seemed that Tuvix would be able to live on, in Tuvok and Neelix. I actually agree with the captain's decision, and I am glad that Janeway finally put the good of her actual crew before the good of some other entity (Caretaker, Endgame (almost), to name a few). She had been the anti-Kirk up until this point, following protocol, not firing weapons when possible, and helping others to a fault. Her anti-Kirk nature made this dilemma all the more difficult for Janeway, but she finally made the best choice for her crew. All of these elements made this episode so good.

Sign in to follow this