Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Space Seed

What rating would you give "Space Seed"?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Space Seed"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

KKKKKKHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

I can't believe no one else has taken the moment to review this episode if for no other reason than to throw that in. lol.

Good episode. The 20th century historian was a downside, imo. Not all that believable.

At least it was realistic about how it took a simple matter of advanced technology (though a simpler example of it) to take down Khan long enough to get the ship under control again.

A classic episode and one of the best. I agree about the historian. I don't see how anyone that weak-willed could be in Starfleet. She deserved her fate on Ceti Alpha 5. I like Khan's line " Oh...technology has advanced but...how little man himself has changed". Very acute statement.

A classic ep later revisited in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, the movie that really set the movies off into warp speed! I agree about the historian being far too weak a character to be a believable Star Fleet officer.

From Memory Alpha: Memorable Quotes

"I can’t understand why it always gives you pleasure to see me proven wrong."

"An emotional earth weakness of mine."

- Spock and Kirk

"Records of the Period are fragmented however. The Mid 1990's was the era of your last so-called world wars."

"The Eugenics Wars"

- Spock and McCoy

"Where am I?"

"You're in bed, holding a knife at your doctor's throat."

- Khan Noonien Singh and McCoy

"My name is Khan. Please sit and entertain me."

- Khan Noonien Singh

"I grow... fatigued again. Perhaps we could continue this questioning some other time."

- Khan Noonien Singh, being questioned by Captain Kirk

"Your air should be getting quite thin by now. Do you surrender the bridge?"

"Negative."

"Academic, Captain. Refuse and every person on the bridge will suffocate."

- Khan and Kirk

"You fled. Why? Were you afraid?"

"I've never been afraid."

"But you left at the very time man needed courage."

"We offered the world order!"

"We?"

- Kirk and Khan

"Joaquin, the trip is over. The battle begins again; only this time it is not a world to win. It is a universe."

- Khan

"Those men went on to tame a continent. Can you tame a world?"

"Have you ever read Milton, Captain?"

- Kirk and Khan

"It's a shame for a good Scotsman to admit it, but I'm not up on Milton."

"The statement Lucifer made when he fell into the pit: 'It is better to rule in hell than serve in heaven.' "

-Scotty and Kirk

"Each of you in turn will go in there! Die while the others watch!"

- Khan

"I should warn you, such men dare take what they want."

- Khan

Edited by trekz

one of the most well written characters in TV fiction is Khan. Just watch the episode and compare him to the rest of the villains that appear on this series, and he has the most presence and there is no comparison. Forget the movie that came afterwards and this episode, in a weird way, almost makes more of an impact. Just as a story by itself, it is brilliant.

All credit to Ricardo

Edited by Stephen of Borg

It will always be considere a classic, I think. It must have given its writer much pride, to see it turned into a film-one of the most popular in all so far.ut, they certainly got things stuck in a spot, 'history-wise', with the Eugenics Wars/sleeper ship concept, until Greg Cox 'unwound' the complications-if not canon-inhis books. And look at the great one-liner we got out of it eventually. Heck, I'll say it again, myself..KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!'' Too many letters?Nah. Can't have enough on that one.

Sign in to follow this