Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Borderland

What rating would you give "Borderland"?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Borderland"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 080

Season: 4 Episode: 4

Air Date: 10.29.2004

Mission Date: May 17, 2154

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Brent Spiner as Dr. Arik Soong

Alec Newman as Malik

Abby Brammell as Persis

Joel West as Raakin

Big Show as Orion Slaver #1

Dave Power as Pierce

J.G. Hertzler as Klingon Captain

Dayo Ade as Klingon Tactical Officer

Gary Kasper as Orion Slaver #2

Bobbi Sue Luther as Orion Slave Woman

Thom Williams as Klingon Soldier #1

Creative Staff:

Director: David Livingston

Written By: Ken LaZebnik

Augments attack a Klingon ship. To prevent going to war with the Klingons, the Enterprise returns to Earth to enlist the help of Dr. Arik Soong, a man that has experimented with the same enhancements and the last one to be with the Augments.

"Borderland" introduced the great grandfather of Noonien Soong, the man who would become the creator of Data and Lore. Brent Spiner did an excellent job, no one else brings life to the characters like Spiner. He can be the meanest bad guy in a TV episode or a movie, but there is something about him and they way he portrays the characters that makes you like him. A very likable villain.

We also see Archer receive his real captain's chair that has controls similar to those that the captain's chair has on TNG and the other series. Big Show, the WWE superstar, did an excellent job as the Orion Slaver. He's been on many things, and I'm always amazed on how well of an actor he can be. He did as good as anyone else who would have been chosen for the small role he was.

Another thing that impressed me was the acting of Dave Power as Ensign Jeffrey Pierce, who was terrified that the Enterprise wasn't coming for him when he is kidnapped by the Orions. His fear shows the human side of the crew and that not all members of the Enterprise can handle pressure. It was a small role, but it made a big impact on me.

T'Pol is a Commander, no longer with the Vulcan High Command. It is easy to tell that there is a friendship between T'Pol and Archer when he gives her a gift for become the Commander. She nearly tears up and you can tell that she is very touched by the gift.

Overall, a very excellent episode that has me really wanting to see the next episode and see where this story goes. Bravo, I can't wait!

***** out of *****

Those are some of the reasons why I liked Borderland (also tied in with the Eugenics War)that they mentioned in Space seed (Supermen stronger faster etc DNA stuff of course)hense Augments.

and Malik's Bedroom scenes were pretty Stimulating as well!! ("Shirtless" and in his undies)

Hubba Hubba Hubba

:assimilated::wow: B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

4. For some reason, this episode didn't grab me that much. But Spiner was incredible, Big Show did a good job as well. Power emoted a little too much, but was good. Good storyline on this one, though, I'll give it that.

"Borderland" introduced the great grandfather of Noonien Soong, the man who would become the creator of Data and Lore. Brent Spiner did an excellent job, no one else brings life to the characters like Spiner. He can be the meanest bad guy in a TV episode or a movie, but there is something about him and they way he portrays the characters that makes you like him. A very likable villain.

T'Pol is a Commander, no longer with the Vulcan High Command. It is easy to tell that there is a friendship between T'Pol and Archer when he gives her a gift for become the Commander. She nearly tears up and you can tell that she is very touched by the gift.

you are right. brent is a very talented actor and he is so good as hero as villain. I love his blue eyes and I like that in these episodes in enterprise he can show them without strange contact lenses.

I like T'Pol, I have made last year a photo with her, she is a very good actress and I hope to see her in another series.

I really liked the Augments storyline. Spiner was his usual brilliant self in these episodes. I only wish that they had done more of these and perhaps sooner in the series.

I give it a 4.

I wasn't digging the Augments (it was like Khan's group on a 90210 level).

However I loved the Orion Slave Traders up close and Brent Spiner was cool too.

I thought this was a great ep at the time it was broadcast and consider it to be wonderfully acted. In light of the release of ST:Into Darkness, this ep showed the potential of having a group of 'augments' on the loose. These augments are mentioned as 'mini-Khans'; subsequently leaving me to wonder how much damage Khan Noonien Singh and company could induce in the alternate reality.

Sign in to follow this