Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Data's Day

What rating would you give Data's Day?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Data's Day?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 4

Episode #: 11

Production #: 185

Episode Name: Data's Day

Original Air Date: 01.07.91

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Rosalind Chao as Keiko O'Brien

April Grace as Transporter Technician

Sierra Pecheur as T'Pel

Alan Scarfe as Mendak

Shelly Desai as V'Sal

Director: Robert Wiemer

Teleplay By: Harold Apter and Ronald D. Moore

Story By: Harold Apter

Related Items:

Galvin V

autosequencers

transporter carrier wave

Devoras

Adelphus IV

Feline supplement 74

This was a nice pleasant episode which showed general life aboard the ship mixed with the subplot of the Romulan spy and the impending marriage of Chief and Keiko. I always enjoy this episode whenever I see it.

BTW- Chief and Keiko stayed married throughout the rest of TNG and all the way through DS9 having two children during that period. At the end of DS9, they were STILL happily married.

Awesome.

Rating = 5

This is among my favorite Data episodes and was very enjoyable because we got to see more of the Enterprise. For me it is a 5. Some trivia from Memory Alpha:

This episode includes the marriage of Miles and Keiko, was the first appearance of Keiko, & of Spot the cat.

This was the first appearance of several locations aboard the Enterprise-D including the arboretum, the barbershop, the nursery and the replicating center.

The replicating center is a partial redress of the bridge of the USS Enterprise as seen in the first three movies.

Picard mentions ship captains "since the days of wooden sailing ships" as having the ability to legally marry couples. According to the Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion, it was a reference to TOS: "Balance of Terror" in which Kirk says very similar lines in the wedding scene in that episode's teaser.

The appearance of the pads on the transporter platform is inconsistent throughout this episode. In some scenes, the border lines around each pad are more pronounced than they are during others. This is because the set was being redressed for use in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. The thicker black border lines seen in that film were kept in for the rest of the series.

Gates McFadden and Brent Spiner both stated that they did their own dancing in this episode, except for one overhead shot where Spiner requested a double, as he did not feel confident enough to pull it off. McFadden did the choreography, as she was a well-known Hollywood choreographer long before Next Generation.

This episode marks the first night watch seen on screen.

Sign in to follow this