Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

The Game

What rating would you give The Game?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give The Game?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 5

Episode #: 6

Production #: 206

Episode Name: The Game

Original Air Date: 10.28.91

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Katherine Moffat as Etana Jol

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Ashley Judd as Ensign Robin Lefler

Diane M. Hurley as Woman

Director: Corey Allen

Teleplay By: Brannon Braga

Story By: Susan Sackett, Fred Bronson, and Brannon Braga

Related Items:

Psychotropic addiction

serotonin

Oceanus IV

Endeavour, U.S.S.

Ktarians

chili sauce

Tarvokian pound cake

Ktarian vessel

Risa

Admittedly, this episode is pretty dumb.

I mean seriously. The Ktarians expected to take over the Federation with a stinking game???

Starfleet should have just pointed at them and laughed.

I'll give this a point, and this is ONLY because Ashley Judd was in this episode and she's just too damn cute and adorable not to award her a Royal Review Point.

BTW- Do they really expect us to believe that Ashley Judd could fall for Wesley Frickin Crusher???

YEAH RIGHT!!! :assimilated:

Rating = 1 Ashley Judd Point.

In my opinion, Robin Lefler is the most attractive character in the Trek universe with Ezri Dax taking second. I like a few of Judd's movies, and she is cute, but Lefler herself is so lovely and pure that it's amazing to me. I don't want to go into much detail about what I did with Paramount, but let's just say that it is the one episode of TNG I wish I had been there on site to watch the filming.

Another Wesley Crusher saves the day epsisode, this time with his sidekick, Robin Lefler. Ashley Judd is one of the few good points about this episode. Lefler is a character that should have been brought back occassionally but without having a crush on Wesley.

This is the only episode of TNG to give me a nightmare, as a kid. It was a weird dream, too.

Anyhoo, this episode was an attempt at critiquing our way of life in that we are absorbed in our need for entertainment. Despite the science and sci-fi that makes it seem more like a case of substance abuse, this episode is an observation and has proven somewhat prophetic of our sedentary (sp?) lifestyle where we give top priority to leisure and entertainment. "Amusing Ourselves To Death" as the book title says.

Ashley Judd was beautiful and acted well in this episode, sure I'll say it. Other than Wesley saving the day, the drawback of this episode was to see how the addicts themselves became pushers. That was a hard sell, and while the cast did well with it, it didn't work completely.

Sign in to follow this