Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Redemption, Part I

What rating would you give Redemption, Part I?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Redemption, Part I?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 4

Episode #: 26

Production #: 200

Episode Name: Redemption, Part I

Original Air Date: 06.17.91

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Robert O'Reilly as Gowron

Tony Todd as Kurn

Gwynyth Walsh as B'Etor

Barbara March as Lursa

Ben Slack as K'Tal

Nicholas Kepros as Movar

J.D. Cullum as Toral

Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan

Tom Ormew as Klingon First Officer

Clifton Jones as Helmsman

Denise Crosby as Sela

Director: Cliff Bole

Written By: Ronald D. Moore

Related Items:

Beta Thoridar

Hegh'ta

Klingons

Romulans

Awesome.

Brilliant.

Perfect.

Superb.

Wonderful.

As you can tell, I frickin loved this episode, both parts.

A Klingon Civil War, intrigue, conflict, dark themes and tone, conspiracies, combat.

This one had everything I could ask for in a Star Trek episode.

IMO, this is the BEST TNG episode, bar NONE.

Rating = Obviously it gets a 5.

A Gold Standard episode and a Special Diamond Award for being the best episode of the series.

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

a 5 episode! Some tivia from Memory Alpha wiki:

Memorable Quotes:

"I do not hear the words of traitors." - Gowron, to Worf

"Your blood will paint the way to the future." - Gowron, to the potential followers of Toral

"We should not discount Jean-Luc Picard yet. He is human, and humans have a way of showing up when you least expect them." - Sela

"You have manipulated the circumstances with the skill of a Romulan. My decision will be announced tomorrow at high sun. Excellent tea. Good day, ladies." - Jean-Luc Picard

"I practice at level 14."

"I guess I could come down to that level for a while. Begin program." - Worf and Guinan

Background Information

This episode marks the 100th episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and is also the fourth season finale.

LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) and Gates McFadden (Beverly Crusher) only appear in the final scene and have no dialogue in this episode.

In 1991, former President Ronald Reagan visited the set during filming of this episode. After being introduced to several actors dressed in full Klingon warrior garb, Reagan was asked what he thought of the Klingons. "I like them," he said. "They remind me of Congress."

This episode introduces the Duras sisters, Lursa (Barbara March) and B'Etor (Gwynyth Walsh), both of whom would appear several times during the show's run. They would also appear in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Past Prologue" and are ultimately responsible for the destruction of the USS Enterprise-D in Star Trek Generations.

The character of Sela is the daughter of Tasha Yar from an alternate timeline created in the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise". Sela is played by Denise Crosby, who played Yar in that episode and the first season of TNG. Sela returned in "Redemption II", "Unification I", and "Unification II".

It's odd that Guinan mentions her bet with Captain Picard about making Worf laugh before he became a lieutenant commander, since Guinan made Worf laugh in the opening scene of "Yesterday's Enterprise", after Guinan said that there are some women aboard the Enterprise who might find him tame.

Gowron states that "women may not serve on the council", but in the same production year we see Chancellor Azetbur in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country who is the daughter of former Chancellor Gorkon.

Guest Stars:

Robert O'Reilly as Gowron, Tony Todd as Kurn, Barbara March as Lursa, Gwynyth Walsh as B'Etor,

Ben Slack as K'Tal, Nicholas Kepros as Movar, J.D. Cullum as Toral

Special Guest Star Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan

Uncredited Co-Stars: Denise Crosby as Sela

Edited by trekz

Sign in to follow this