Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

Borg

I have always found the borg to be so werid. I dont see what is so cool about them. They seem to scare me at times, but i think that why alot of people seem to like them. Expect the unexpected as they say. In the movies, they seem to be wimps to me only wanted just to take over and they way or making things better is just a waste of time. I'm sorry but i would not want to look like any of them in the morning.

Lursa

They are OK.

The only think I don't like about them is the "zombie walk" they do.

They'd be much more scary if they moved a little faster, and were agile.

:frusty:

284357[/snapback]

Why do the need move faster when people that there after trip on their own feet?

For crying out loud they are cool!!!!

I mean. How many species have a goal besides the humans other than surviving? They're one of the only species that don't need to eat. They don't even have to talk to each oterh to communicate. I mean. How many species can build ships that are kilometers long? How mant species can boast that they have conquered almost 1/2 of the galaxy?

How many species can build ships that are kilometers long?

Those evil-looking dudes from Independence Day!!!!

:frusty::look:

Why do they need to move faster when people that they're after trip on their own feet?

That's true.

Maybe something is wrong with their shoes??? :look:

Edited by The King

I have always found the borg to be so werid. I dont see what is so cool about them. They seem to scare me at times, but i think that why alot of people seem to like them. Expect the unexpected as they say. In the movies, they seem to be wimps to me only wanted just to take over and they way or making things better is just a waste of time. I'm sorry but i would not want to look like any of them in the morning.

Lursa

277400[/snapback]

I've always felt that all the races in Star Trek were essentially metaphors for aspects of humanity. Klingons represent aggression, Vulcans logic, etc. I think the Borg represent Big Buisness. After all...they tool around in box-shaped ships that look like office-blocks, and they perform hostile takeovers (assimilations) of other races the same way Time-Warner and Viacom crush small buisnesses. Put a Nike "swoosh" on the side of a Borg cube and the picture is complete.

*Ahem*

I think you misunderstand. I think that the Borg are an excellent idea for a villian in the Star Trek Universe...but I think it is important to remember what they represent. The Borg represent, in my estimation, the absolute worst impulses in human beings to absorb and smash flat what some historians call "the Other". This has happened many times. When the frontiersman began to move West, they had no consideration for the Native-Americans that were already here...they simply took their land, aite their food and considered them to be "godless savages". The result of this was that most of the Native-American population was wiped out wholesale thanks to displacement, smallpox and outright murder. Those who survived either ended up on miserable reservations (where many of them still are to this hour) or were assimilated into American/Christian culture.

What we are currently doing to Iraq is no different then what the Borg do all the time.

I believe it also has to do with when something normal is taken and changed so that the normal while still recognizable is now different or alien. It is this fear that makes them so interesting and popular. Another example I can think of is the movie Polteirgeist.

The Borg were great until the introduction of the Borg Queen. That ruined the Borg. Until then, they were this mysterious, scary enemy that you couldn't even communicate with. The Borg Queen made them just another villian of the week.

The Borg are cool, some could argue that the Borg are villans as such. As they seem to seek perfection. In their eyes they are giving perfection to others, not knowing that they do not want that.

Edited by Locutus of Borg

that reminds me about how Locutus tells Worf the same. It's kind of a sad story, the thought that the Borg think they are actually doing good, in their mind they think they are only helping all species evolve