Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A Piece of the Action

What rating would you give "A Piece of the Action"?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "A Piece of the Action"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 049

Season: 2 Episode: 17

DVD Disc: 5

Air Date: 01.12.1968

Stardate: 4598.0

In this episode the story is fairly simple, over 100 years before the Prime Directive was adopted the USS Horizon visits Sigma Iotia and contaminates their society by leaving behind a book about Earth's 1920's mobs.

When Kirk and company arrive they discover that the planet has adopted this book as their "bible" and are living out the lifestyle described in it. The episode is one of the more comical episodes and from it came the fictional card game "Fizbin", which Captain Kirk made up during his escape from one of the planets gangs. Reference to the game would be made in Deep Space Nine's Season 5 episode The Ascent.

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Walter Koenig as Pavel Andreievich Chekov

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

Guest Cast:

Anthony Caruso as Bela Oxmyx

Victor Tayback as Jojo Krako

Lee Delano as Kalo

John Harmon as Tepo

Steve Marlo as Zabo

William Blackburn as Lt. Hadley

Jay Jones as Mirt

Creative Staff:

Director: James Komack

Teleplay By: David P. Harmon and Gene L. Coon

Story By: David P. Harmon

This was one of my favorite episodes of TOS and was almost the source for the DS9 "30th Anniversary" celebration episode, which the writers decided to go with Tribbles instead.

I give this episode a rating of 5 and recommend it to anyone looking for a fun episode of the Original Series to watch.

I liked it a lot & that's why I gave it a 4. I thought it was quite good but there were only a few eps. I could rate a 5.

This is one of my all time favorite Trek Episodes of all Time

I even belong to a Trek RPG dedicated to it :naughty:

This is a classic episode, with Kirk's driving difficulties, Fizbin and his getting to act like a mobster. I especially enjoyed the comment - " a miniscule piece" of the action. I gave it a five as a great comic episode, though if I was rating all the episodes of all time I might get pickier and give it a 4.75 ( though that would make me obsessive!) :assimilated:

Edited by trekz

Definitely one of the better episodes. I give this one a five as well. I loved the confusion caused by all the usage of jargon that the Enterprise crew just couldn't get. Great job from all the actors on this one. Solid five.

One of the funniest episodes in the series! Often overlooked b y the Tribbles episode. Spock was hilarious in this one as was Kirk. I'm still trying to figure out Fizzbin!

Better than The Trouble With Tribbles yet still had some dramatic moments. It had every bad gangster movie cliche ever done but with humor.

Imagine if that episode were done today Kirk's driving would be even worse when you add in the cell phone wedged between the shoulder and head, changing the stations on the radio (or changing a CD) and the left arm extended in the single digit salute. :)

Better than The Trouble With Tribbles yet still had some dramatic moments. It had every bad gangster movie cliche ever done but with humor.

Imagine if that episode were done today Kirk's driving would be even worse when you add in the cell phone wedged between the shoulder and head, changing the stations on the radio (or changing a CD) and the left arm extended in the single digit salute. :)

Very good point :)

One of the best. I thought Vic Tayback ("Mel" from Mel's Diner in the 80's sitcom "Alice") did a great job in this one. Anyone want to start a Fizzbin club? :)

Gave it a 5

One of the best. I thought Vic Tayback ("Mel" from Mel's Diner in the 80's sitcom "Alice") did a great job in this one. Anyone want to start a Fizzbin club? :)

Gave it a 5

Sure! We'll meet on Tuesdays......unless its raining, then we will meet on Friday.....except if its a full moon on Friday, we'll make it Wednesday.......... :)

One of the best. I thought Vic Tayback ("Mel" from Mel's Diner in the 80's sitcom "Alice") did a great job in this one. Anyone want to start a Fizzbin club? :blink:

Gave it a 5

Sure! We'll meet on Tuesdays......unless its raining, then we will meet on Friday.....except if its a full moon on Friday, we'll make it Wednesday.......... :)

:) :angry: :laugh:

Sign in to follow this