Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Home

What rating would you give "Home"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Home"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 079

Season: 4 Episode: 3

Original Air Date: 10.22.2004

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Joanna Cassidy as T'Les

Michael Reilly Burke as Koss

Ada Maris as Captain Erika Hernandez

Gary Graham as Soval

Vaughn Armstrong as Admiral Forrest

Joe Chrest as Bar Patron #1

Jim Fitzpatrick as Commander Williams

Jack Donner as Vulcan Priest

Creative Staff:

Director: Allan Kroeker

Written By: Michael Sussman

Related Items:

P'Jem

After the long battle with the Xindi and the aliens of the 1940's, the Enterprise returns home to a hero's welcome, but the Vulcans are upset with what happened to the zombie Vulcans. While the Enterprise is being repaired, the crew takes a much needed vacation. Archer goes rock climbing and T'Pol takes Trip to meet her family but it's not a happy reunion to say the least.

"Home" is a fantastic episode. It is really gratifying and exciting to see Archer at the beginning of the episode giving his victory speech with a standing ovation. Then it shifts into a darker realm when T'Pol is forced to be married to someone she doesn't love, and Phlox has a run in with a anti-alien prejudice. This deals with many things in this one episode and is just a great story.

***** out of *****

I gave it a 3. The heroes' welcome and Archer's speech were incredible. The whole part with T'Pol and Trip on Vulcan did not set well with me at all, and if that had been the whole episode, I'd have given it a 1. Archer's storyline was better, and I really loved it when he tells his colleague about how he saw his naivete in her, and how he loathes how he's changed and how he know she will too. But I didn't like how he managed to suddenly cast it all away to make out with her again. Phlox's storyline was rather meager, though it gave a chance to give Reed, Mayweather, Phlox AND Sato (though later on) a chance to get into the story. Kind of a C storyline really, but cool enough, and the visual on that was impressive. But in the end, it was Bakula's acting that kept this episode from creeping any lower.

I like T'Pol's Mom.

I've had a crush on Joanna Cassidy since my youth. :biggrin:

I gave it a 3.

I haven't seen a ton of Enterprise episodes, however I've seen several with Archer yelling at the same members of the Vulcan High Command. That starts to grow tired after awhile.

When T'Pol got married was a shadow of the drama/directing & camera angles/good sets from Amok Time in TOS.

Sign in to follow this